Great for building credit from scratch††

$49

2.7

Mar 03 2020
This card is excellent.

I have had no problems with this card. If you make your payments on time, which is what we are supposed to be learning to do, you will have no problem. I use bill pay with my bank and my payments post the next day, so I am shocked at some of these negative reviews. They report to all 3 bureaus.

May 09 2020
Don’t get this card

1) They charge you to speak with customer service to make a payment. 2) If you close the account, it’s gonna take Weeks to have the funds returned. 3) There’s no option to convert to a standard credit card. 4) This card doesn’t make a significant impact on the FICO score. The much better cards available that offer better options to really help your scores. Also with much better automated services available to include a better refund time when you close your account.

Feb 16 2021
They don't care about their customers

Had this card little over 2 months, you make payments through your bank as bill pay didn't like that first time it took 2 weeks 2 time it took a lot longer then they charged me a late charge then the day after my payment went through and they blamed it on the mail and would not take it back off it was not my fault or my banks fault it was their fault, DO NOT GET THIS CARD

Feb 11 2021
Amateur

Can't pay on line. Why? Customer service phone is silly, at best. Polite-but amateurism prevails process- not people, per say... Very unfriendly account worksite.. VERY Limited in functionality.

Feb 05 2021
My first credit card and happy with it.

Just keep up with the annual fees, and don't go bezerk with thinking you need everything and you shouldn't have no problems. P.S. You can link your bank account to pay it up. No money orders for me.

Feb 03 2021
junk!!

why would credit karma even offer this card? rude customer service,,didnt care if i needed the card or not..this is why i did not get it....and all the bad customer reveiws...shame on you credit karma for offering this card!

Feb 01 2021
Stay on top of it

I had this card a few months now and I have to agree. The old style check payment is a little out there. But if you stay on top of it, you can rebuid your credit one step at a time. I agree with the others as well. Dont spend more than you can afford and make sure your payments get to first Progress by the due date. I use mine for gas only, 20-40 bucks a month and it makes my score rise slowly but surely. If for some reason I need to pay over the phone and pay that 10 dollar fee. It wont be more than 50 bucks and I wont get hit with a late fee or bad mark on my credit.

Jan 26 2021
Ruined my credit

Absolutely horrible, they don't accurately report your utilization rate. I have a 30% utilization and they reported a 59% utilization which dropped me 70 points

Jan 25 2021
Baffled

Sense I can’t pay the Bill for this and have to send in a check I will never use this card, how behind the times can a credit card company be? Not with the effort.

Jan 20 2021
Worst card ever!!

Only way to pay your bill is by either calling them, which is a EXTRA 10$ fee or send them a money order. Absolute junk!

Jan 18 2021
Really not worth it

I’ve had the card for 4 months and closed today. The customer service is very poor and less than helpful. The payment process is antiquated requiring a bill pay system or a fee to talk to customer service and even if you use your bill pay they may or may not credit it on the day they receive it. There are better cards and less stressful ways to build credit

Jan 04 2021
Regret is an understatement

There's no way to make a payment online. If you don't have or don't want to use bill pay then you have to either pay an additional $10 to have a rep do it, or mail in a payment. Last month I was told by a rep that I can send the payment through my local grocery store then call them to make sure they received it. I called them and they said that it can take up to 5 days to post. So since today is the due date I have to make a payment with them and pay the extra $10 to have them take a payment in addition to what I already paid....just to avoid a late fee. Thankfully this has pretty much paid my account off and I'm going to cancel. It didn't raise my FICO by much and I rather deal with the drop in score than this headache.

Great for building credit from scratch††