Credit Score
  • info This chart details the percent of cardholders that a credit score that currently falls within the given score ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average credit score across all holders of this card, every month, for the past year.
Credit Limit
  • info This chart details the percent of cardholders whose credit limit on this card currently falls within the given amount ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average credit limit of all holders of this card whose current credit score falls within the given score ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average credit limit of all holders of this card whose current age falls within the given age ranges.
  • info This chart details the percent of cardholders whose current balance on this card falls within the given amount ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average current balance for all holders of this card whose current credit score falls within the given score ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average current balance for all holders of this card whose current age falls within the given age ranges.
  • info This chart details the percent of cardholders whose current credit limit utilization for this card falls within the given utilization ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average credit limit utilization for all holders of this card whose current credit score falls within the given score ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average credit limit utilization for all holders of this card whose current age falls within the given age ranges.
60+ Days Past Due Status
  • info This chart displays the percent of holders of this card that were 60+ days past due for the given month for the past year.
  • info This chart displays the percent of holders of this card that are currently 60+ days past due and whose current credit score falls within the given score range.
  • info This chart displays the average amount that is 60+ days past due for holders whose current credit score falls within the given score range.
Age of Cardholder
  • info This chart details the percent of cardholders whose current age falls within the given age ranges.
Sample Size: 279
Data Created: October 01, 2013

115 Cardholder Reviews

Results 1-10 of 115Results per page: 5 | 10 | 25Page 1 of 12   Previous | Next

Wow, impressive - but apply directly Helpful to 181 out of 196 people

NOTE - APPLY DIRECTLY THROUGH the NFL Extra Points website for a 20,000 point sign-up bonus (=$200). CK only gets you $100! So, go double your take directly. CK has some great offers, usually comparable/equal to, or the best... but before you hit "apply" for any card here, do go surf the web for better!

I got approved in seconds with a 643 (Usually much higher, but I have high utilization right now since it's off cycle, showing at ~80% though I just paid everything off like I do every month... so I was not expecting instant approval). I do have decently high income - $80k. Note, they ask for PERSONAL income, not household. Somethign to consider when applying.

I got it for my other half - you can add an authorized user and they report on their credit as well. We're building his by sharing mine. Capital One does this as well, while others (my credit union, B of A, AmEx) do NOT do this.

Good luck.

jejaques's review was:

Sep 28, 2012 Reply

jejaques(5, 223)

Review by jejaques

I looked and tried it on a different computer and it showed 10,000 bonus points no matter the computer i signed in from, either way the points are nice

dgolden82's reply was:

Sep 30, 2012

dgolden82(1, 20)

Review by dgolden82

As well applied directly from their website, and only got 10K bonus points, not 20k like author said here.

Anyway it's good to get $100 worth of free points just for signing up.

paulbrawny's reply was:

Sep 30, 2012

paulbrawny(2, 16)

Review by paulbrawny

Helpful but kinda messed up.  I applied through kredit karma.  For free reporting, they deserve to make some kick backs.

olgashilina's reply was:

Nov 12, 2012

olgashilina(1, 8)

Review by olgashilina

Just did and got $2,500---thank you.

Patrick1971's reply was:

Nov 06, 2012

Patrick1971(3, 6)

Review by Patrick1971

I have my wife on my B O A credit card & she IS reported. Her credit is being rebuilt after having terrible credit for years, she is up to 675, while I only have a 630 score. I am told that my debt to income ratio is the reason. With the recent financial fiasco that our country has gone through, I was loathe to take out car loans for my grown children (who pay off on the loans each month) but the economy and job cut backs made trading in their large family SUV's for compact econo models. Too bad it was MY credit that took the beating.

def2too's reply was:

Mar 28, 2013

def2too(1, 3)

Review by def2too

Approved Helpful to 46 out of 50 people

Ck score 595, was approved for 2500$! When I filled out the application it said they needed more time to review so I was sure I was declined but there was a link that said check your application status which I did right away (not even a minute had passed) and it said I was approved! So to anyone who doesn't get instant approval check your application status.

Oct 27, 2012 Reply

do they report to all 3 credit agents

tavorious700's reply was:

Jan 24, 2013

tavorious700(3, 6)

Review by tavorious700

THEY NEED TO PULL THEIR HEAD OUT OF THEIR ***;;;; I HAVE A 614 AND WAS DENIED.DOES THIS MAKE ANY SENSE?

wildone410's reply was:

Jan 28, 2013

wildone410(4, 11)

Review by wildone410

Approved with CK615! Helpful to 30 out of 32 people

Approved with a CK rating of 615 and I have 5 deragatory marks, (five 5-year old debts in collections)  I am -really- surprised I got approved, and whatmore I got approved for a $2,500 limit!

Oct 31, 2012 Reply

Crazy, i got denied with a 644, 1 derog (bk 2 years ago) 3% utilization rate. I wonder if I should have said yes to using cash advances more. Oh capital one, I appreciated you so much more now!

manwithoutfear's reply was:

Sep 13, 2013

manwithoutfear(3, 15)

Review by manwithoutfear

Might I ask what your debts in collection are, for comparisons? I'm kinda in a similar boat with 615 CK rating and 1 derogatory mark. Also my debt is mostly student loans.

misterbiggs's reply was:

Dec 30, 2012

misterbiggs(1, 2)

Review by misterbiggs

Approved with TU Fico score of 694! Helpful to 14 out of 14 people

I was approved on Sept 3rd with a credit limit of $3200. My CK TU score was 642 and my real TU Fico was 694 (today I checked and it dropped 5 points from the inquiry and new account added). At the time I had 10 inquiries on TU, 4 on Equifax and 2 on Experian for the last two years. I have one derogatory  from 4 years ago that I havn't paid and two collections from six years ago that I have paid. All payments for my other 14 accounts have never been late.

I read the terms of the account Barclayy sent and YES they do monitor the account heavily, especially  during the first 30 days for changes in credit behavior (spending, etc.) and new CI. In fact they check TU again (soft pull) only 4 days later. After reading the reviews by doing a search on the web I wish I had not opened the card for fear of them closing the account later. A week before I opened up a card with Navy Federal Credit Union and it's not on my report yet only the inquiry which was there when they first checked, I didn't know NFCU approved me for $2500 Nrewards card as I had to call them to verify my address because I hadn't updated my account and my new address sent off a red flag .Had I known I would never applied for Barclay in the first place as all I wanted was a card I could use anywhere in an emergency.

I figure I will see it through the six months and write an update as to any negative or positive outcomes, But take caution when seeking a card with them. If it's only your first few cards than go for it and then beahve by not taking any type of credit out  anywhere else for atleast 6 months....the only way to build credit is to have credit but if you are like me and have several cards already, go elsewhere. I already feel like I have an ulcer from being addicted to watching my score I can't be worried that if I spend money on credit even though I pay my balances off each month that They will close the account on me. So for now it's just a wait and see type of card. I f the ammount wasn't so decent I would close it myself.

I only opened it because I closed my secured card with Cap One and needed a card that could be used anywhere not just a specific store. Now that I have NFCU and hopefully Barclay (allthough I'll probally never feel easy using Barclay) I'm done on my credit quest so no more inquiries untill next year when I apply for a home loan and then it's to the shredder with the cards. All this to get a home and then pay taxes??????I must be crazy.

getaheadsomeday's review was:

Sep 13, 2013 Reply

Review by getaheadsomeday

Update......Had this card 1 month now. Still open even with NFCU nRewards open at same time. After reading reviews about them closing the card and not honoring bonus points I was thinking they were going to be a dishonest company. Well I have to say so far they are treating me fairly. I got my points and applied them as cash back and paid my card balance off. So far I don't think they are going to be bad.  I ill update any changes in the future.

Oct 04, 2013

Review by getaheadsomeday

2 months.....Still no complaints. Barclay is slow at posting transactions ( about 3-7 days after purchase) but I don't find that to be negative whereas I pay attention and keep reciepts and only use a small fraction each month and pay balance off. My scores have jumped since opening this from 15-30 points. Happy camper so far.

Nov 12, 2013

Review by getaheadsomeday

Ok,sorry I didn't keep up with the updates. So I just had my 6 month statement cut. No auto increase? oh well.  I just ran my credit through fico and my scores range from 689-734, which have all increased since December. Also my credit usuage on any of my cards never go above 20% and my overal credit usuage never goes above 14%. I never charged more than $640 on my barclay card and always paid it off as well as two of the months with no new charges. Maybe at the 7th statement since that's my true 6 month mark? Who knows. I do have a freeze on my experian or equifax report so that might be why since they havn't checked my reports since Oct. which is weird because they checked it three time in the month I opened it. Anyways, I have had no problems using this card or managing my account online. I would say for now they have been good to me so I would rate them as a good company to others.

Mar 05, 2014

Nice! Helpful to 55 out of 62 people

I was approved for a $500 limit after Capital One turned me down on a credit limit increase on a card I already have with them.  My CK score is 616.   This one has no annual fee, whil emy other one is $79.  Thanks Barclays!

ZGiddy's review was:

Sep 28, 2012 Reply

ZGiddy(1, 55)

Review by ZGiddy

Check out Capital One's STUDENT rewards credit card (believe it's called the "Journey" card or something along those lines). NO ANNUAL FEE. They do not verify student status at all, and it is not mentioned in their terms and conditions (unlike other student cards such as the Discover student card)... meaning you don't actually need to be a student to apply. It nets 1.25% cashback, and they are pretty generous with approvals, fairly high credit limits, and a credit limit increase in six months. High ARP (~20%), but most rewards cards have that, just be sure to pay it off every month.

jejaques's reply was:

Sep 28, 2012

jejaques(5, 223)

Review by jejaques

I got denied with .  644 score. 1 derog, 3 percent utilization rate. I think  I should have said yes to using my card for cash advances. lol.

manwithoutfear's reply was:

Sep 13, 2013

manwithoutfear(3, 15)

Review by manwithoutfear

Same tHing Happened to me. Screw you CapitlOL One..AND    the EVEN MORE NASTY, DISHONET, PIECE OF CRAP  IDIOTS PREMIER ONE. RUN FROM ThEM...BUT HAHAHAHA! IGOT TWO ReLaTIVLeY RECENT DEBTs REMOVED! HAHAHA! JERKS! THEIR "BAD" KARMA! :-))))

CJwww's reply was:

Dec 26, 2012

CJwww(1, 3)

Review by CJwww

your right...my ck is a 656 and I just applied after reading all the reviews...I was turned down as soon as i clicked submit!!!  STAY AWAY FROM THIS CARD IF YOU HAVE A HIGH CREDIT SCORE!!!

buckkellar's reply was:

wildone410's reply was:

Jan 28, 2013

wildone410(4, 11)

Review by wildone410

weird some people with better scores were turned down right away

evansjoelle11's reply was:

Nov 05, 2012

evansjoelle11(1, 2)

Review by evansjoelle11

i have never heard of this kind of credit card. i am trying to build my credit back up from a mess 3 years ago. couldnt get approved anywhere and this one approved me. Is it legit? Is it safe? just kinda want you feedback after using the card for about 4 months....

CSpoto323's reply was:

Jan 29, 2013

CSpoto323(1, 1)

Review by CSpoto323

OUTSTANDING! Helpful to 43 out of 48 people

Everyone else declined me because of 6 yr old bankruptcy.  Checked out Credit Karma and this NFL card said it was a good chance of approval...read other reviews....applied and was approved for $1800 limit, amazingly fast.  Only other approval I've gotten was for Walmart's credit card and even that was only an $800 limit.  This will really help increase my credit score so I can finally get a "brand new" car next year for the first time in my life!  Thanks Credit Karma and thanks to Barclays!!

apple088's review was:

Oct 04, 2012 Reply

apple088(1, 43)

Review by apple088

the walmart card is issued by GE. APPLY for the paypal and carecredit (easy to get you get to request your limit ask for high amountt they approve easy).

those two cards and the samclub card are all issued by GE and once they approve you for one, they approve the others even with low credit scoress.

fespinal's reply was:

Jan 05, 2013

fespinal(1, 11)

Review by fespinal

That's great. I also have a 4 year old bankruptcy that was discharged last year, and I also got a Walmart credit card with an $800 credit limit, and I WORK there.

digger0529's reply was:

Oct 08, 2012

digger0529(2, 19)

Review by digger0529

I also was aooroved for Barclays for $1800 and WalMart for $400..Sure hope this helps my credit score..and I have 52,000 in finanical debt for school...Yeah me :)

geminiibaby's reply was:

Dec 18, 2012

geminiibaby(2, 9)

Review by geminiibaby

How old are you? I'm 21 and my score is 642 and I'm really interested in this card. I have never had a credit card before - this will be my first one. Thoughts?

MisssJacksonn's reply was:

Oct 01, 2013

MisssJacksonn(1, 1)

Review by MisssJacksonn

What was you score when you were approved for this card?

varcity26's reply was:

Jan 02, 2013

varcity26(1, 1)

Review by varcity26

Approved - Wow! Helpful to 28 out of 31 people

I just received my card in the mail today. A $2500 limit with a credit score of 679. I can't wait to start using it to rebuild my credit score back to a 750 that I had last year....just had a few bumps in the road that's why it dropped!!!!!

Exelon's review was:

Oct 08, 2012 Reply

Jsc718(1, 15)

Review by Jsc718

Great Helpful to 8 out of 8 people

I applied and within 2 minutes i was approved i received a 500 credit card and my credit score is 652

TynelleC23's review was:

Nov 09, 2012 Reply

TynelleC23(2, 17)

Review by TynelleC23

yea my fico was 653 for trans and i only got 500 aswell but my other cards are 1500 750 and walmart 500 but im just glad they said yes

reid24's reply was:

Jan 08, 2013

reid24(22, 52)

Top Contributor

Review by reid24

Top Contributor

just want to say that good but at same time should got more then that because other people getting 4000 credit limit only with 560 c score

life60's reply was:

Feb 13, 2013

life60(4, 1)

Review by life60

Hit the Jackpot with 570 CK Helpful to 18 out of 20 people

wow got approved for 4000 limit with 570score. I had only one card before with 500 limit and 70 annual fee. This card suprb no annual fee plus 10k points worth $100 value, whatelse I need. Thanks Barclay for being so generous.

adeebakas's review was:

• Purchase Intro APR Not
    Applicable
  • Purchase Regular APR 14.99% or 22.99%* Variable
Learn More Visit Application Page

Cardholder Rating Distribution (115)

Top Similar Cards

Barclaycard is a global credit card and loan provider, based primarily in the UK. Barclaycard in the United States issues credit cards partnered with over 60 companies and brands worldwide, including retailers like L.L. Bean and Apple to services like Priceline.com and Travelocity. Barclaycard offers cards spanning basic credit cards to rewards and travel credit cards. Barclaycard's website also includes a resource center, complete with articles to help customers manage credit widely. Barclaycard was developed in the U.S. in 2004 to partner with leading U.S. companies and deliver co-branded credit cards.

Barclaycard is a member of Barclays PLC, a major global financial services provider involved with retail and commercial banking, credit cards, investment banking, wealth management, and investment management services. Barclays PLC operates in over 50 countries and services account for over 27 million customer and clients worldwide.

NFL Extra Points Credit Card