These are some of the most popular credit cards from our partners. We've outlined some key features along with what to like and what to look out for. You can also search all credit cards on Credit Karma for more options.
Cards for Excellent Credit (720 or Higher)
With excellent credit, you can be a bit more selective when it comes to shopping for a credit card. It's important to choose a card based on how you plan to use it in order to save the most money or earn the most rewards. Below are our favorite credit cards for excellent credit offered by our credit card partners.
- Earn 40,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 90 days - that's enough to redeem for a $400 travel statement credit
- Earn 2X miles on all purchases
- Get 5% miles back to use toward your next redemption, every time you redeem
- Chip card technology, so paying for your purchases is more secure at chip-card terminals in the U.S. and abroad
- No foreign transaction fees on anything you buy while in another country
- 0% introductory APR for 12 months for each Balance Transfer made within 45 days of account opening. After that, a variable APR will apply, currently 16.24% or 20.24%, depending on your creditworthiness.
- Complimentary online FICO® Credit Score access for Barclaycard Arrival Cardmembers
Pros & Cons
- 40,000 bonus miles after spending $3,000 in the first 90 days
- 2x miles on all purchases
- 0% introductory APR on balance transfers for 12 months
- Requires good excellent credit
- High annual fee
- Balance transfer fee
The Barclaycard Arrival Plus™ World Elite MasterCard® is great for consumers with good to excellent credit who want to pile up travel rewards fast.
What to Like
Cardholders earn 2x miles on all credit card purchases. If you can budget out $3,000 in purchases for your first 90 days, you can earn 40,000 bonus miles too. The Barclaycard Arrival Plus™ World Elite MasterCard® also features a 0% introductory APR on balance transfers for 12 months within 45 days of account opening, a waived annual fee in the first year and no foreign transaction fees.
Look Out For
After the first year, cardholders pay an $89 annual fee, so that should be weighed against the benefits of any rewards earned. Cardholders also pay a 3% or $5 (whichever is greater) balance transfer fee.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 in travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named a 'Best Credit Card' for Travel Rewards by MONEY Magazine
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- $0 foreign transaction fees, plus chip-enabled for enhanced security and wider acceptance when used at a chip card reader
- 1:1 point transfer to leading frequent travel programs at full value - that means 1,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points equal 1,000 partner miles/points
- Travel and shop with confidence with premium Travel and Purchase Protection Benefits, including Trip Cancellation/Trip Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Purchase Protection and more
- Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $95
Pros & Cons
- 2 points for every dollar spent on travel and restaurants
- 20% off on travel purchases made using points
- No foreign transaction fee
- Requires excellent credit
- Annual fee after the first year
- No intro APRs
The Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card is a travel rewards card aimed at excellent credit consumers.
What to Like
Cardholders get 2 points for every dollar spent on travel and restaurants, and 1 point for every other dollar spent on purchases. The Chase Ultimate Rewards program offers a 20% discount on travel purchases made using points. The card also has no foreign transaction fee and offers a 50,000 point bonus if you spend $4,000 in the first 3 months.
What to Look For
After the first year, there’s a $95 annual fee. There’s no intro APR for purchases or balance transfers.
* See the online provider's credit card application for details about terms and conditions. Reasonable efforts are made to maintain accurate information. However all credit card information is presented without warranty. When you click on the "Apply Now" button, you can review the credit card terms and conditions on the provider's website.
† We look at how your credit profile compares to other Credit Karma members who were approved for this product. Of course, there’s no such thing as a sure thing, but knowing whether your Approval Odds are Very Good, Good, Fair or Poor may help you narrow down your choices.
‡ Average score refers to the arithmetic mean and typical low score to the 5th percentile of, in each case, available VantageScore 3.0 credit scores provided by TransUnion of Credit Karma members who were approved for this product from August 2015 through January 2016. Average and typical approved scores are provided as guidelines only and approval is not guaranteed. You can learn more about credit card approval through our in-depth article.