With fair credit, you have many more credit card options than with poor credit. Finding credit cards for fair credit can be difficult since many credit cards don\'t tell you the credit requirements. If you apply for a credit card for poor credit, then you will end up paying higher interest and fees. If you apply for a credit card for excellent credit, then you run the risk of a decline and a credit inquiry which could lower your credit score. That is why we reviewed credit cards for fair credit and even shared the credit scores of past applicants - to help you find the best credit card. All of the reviews are free, and you can apply for the credit cards online instantly. Search All Credit Cards
Cards for Fair Credit (550-639)
Fair credit consumers are on the fence with most credit card issuers. Approvals tend to be based on your credit score and other factors such as income and credit card debt. If approved, most cards come with a small annual fee and a low credit limit. However small the credit limit, this is a great option if you have fair credit and can help you continue to improve your credit score.
- 0% intro APR on purchases until November 2014
- $0 Fraud Liability if your card is lost or stolen
- Enjoy MasterCard benefits, including 24-hour roadside assistance and extended warranty protection
- Pick an image for your card - choose the one shown here, any of the hundreds in our collection, or add your own
- 0% APR until November 2014 on purchases
- Annual fee
The Capital One Classic Platinum Credit Card is a smart choice for consumers who need credit, but don’t want to sacrifice quality of service to get it. With 0% introductory APR on all purchases until November 2014 and no transfer fee, this card offers great value for average credit consumers.
In addition to the low introductory rates and a reasonable annual fee of $39, cardholders can also set up text alerts to stay up-to-date on their account while continuing to build good credit.
All of these features, along with perks like 24-hour roadside assistance and extended warranty protection make the Capital One Classic Platinum a great option for those looking to establish or rebuild credit.
Credit Score Approval Data †
|614||Average credit score approved for this card †||557||Lowest credit score approved for this card †|
- 1% back on all gas purchases
- No limit to the gas rewards you can earn
- Rewards post to your account automatically each month
- Get pre-qualified without affecting your credit score
- Make your first six payments on time and get a credit line increase
- Keep an eye on your credit information with free online monthly credit score tracking
- Choose your card design from our premium gallery
- Email or text alerts to remind you when your payment is due
- Reports to the three major credit bureaus
- Builds credit history
- High interest rates
If you’re a fair credit consumer looking for a card to establish or rebuild credit, look no further than the Visa Platinum from Credit One Bank.
The Visa Platinum from Credit One Bank offers credit lines starting at $300, with automatic credit line increase reviews following and an annual fee that ranges from $35 to $75. The application process is easy, and consumers can even pre-qualify for a card without affecting their score. Cardholders can manage their account online 24/7, sign up for email and text alert notifications, as well as customize their card design with the Design My Card lab online.
In addition to all of these conveniences, cardholders can rest assured that Credit One Bank will provide monthly updates to all three major credit bureaus, making the Visa Platinum from Credit One Bank the perfect choice for establishing or rebuilding good credit.
Credit Score Approval Data †
|605||Average credit score approved for this card †||558||Lowest credit score approved for this card †|