Barclaycard CashForward™ World MasterCard® Reviews

Cardholders' Choice i

• Balance Transfer Intro APR 0%* intro for 15 Months on balance transfers made within 45 days of account opening
  • Balance Transfer Regular APR 15.99%, 20.99% or 25.99% Variable
  • Purchase Intro APR 0% for 15 Months
  • Purchase Regular APR 15.99%, 20.99% or 25.99% Variable

Our Take

The Barclaycard CashForward™ World MasterCard® is a straightforward, solid cash back card.

What to Like

The Barclaycard CashForward™ World MasterCard® offers rewards with no annual fee. Cardholders can earn 1.5% cash back on every purchase and the rewards don't expire as long as you keep your account open, active and in good standing. Cardholders could also earn a one-time $200 rewards bonus after spending $1000 in purchases in the first 90 days after account opening.

Look Out For

This card includes both balance transfer and foreign transaction fees. There are also late payment fees up to $37.

Nov 14, 2016
Persistence is key - thank you!
RMGR Cardholder

I applied for this card (credit karma says I had a poor chance - scores range from about 640-650 & I already have a barclay rewards card with a $500 limit) and got a message stating my application is being processed and I will hear from them in 7-10 business days. I immediately called the reconsideration line to see if I can provide any further information to help them make their decision. The customer service agent was extremely polite and asked me several questions on my credit report (old charge offs, recent inquiries). Long story short, she said the application would have to be denied due to all of my recent inquiries in the last 3 months (about 5) but since I already have an account with them, to continue making payments and try back in a couple of months. I let a day go by and I said "what the heck? I'm going to call them again" the agent I spoke with this time was concerned with my old charge offs, I explained to him that they were very old and in recent years I've had a clean credit profile and BAM! I was reconsidered and approved for $1000! All in all, if you are persistent and honest with them about your credit profile, you may find someone who believes in your credit worthiness. Thank you Barclay!

Aug 08, 2017
SCAM - 0% APR on Purchases
zhildeb Cardholder

If you are applying for this card to use the 0% APR on PURCHASES, please pick any other card on the market. Once I was approved for the card, they started charging me interest on my 3rd statement. After working with Customer Service for MONTHS, they came to the conclusion that this "0% APR on Purchases" was a promo that only started after I signed-up. Yet, the only reason I even signed up for this card (or even found it) was to utilize the 0% interest. I found this card by using Mastercard's Find-A-Card tool, with 0% interest. Now, in order to prove I'm supposed to have 0% interest, they require me to fax in my terms and conditions. It's a complete scam.

Here's a good example of how clueless their Customer Service Representatives are:

Me: Yes, I was supposed to have 0% interest on Purchases for the 1st 15 biling cycles

Representative: Sorry, we don't offer ANY cards with 0% interst on Purchases

Me: Here's the URL to your company's website with the card I have, that also shows 0%

Representative: Oh...that's new. That just started, and wasn't available when you signed up

Somehow after proving the representative wrong, she immediately knew about this promotion and that it was FOR SURE not available when I signed up... right... how convenient.

I've had no problems with Chase, American Express, or Citi in the past, but this was enough for me to realize - never to do business with Barclaycard.

Aug 14, 2017
Awesome Card/Great Customer Service
BigLouthegreat Cardholder

I was Approved for a 2500 Credit Limit. My back then was EQ 695 TU 700. I also received a $250 bonus to after spending $500 dollars which it was even more Awesome!!. And on top of that they match 10% of the amount I redeem from my points including the bonus! Can you guys believe that?! I'm overall more than satisfy with this credit and their customer service is great too. I had no problem with anything and the representative over the phone answer all my question. I love my credit card.

Aug 08, 2017
SCAM - 0% APR on Purchases
zhildeb Cardholder

Representative: Sorry, we don't offer ANY cards with 0% interst on Purchases

Aug 06, 2017
I would rate zero if there is a choice

I just cannot belive the customer service deny the card information on the official website, and said I only have the offer of balance transfer not standard purchase.  The only way I can prove myself have the offer is to email them my pre-qualified letter I receive half year ago? Who would keep a bank invitation letter after 6 months, especial you get approved. So this bank is a totally fraud and lier. Do not apply this ever, or they would steal your money.

Jun 28, 2017
Always good to ask for second chances
Mitty1890 Cardholder

I applied for this card with both credit scores sitting around 660-670. I have been rebuilding my credit for nearly two years and had recently been approved for an American Express Everyday card as well as a Barclays MasterCard. Recently Barclays increased my credit limit to 1400 after it being $500 and me charging it to max and then paying it off every month. Despite the good relationship with Barclays and me rebuilding my credit after charge offs and several late payments I got the typical "We will review your application and notify you within 7-10 business days". About a week later I received a letter of denial from Barclays. Needless to say, I was shocked with how much work I have done on my credit. I don't make a lot of money, but I also live in the Dakotas so the cost of living is low. I called and asked for a reconsideration. I asked her initially why it got declined and she said because my pay down was too low on some of my accounts. I explained that I used my Amex to transfer a balance because it had 15 months of no interest and was just paying it down as I could, I also explained how I was going through a rough time when I had all of my chargeoffs and am doing a lot better now. She then approved me for a $1000 limit because she said my credit behavior has been good and haven't missed a payment for nearly two years. So all I can say is, don't hesitate to call in when you're rejected. Explain your use of your credit and why it is what it is. I love my Barclays MasterCard, and I'm sure I will love this one too!

Jun 14, 2017
FALSE Promises, Worst Customer Service
SURANDAR Cardholder

I bought this card 3 months ago and one of the selling point of this card was Purchase Intro APR 0% for 15 Months,  however i am being charged with interest even after regular payments which is more than my regular due when i contacted the customer care they say no such policy exists on my card! I am bemused how it can change from person to person and you flip on your words which is the selling point of the card!

I had raised an complaint more than 3 weeks back yet to receive a clarification from them, ITS A NIGHTMARE TO OWN THIS CARD!

False promises, Worst turn around time in handling complaints, by far the slowest of the different  credit card services which I had used. i had been customer with BOA, DISC and amex. I will put barclays down below all.

DONT APPLY!

Jun 09, 2017
Rewards are nice.
Tj063018 Cardholder

I have this card and have had it for a year. I have another Barclays's card also. When I paid off the other Barclay's card they decreased my limit on the cash forward card and i did not receive a letter until afterwards. Bad business practices. Would not recommend. Also no cli on neither card and have had both over a year.

Jun 04, 2017
Good website
Anonymous Cardholder

Only negative is they perform a hard inquiry and you need to accumulate a 50 dollar refund before they pay you the cash back. Was preapproved and received a 200 dollar promotional offer. Not bad.

Jun 01, 2017
got credit decrease
JACK19701 Cardholder

I started with this card June 2016 with credit limit $900 always paid the balance off and in Jan got my credit limit cut to $500 because the credit bureaus reported to many recent credit inquiry I been still paying my balance off every month how long you think it will take to get me a credit increase

May 12, 2017
cleopuma Cardholder

Not the greatest card. 1 and 1/2 percent cash back, but you start out with a very low credit limit. I started out with a 500.00 limit. Now after 2 years of havig the card, my limit is only 1,700.00. My other CapOne card, which I got about 3 mos after this one, has a 4500.00 limit,.

Barclaycard CashForward™ World MasterCard®