Finding a credit card for bad credit can be difficult. Bad credit cards often come with high fees and interest rates which can cost you hundreds of thousands of dollars over the life of the card. At Credit Karma, we review all of the credit cards for bad credit and make recommendations based on the fees, customer service, and user feedback. From guaranteed approval to secured cards, we have reviews and recommendations for each credit card type for bad credit. Search All Credit Cards
Cards for Poor Credit (549 or Lower)
With poor credit, your options for credit cards are somewhat limited. Most companies won't provide a credit line without a deposit and virtually all credit cards are going to charge monthly fees. However, if used responsibly, these cards may be the best way to start establishing or rebuilding your credit. Below are our favorite cards for poor credit.
- Checking Account Required
- Apply today, and if approved, simply pay a Processing Fee and you could begin enjoying a manageable Credit Limit (subject to available credit)
- Reports to the major Consumer Reporting Agencies.
- Easy Application process!
- Pay no interest on purchases by paying your balance in full each month
- If approved, once your account is opened you will have access to millions of merchants worldwide (subject to available credit)
- Rebuilding your credit history may be possible: make on time payments to all your creditors and keep you account balances low relative to the credit limits
- Credit scores are used to represent the creditworthiness of a person and may be one indicator to the credit type you are eligible for. However, credit score alone does not guarantee or imply approval for any First PREMIER® Bank product.
- Reports to the major Consumer Reporting Agencies
- Annual fee
For those with less than perfect credit, the First PREMIER Bank MasterCard Credit Card is a great option. Consumers can rebuild, or reestablish credit history by making on-time minimum payments with all creditors and maintaining account balances below credit limits with all creditors. An easy and secure online application makes applying stress free. If approved, simply pay a processing fee to open your account and access your available credit.
This unsecured, fee based credit card reports to all major consumer reporting agencies and is accepted everywhere MasterCard is accepted (subject to available credit).
Credit Score Approval Data †
|541||Average credit score approved for this card †||498||Lowest credit score approved for this card †|
- Build credit with responsible use with no processing or application fees
- Regular reporting to the 3 major credit bureaus
- Your security deposit can get you a line up to $3,000
- You may qualify for a credit line increase based on your payment history and creditworthiness
- Build a financial foundation you can stand on with a card that gets you started
- Use it like any MasterCard credit card, accepted at millions of locations worldwide
- Low annual fee
- No processing or application fees
- High interest rate
Capital One’s Secured MasterCard helps you build credit without breaking the bank. With no set up or processing fees and a hard-to-beat annual fee of $29, Capital One Secured MasterCard reports to all 3 major credit bureaus so you can take steps to build your credit history.
Additionally, Capital One provides credit resources, like access to your credit score, to help you monitor and better your overall credit health. After continued smart and responsible credit use, Capital One rewards eligible cardholders with a credit line increase without additional security deposits. Initial security deposit requirements start at $49, $99, or $200, and can secure you a credit line up to $3,000.
A secured card is one of the best ways to turn around poor credit or establish good credit history, and Capital One’s Secured MasterCard is just the right tool to help.
Credit Score Approval Data †
|574||Average credit score approved for this card †||514||Lowest credit score approved for this card †|