Credit Card Reviews Advertiser Disclosure

Alaska Airlines Visa Signature®

Jan 30, 2016
Anonymous Cardholder

This was a horrible experience. Applied on a flight as I was flying Alaska quite a bit. Didn't hear anything from them and assumed that even with a 700+ score that for some reason I didn't qualify. I had asked only to get the card if I received the platinum. Fast forward about 5 months. I get a notice that I have a negative in my credit score. I never received the card, let alone activated it and they are giving me a negative! I call and they apologize and promise to send out another card-they also will send a letter in to get rid of the negative on my score and I am told they will not charge me the annual fee for the card when it comes. I begin getting letters saying I'm past due and the interest on the fee begins piling up. I call again and I'm told when I activate my new card they'll take care of it. I get the new card and they tell me after activating the card that no one was authorized to cancel the fee but this is after 4 months of going back and forth about the fee. Each time I get a different story. I even tell them I'm recording the conversation when they tell me they are-i offer to play the conversation but they say it doesn't matter. Do I'm told again and again they will cancel the annual fee. When I try to use the card it's declined. Of course I call and guess what-not have to pay the fee- after that, they close the card and send me a letter saying that I owe the fee and interest. I threaten to have our lawyer deal with this and even tell them to contact my lawyer. Then I get a letter saying that the fee had been taken off. They then say they have to pull my credit again in order for me to be able to use the card. Wow. What a horrible horrible experience. I was all set to get my miles and use this card on holiday. Don't touch them with a 10 foot pole. You Will regret it!

Alaska Airlines Visa Signature®