3.7

Mar 09, 2018
Excellent card for Fair Credit

Doubles your CL after first 3 on-time payments. That is a LOT faster than most cards! My initial CL was $750 @ 24% APR. $0 Annual fees. Got instant approval w 640 Vantage (640 Trans / 650 Equi, from scores here on CK). Card arrived 6 days after approval. Created login on their site, activated card, setup my alerts, autopay, requested ATM PIN etc, all super fast & easy. Got gas w the card, paid it off before statement date so no interest. Repeat 2 more times, bam......double CL to $1500. The Double CL does not take place instantly. But it will show up within 60 days of your 3rd on-time payment. Great card for quickly increasing your overall available Credit & decreasing your overall % of credit used (CU). My wife & I both apped & got approved on the same day. I will put it in rotation for a small purchase every 3-6 months to keep it active. Not an everyday card, still good to have.

Jun 06, 2021
No limit increase

first of all,I don't understand people low rating on this card only because their application got denied.Seems to me thats your issue with your credit files/score. I'm giving this card one star due to the fact that almost 2 years of heavy use and on time payment, no credit limit increase? If its refusing to grow with me I have no choice but cancel it

Aug 10, 2022
Awesome Card

Applied for the card back in November of 2021 And was instantly approved for a CL of 600 with a annual fee of 72 dollars which isn’t bad been having this card for almost a year and never had any issues are problem with the card itself recently had to dispute something and everything was resolved in a week and my credit score has increased by a lot I would definitely recommend this card to anyone

Aug 07, 2022
Still haven’t received my card

I applied July 17 2022 and was approved. I didn’t know I was approved until my credit karma account showed a new credit account had been opened showing a $75 balance. It’s now August 7th and I still haven’t received my card. And to make things worse, my Merrick bank account now shows a balance owed of $123. When I call them it connects me to some foreign call center where English is barely spoken. They say they can’t hear you and if you are transferred to another department be prepared to be on hold for hours at a time. No joke I was on hold for 1 hour and 40 minutes before I finally just hung up. I pray the card arrives soon and I can make use of it. So far though this whole experience has been a disaster.

Jul 30, 2022
Chance of approval outstanding credit karma

It showed chance of approval to be outstanding so I applied mind you I’m building my credit anyway I’m sure I got denied I did not get a instant approval but they took points from my credit. So I log back in to credit karma now it says my chance if approval is poor really??? You could have saved my credit score an my feelings by just telling me that to begin with

Jul 19, 2022
As promised

Approved right away, no annual fees and as promised they doubled my credit limit after several on time payments. 5 starts guys!

Jul 18, 2022
Awesomeness

Applied for the card on the 10th which was last Sunday. It's Monday the 18th and I have the card in hand. They will automatically double my CL on February 9th 2023 per their account Rep providing obviously a clean payment history with them. No annual fee. No set-up fee. No monthly fees. Very happy I took the recommendation from Credit Karma to apply for the card and I absolutely appreciate Merrick banks fast approval & delivery process. A+++++ Highly recommend.

Jul 13, 2022
Great Card

Applied and was approved for the Merrick Bank card. Had a fair rating. Was surprised but very happy that I was approved with a $1K credit line. I now have had less than a year and it was doubled to $2K. I have always paid my balance in full so, my suggestion whether paying monthly payment or paying the balance off, they will take good care of you. Love this card! Thank you Merrick Bank for taking a chance on me just months after I paid off my bankruptcy early. Highly recommend this card. Thank you as well to Credit Karma for suggesting this card even with a fair/poor chance of approval.

Jun 07, 2022
At your own risk

Made a payment 17 days in advance. It only took them 22 days to process it and then claimed I was late on my payment. Although I have proof that they took the money out, they claim it was late. Anybody looking for a credit card to rebuild their credit or a first credit card, keep looking. This is not it.

May 16, 2022
Why say EXCELLENT APPROVAL

Why tell me that was have EXCELLENT approval odds when it’s not so excellent?? Now my score is going to go even farther down!!!!

Apr 24, 2022
4 months in and no increase in credit line

It’s a good card. My credit has gone up from 540 to 642 and I’ve had it since January but the increase they said after 3 payments on time, isn’t true. I have to wait till September to get my increase

Apr 20, 2022
Grateful but frustrated

I am grateful for the line of credit & The Dispute Department has been better to deal with, BUT.......... Every person that I talked toa person in this company told me a different thing for each question that I had. I have been transferred, line disconnected, & talked to people that don't know how to do their job. The automated system prompts don't work correctly. Isaac could not answer my question about accrual. Delania in customer service left me on hold for a half-hour when I asked to talk to a supervisor. When I was transferred from a company phone number, I had to reverify my info??? I could hear people laughing and goofing off in your customer service call center. I am a new customer & the way I have been treated and the disorganization & incompetence have been a nightmare.