4.1

Oct 30 2017
Perfect for frequent SPG/Marriott guests

I applied for this card in January 2015 right after our mortgage began reporting. My Experian FICO was 672, so I was surprised that they approved me with a credit line of $7,500. I'm not sure if my SPG Gold status played into their decision, but I was SPG elite for 5 years before applying. There are numerous perks to this card--enough to warrant its fit with the first annual fee waived--especially now that there are many more opportunities to earn Starpoints through Marriott stays. I used points to pay for one week in a W Marvelous Suite, which is way more than the $95 annual fee. With responsible use comes credit line increases. This is our primary spend card and it was a breeze getting the business version of this card with instant approval.

Oct 14 2018
Beware of AMEX Bait and Switch!!!

I've been a SPG member for a decade and got this card through in June 2018 through Credit Karma for the 75,000 points for $3000 in purchases. Got $5000 limit and despite charging and paying off over $8,000 worth of eligable charges in June-August, I have not received my points as of mid October. AMEX is refusing to grant my points, suddenly saying I accepted some other mystery SPG card offer, and has to conduct an investigation to see if I did indeed get my card through CK. I have no earthly idea what they are talking about as this is the only advertised deal for SPG CC and totally at a loss for why/how they screwed up, but keep your agreements statements on hand and definitely don't be surprised if the same bait and switch happens to you! Without the bonus, it's just another AMEX card and I would have picked a better deal with another travel card if I had known this would happened.

Oct 26 2018
Low limit

Just cant seem to get a high limit no matter my score.? 1k limit.? EXP is my lowest score at 674 however.? Ugh!

Oct 14 2018
Beware of AMEX Bait and Switch!!!

Sep 04 2018
Perfect card for hotels, Rewards Great!

You have to have at least a 680 to be approved.

Sep 03 2018
Got in on the 100K Points Offer!

I'm a current AMEX BCP and PRG card holder. So stoked to have been pre-approved for this card! EXP: 670 | EQX 684 | TU 700

Aug 19 2018

I was denied after CK said I had very good approval offers. I didn't. This put another hard inquiry on my credit bureau profiles and i am very upset. CK sucks!

Feb 20 2018

Today was great, this morning I logged into the Amex application status page and saw the word Approved. I applied 12 days ago and they gave me the 14 day message, Most likely bc I?ve been on an application craze ever since my scores started to climb due to my rebuilding credit over a yr ago. Since there were a ton of inquires on my Exp report (yikes), they took 12 days before they approved me. Although I?ve opened many accounts within the passed 12 months, my utilization hovers at 5% of under. Almost all of my accts have 0 balances. ?This is very important! Anyways, I love Starwood hotels! And now I?m finallly a member of the SPG program. Amex is awesome for giving me a chance!! Will be back to review the card. Hope this helped.?

Feb 19 2018
Approved after 12 days

Feb 19 2018

Jan 10 2018
Good Filler/Catch All Card

I use this card whenever American Express is accepted and I have random expenses that I cannot get better rewards for by using another card. They also have random convenient instant rebates I didn't know about until recently at places like Starbucks and Five Guys Burger though the offers are sporadic and unpredictable. Lastly I use this for group or business travel when Starwood properties are the apparent cost effective option.

Jan 08 2018

after having the AMEX Delta Gold for 4 months, I was preapaproved for the AMEX SPG card. Love it, just wracking up points right now