Great for building credit from scratch††

$49

3.2

Apr 28, 2018
It's good

If you want to build your credit this card will help soon as I got mine my score went up over 30 points before I even added the deposit on it to use and it is easy to make a payment to be on time you will need to go to like a western union or Walmart don't pay by check but if ur bank allows you to pay bills online for you then make sure its making the payments as debit not check....overall this card is very helpful and I recommend it to for anyone who has bad or no credit.....????????

Apr 16, 2017
WILL FIND ANY REASON TO CANCEL YOUR CARD

had this card for 4 months. i would use it everyday and pay it at the end of every week. then i sent my payment and i come to find out they closed it. no reason was given when i called. i dont know if im going to get my $400 back, or security deposit. dont waste your time, or lose your money like i did. SAVE YOURSELF!!

Sep 21, 2021
I couldn't tell you because I never got it and I p

I applied and I paid a fat deposit and can never get in touch with anyone and no one ever gets back with me about this card and it has been over a month now

Sep 16, 2021
Do they even report to TransUnion or Equifax???

No hard inquiry when I applied. Sent them $200 for a secured credit card and zero communication of my approval. Just had to pray that they would send me a card. There is no way to contact them after the initial application except snail mail. Their website offers no email or phone number.

Sep 14, 2021
Not a good card to have and difficult to pay bill

It's incredibly difficult to pay your bill and get it in on time. They only accept bank drafts or money orders. It's not like a regular card. They're stuck in 2002 with their payments. Second thing that makes this card useless is that it never will turn into a real credit card. It's always going to just be a secured line of credit. Talking with my credit repair expert, he said that's pretty useless in the long run, so I decided to cancel this card. It was nothing but a hassle the whole time I had it.

Sep 09, 2021
So far so good

I have no complaints so far! Thanks again….

Sep 04, 2021
Be Patient

Everything with this card is slow from getting the card, transactions showing on your balance and payments crediting your account. I would suggest this card not be your only card and should be one of a few. But since more than likely you need the card because of poor credit this card does help with that. I use the card every month and pay my balance in full. First getting the card once I paid my deposit I got my first bill before I got the card because they charge an annual fee on that first bill. Secondly the goal is to show good payment history on your credit report. So on time payments are a must and if you do carry a balance keep the usage rate below 30%. Third payments don’t post right away it make take a few days so check your account balance and available credit balance before using the card, they don’t have an app so you have to login from web browser. Next you want to make sure your payment is on time and shows on your credit report. So my due date is the 5th of the month. I also use online bill pay for this account and if you don’t use online bill pay it’s basically your bank sending them a mailed check. Since my due date is the 5th I stop using the card two weeks before the dude date. This gives the account time to process all pending transactions. Once transactions are cleared it takes about a week to process the payment. Even after they have the payment it still takes another few days for the balance so show you have available credit. You can pay using Western Union or Walmart but I don’t want to pay extra to pay my bill and I try to avoid going out as much as possible. That’s why you need more than 1 credit card because this one takes so long to progress. The card shows on all 3 credit bureaus just make sure to keep the balance low or pay in full and make payments before you due date

Aug 13, 2021
Great Card

I only had this card for a few months now, but it has come in very handy. I use it when I go grocery shopping or buy something online, gas station ect...

Jul 16, 2021
Ive paid the 200 and love this helped 100%

So I see a few bad reviews but listen I’ve told my whole family about this card even my children have it and we all pay our bill on time before due date and spend 20% of what we have credit and my credit was 420 now it’s 650 and it would have been higher except I applied for a home loan and they ran my credit about 7 times so it hurt me some but NEVER WAS IT THIS CARDS FAULT. Try it u won’t regret it if u follow this … always set up auto pay and know this if u don’t use it u don’t pay nothing a month. I didn’t know that I was paying like crazy they sent my money back to me bc I wasn’t spending it which also helped my credit!!! And then I began spending 20% I actually paid for Netflix for my kids and only pay that on it… I can’t complain I absolutely appreciate this card so very much without it I wouldn’t have capital one and a coupe other cards I didn’t have to put down to get… I’ll continue to keep this card… I’ve never had trouble getting threw to anyone like some customers said never I’ve called a few times to see bc I’ve read these reviews try it I promise y’all won’t regret as long as you pay on time and keep ur spending at 20% or lower…

Jul 09, 2021
Accomplished my Goal

I dont understand why anyone would write a negative review on this card. This card, company and every service representative that I have interacted with helped me ACCOMPLISH MY GOAL OF INCREASING MY CREDIT SCORE. My credit score was in the 400's when I first started in 2017 and now with the help of FIRST PROGRESS and their ENTIRE STAFF, I have a CREDIT SCORE IN THE HIGHEST 700'S. I have never experienced any PROBLEM AT ALL during my tenure with FIRST PROGRESS. I AM VERY PLEASED WITH THEIR SERVICE AND the OUTCOME OF WHAT MY INTENT WAS WHEN I FIRST APPLIED FOR THE CARD

Jul 09, 2021
Great card

Easy to qualify.safe to use.credit improved after just a few months.

Jun 21, 2021
Inaccurate and slow

I called to figure out why the card said it only had $100 available. I got a lofty explanation that didn't reflect the balance. After further pressing she said there was about 8 transactions still pending that I couldn't see on the website. Her answer was they're not open on the weekends. My podunk bank with only 3 locations is more up to date with accurate information.

Great for building credit from scratch††