3.7

Feb 23 2021
a few things

This was the first card I was able to get after my debt consolidation. It was a $500 limit but the interest was 30%. Very high, but expected. Eventually I had a $1,000 limit. took me a year and a half to pay for it. They were very helpful when the pandemic hit and offered to let me not make payment for 3 months, however i was lucky enough to make the payments. I paid them off last week. I looked yesterday to make sure it was a 0 balance and I seen $6.50 I wasn't sure what it was from since the other day it said $0. I called and was told it's the $4 monthly fee for having the card and 30% interest. I said "so I have have been being charged $4 a month for having the card" she said yes. I unfortunately cancelled the card. I have better things to do with $80 a month then just give it a way. I also asked to have my apr lowered and they wouldn't . It was good while it lasted but too much out of pocket

Oct 04 2020
Closed for inactivity without warning

Owned this card over 8 years but suddenly Closed for inactivity without warning.

All reviews

May 14 2021
It’s a good start

I can’t complain so far they seem to really want their customers to build stable credit it’s a company for profit I believe if I manage myself I’ll be fine they gave me 700$ credit others 300$ I’m good with them I’m putting other ones in my drawer.

May 13 2021
Would give 0

Applied with a outstanding rate for approval only to be denied. Won't be using them ever.

May 12 2021
Easy Approval

The CreditKaram said "your chance of approval is outstanding!" I applied with a 609 credit score. I have a number of accounts in collection all from over 5 years old. No new credit from 5 years ago until 12 months ago when I got a secured credit card $500 limit, then about 4 months ago I got a non-secured card $300. I have made all the payments on time. I also have a Kickoff loan thats about 4 months old ($2 a month payment just to show good payment history) all on-time payments and I got a Self account about 4 months ago with all on-time payments. I was approved with this card (Merrick Bank Double Your Line Platinum Visa) today for $700! Thank you CreditKarma!!!! And Merrick says that after 7 on-time payments my credit limit automatically increases to $1,400. I will try and update my review here in 7 months with info on how that went.

Mar 26 2021
High Interest

Great first card if you cant get anything else, pay it off every month before the interest hits, the monthly fee is 3 bucks on top of interest.

Mar 18 2021
Bartender

I'd give 0 stars but it wouldn't let me. I agree with several other reviews I've read on here. Ok, so I went through a bankruptcy recently. SO WHAT! I've applied for a car loan also only to waste my time as this one did. 90 percent Approval odds!? Maybe it should say Pre-approved for Denial! Thanks Alot!

Mar 03 2021
"Preapproved.... yet denied"

I agree with others on here, why indicate a preapproval with a 90% of acceptance yet deny me? Its so silly. Its really a gamble when you choose to apply. Whomp. Whomp.

Feb 23 2021
a few things

Dec 22 2020
Great Credit Card

Although it was my first and i since have others with reward points I will be faithful because they were faithful. My credit line increases with on time payments. It’s a good card

Nov 25 2020
What’s the point

Why waste someone’s time pre approve them for it to be denied how can I fix my credit if I can’t establish it not even given a chance don’t apply

Nov 13 2020
Merrick bank is very special I love my visa card

I love my platinum visa with merrick bank the customer service are great and the credit limit are special also the Dubble my credit limit after 7 months thanks to merrick bank I love my visa card I can use my card any where because it works like my heart I would recommend this visa to everyone who would love to rebuild there credit.thanks to merrick bank.