These are some of the most popular credit cards from our partners. Credit Karma compares credit cards across all of our credit card partners to give you up-to-date recommendations for some of our most popular offers. Plus, you can review our data on prior approved credit scores and credit limits to help you in your decision Search All Credit Cards
Cards for Poor Credit (549 or Lower)
With poor credit, your options for credit cards are somewhat limited. Most companies won't provide a credit line without a deposit and virtually all credit cards are going to charge monthly fees. However, if used responsibly, these cards may be the best way to start establishing or rebuilding your credit. Below are our favorite cards for poor credit offered by our credit card partners.
- Unlike a prepaid card, it builds credit when used responsibly, with regular reporting to the 3 major credit bureaus
- Your minimum security deposit gets you a $200 credit line
- You may qualify for a credit line increase based on your payment history and creditworthiness-no additional deposit required
- Easily manage your account 24/7 with online access, by phone or using our mobile app
- It’s a credit card-accepted at millions of locations worldwide
- No processing or application fees
- Annual fee
- High interest rate
- Security deposit
The Capital One® Secured MasterCard® is a good option for people with little or no credit history who are looking to build their credit.
What to Like
This Capital One® Secured MasterCard® has no set up or processing fees. Capital One® reports to all three major credit bureaus so you can take steps to build your credit history. While this card does require an initial security deposit, Capital One® may increase your credit limit without any additional deposits if you use your credit responsibly.
Look Out For
This card comes with a $29 annual fee. Secured credit cards are great for building credit, but they typically come with annual fees and a required security deposit--and without rewards. It’s important to use your credit responsibly in order to build toward a card with more attractive perks.
Credit Score Approval Data ‡
|545||Average credit score approved for this card ‡||464||Typical Low credit score approved for this card ‡|
- Get your FICO® Score every month at no charge.
- Build your credit – Performance is reported to all three major credit bureaus, unlike a prepaid card.
- Credit line increases – Automatic unsecured credit line increase reviews with no additional security deposit or fees.
- No processing or application fees.
- You determine your credit line – up to $3,000.
- Easy funding options – We have several convenient options to easily submit your security deposits.
- Worldwide acceptance – Use it anywhere Visa is accepted.
- Easy application – Click "Apply Now" to apply online today!
Credit Score Approval Data ‡
|553||Average credit score approved for this card ‡||489||Typical Low credit score approved for this card ‡|
* See the online provider's credit card application for details about terms and conditions. Reasonable efforts are made to maintain accurate information. However all credit card information is presented without warranty. When you click on the "Apply Now" button, you can review the credit card terms and conditions on the provider's website.
† These Approval Odds represent Credit Karma's estimation of how likely you are to be approved for a product based on a comparison of your profile with data about Credit Karma members who have been approved for the product in the past (if available). There is no guarantee that you will be approved by the lender or that credit will be extended to you.
‡ Average score refers to the arithmetic mean and typical low score to the 5th percentile of, in each case, available VantageScore 3.0 credit scores provided by TransUnion of Credit Karma members who were approved for this product from October 2014 through March 2015. Average and typical approved scores are provided as guidelines only and approval is not guaranteed. You can learn more about credit card approval through our in-depth article.