These are some of the most popular credit cards from our partners. We've outlined some key features along with what to like and what to look out for. You can also search all credit cards on Credit Karma for more options.
Cards for Excellent Credit (720 or Higher)
With excellent credit, you can be a bit more selective when it comes to shopping for a credit card. It's important to choose a card based on how you plan to use it in order to save the most money or earn the most rewards. Below are our favorite credit cards for excellent credit offered by our credit card partners.
- Get $100 back after you spend $1,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. You will receive $100 back in the form of a statement credit.
- Terms and restrictions apply.
- Earn Cash Back: 3% U.S. supermarkets up to $6,000 per year in purchases (then 1%), 2% U.S. gas stations & select U.S. dept stores, 1% other purchases. Terms and limitations apply.
- With the Blue Cash Everyday® Card, you can start earning cash back. No rotating reward categories. No enrollment required.
- Cash back is received in the form of Reward Dollars that can be redeemed as a statement credit. Cash back is earned only on eligible purchases.
- No annual fee. Plus, 0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for 15 months, then a variable rate, currently 12.99% to 21.99%, based on your creditworthiness and other factors.
- Visit our credit card partner’s site in order to learn more and securely apply for the Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express
Pros & Cons
- No annual fee
- 0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for 15 months
- Requires good to excellent credit
- High penalty APR
The Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express is a great card for getting cash back on everyday purchases.
What to Like
The Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express offers 3% cash back at U.S. supermarkets up to $6,000 (then 1%) , 2% at U.S. gas stations and select U.S. department stores and 1% cash back everywhere else. You can also earn a one-time, $100 bonus after spending $1,000 on eligible purchases in the first three months of membership. The card includes a 0% introductory APR for 15 months on purchases and balance transfers, as well as no annual fees.
Look Out For
This card has a high penalty APR that applies for at least six months after a late payment, so it’s important to stay on-time with your payments.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 in travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- $0 foreign transaction fees, plus chip-enabled for enhanced security and wider acceptance when used at a chip card reader
- 1:1 point transfer to leading frequent travel programs at full value - that means 1,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points equal 1,000 partner miles/points
- Travel and shop with confidence with premium Travel and Purchase Protection Benefits, including Trip Cancellation/Trip Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Purchase Protection and more
- 24/7 direct access to dedicated customer service specialists
- Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $95
Pros & Cons
- 2 points for every dollar spent on travel and restaurants
- 20% off on travel purchases made using points
- No foreign transaction fee
- Requires excellent credit
- Annual fee after the first year
- No intro APRs
The Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card is a travel rewards card aimed at excellent credit consumers.
What to Like
Cardholders get 2 points for every dollar spent on travel and restaurants, and 1 point for every other dollar spent on purchases. The Chase Ultimate Rewards program offers a 20% discount on travel purchases made using points. The card also has no foreign transaction fee and offers a 50,000 point bonus if you spend $4,000 in the first 3 months.
What to Look For
After the first year, there’s a $95 annual fee. There’s no intro APR for purchases or balance transfers.
* See the online provider's credit card application for details about terms and conditions. Reasonable efforts are made to maintain accurate information. However all credit card information is presented without warranty. When you click on the "Apply Now" button, you can review the credit card terms and conditions on the provider's website.
† We look at how your credit profile compares to other Credit Karma members who were approved for this product. Of course, there’s no such thing as a sure thing, but knowing whether your Approval Odds are Very Good, Good, Fair or Poor may help you narrow down your choices.
‡ Average score refers to the arithmetic mean and typical low score to the 5th percentile of, in each case, available VantageScore 3.0 credit scores provided by TransUnion of Credit Karma members who were approved for this product from May 2015 through October 2015. Average and typical approved scores are provided as guidelines only and approval is not guaranteed. You can learn more about credit card approval through our in-depth article.