3.7

Mar 09, 2018
Excellent card for Fair Credit

Doubles your CL after first 3 on-time payments. That is a LOT faster than most cards! My initial CL was $750 @ 24% APR. $0 Annual fees. Got instant approval w 640 Vantage (640 Trans / 650 Equi, from scores here on CK). Card arrived 6 days after approval. Created login on their site, activated card, setup my alerts, autopay, requested ATM PIN etc, all super fast & easy. Got gas w the card, paid it off before statement date so no interest. Repeat 2 more times, bam......double CL to $1500. The Double CL does not take place instantly. But it will show up within 60 days of your 3rd on-time payment. Great card for quickly increasing your overall available Credit & decreasing your overall % of credit used (CU). My wife & I both apped & got approved on the same day. I will put it in rotation for a small purchase every 3-6 months to keep it active. Not an everyday card, still good to have.

Jun 06, 2021
No limit increase

first of all,I don't understand people low rating on this card only because their application got denied.Seems to me thats your issue with your credit files/score. I'm giving this card one star due to the fact that almost 2 years of heavy use and on time payment, no credit limit increase? If its refusing to grow with me I have no choice but cancel it

Sep 21, 2021
Never got anything

I had applied in August 29th and still have not heard back. It said my credit for this card was fair but now it says poor

Sep 20, 2021
No increase

I had this card 1 year with no increase

Sep 17, 2021
1K instant approval

I have applied for several other cards with only getting 500. to 700 limit. 1K instant! yes I will take it and double that with a few good payments... A+

Sep 15, 2021
As promised

I didn’t apply for this card but received an offer. It was for $1k limit no fees. I accepted. That was about 6 months ago. A few weeks ago, I was paying my bill, and my line had doubled. I’ve had no issues. I didn’t even pay in full each month. Probably half the time I do.

Sep 12, 2021
2yr 7mo

Just once I got a credit increase always on time and most of the time I pay the full amount $1,100 limit

Sep 09, 2021
Credit score of 546 and approved in 2 days

My approval was not automatic and I thought that I was denied. Than I went to Experian website around 4 days later and there was a new account with a credit limit of $ 700.00. It was Merrick Bank no security deposit with double credit limit in 6 months. Than monthly reviews with no additional hard/soft credit inquiries. My credit score was 546 (Experian) and now it is 566. Not a big increase but it helps. I have around 13 derogatory items and some will drop in the year 2025 and the rest in the year 2026. I paid my car off early (20 months early), but I was late on numerous occasions. And I use to have 2 credit cards with a total of $ 1500.00 (Fingerhut $ 1000.00 and a secured Visa $ 500.00). Now I have a Merrick credit card with NO SECURITY DEPOSIT. I am so happy and I intend to use this as a debit card. I have already gotten my card and pin number in the mail and customer service is 24/7. Nice people.

Sep 01, 2021
Said I had a Excellent chance

Excellent chance I only apply because it pop-up as outstanding chance will they denied me so messy up credit Karma would do that .im so mad

Aug 31, 2021
Outstanding to be approved yet denied

CK said I had OUTSTANDING odds of being approved yet was denied and have a big ol negative inquiry now. Thanks CK!

Aug 16, 2021
Worked to Re-Establish My Credit

I have had nothing but an overall positive experience with my Merrick bank card. Like many people I was sent the double your credit limit offer in the mail. Given that at the time they sent me the offer my credit was still questionable at best, it was a good option for me. Not only did they double my credit limit at the promised time that they said they would if I maintained my payments, but since I have maintained account in excellent condition they have increased my credit limit two more times. So yes it’s expensive but if you need a second (or third/fourth/etc) chance to re-establish your credit, it works. I’ve gone from having laughable credit to qualifying for other credit which is what I hoped for when I got this card.

Aug 13, 2021
NO NO NO

Do not get this card. If you are so much as 1 day late they will harass you to death. Then they will send you to collections, no questions asked if you miss one payment. And they don't send you to an agency, they send it to an Attorney who will immediately sue you in small claims. Oh I beat them silly in court cause I could show proof of payment before it should had gone that far but this company will not work with you at all.