These are some of the most popular credit cards from our partners. We've outlined some key features along with what to like and what to look out for. You can also search all credit cards on Credit Karma for more options.
Cards for Excellent Credit (720 or Higher)
With excellent credit, you can be a bit more selective when it comes to shopping for a credit card. It's important to choose a card based on how you plan to use it in order to save the most money or earn the most rewards. Below are our favorite credit cards for excellent credit offered by our credit card partners.
- Get $100 back after you spend $1,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. You will receive $100 back in the form of a statement credit.
- Terms and restrictions apply.
- Earn Cash Back: 3% U.S. supermarkets up to $6,000 per year in purchases (then 1%), 2% U.S. gas stations & select U.S. dept stores, 1% other purchases. Terms and limitations apply.
- With the Blue Cash Everyday® Card, you can start earning cash back. No rotating reward categories. No enrollment required.
- Cash back is received in the form of Reward Dollars that can be redeemed as a statement credit. Cash back is earned only on eligible purchases.
- No annual fee. Plus, 0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for 15 months, then a variable rate, currently 12.99% to 21.99%, based on your creditworthiness and other factors.
- Visit our credit card partner’s site in order to learn more and securely apply for the Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express
Pros & Cons
- No annual fee
- 0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for 15 months
- Requires good to excellent credit
- High penalty APR
The Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express is a great card for getting cash back on everyday purchases.
What to Like
The Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express offers 3% cash back at U.S. supermarkets up to $6,000 (then 1%) , 2% at U.S. gas stations and select U.S. department stores and 1% cash back everywhere else. You can also earn a one-time, $100 bonus after spending $1,000 on eligible purchases in the first three months of membership. The card includes a 0% introductory APR for 15 months on purchases and balance transfers, as well as no annual fees.
Look Out For
This card has a high penalty APR that applies for at least six months after a late payment, so it’s important to stay on-time with your payments.
- Named a Best Card for Cash Back by MONEY® Magazine
- Earn a $100 Bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening
- Earn a $25 Bonus after you add your first authorized user and make a purchase within this same 3-month period
- 0% Intro APR for 15 months on purchases and balance transfers. After the intro period, a variable APR of 13.99-22.99%
- Unlimited 1% Cash Back on every purchase
- 5% Total Cash Back on up to $1,500 in combined purchases in bonus categories each quarter
- You’ll enjoy new 5% categories every 3 months like Gas stations, Restaurants and Amazon.com. It’s free and easy to activate your bonus each quarter!
- No annual fee and rewards never expire as long as your account is open
Pros & Cons
- $100 cash back when you make $500 in purchases in first 3 months
- No annual fee
- Requires good credit
- Balance transfer and foreign transaction fees
With great rewards and more, Chase Freedom® is a well-rounded credit card for consumers with good to excellent credit. It’s also one of the most popular credit cards on Credit Karma.
What to Like
Chase Freedom®’s cash back program includes 1% cash back on every purchase, as well as 5% cash back in rotating bonus categories like gas or groceries. Cardholders can also get a $100 cash back bonus after making $500 in purchases in the first three months. The Chase Freedom® offers a 0% introductory APR on both purchases and balance transfers for the first 15 months.
Look Out For
This card features a 3% foreign transaction fee, a $5 or 3% (whichever is greater) balance transfer fee and a high penalty APR that can be triggered by missed or late payments. It's important to stay within your budget while aiming for that $100 cash back bonus.
* See the online provider's credit card application for details about terms and conditions. Reasonable efforts are made to maintain accurate information. However all credit card information is presented without warranty. When you click on the "Apply Now" button, you can review the credit card terms and conditions on the provider's website.
† Credit Karma estimates your Approval Odds by comparing your credit profile with data about other members who were approved for this product. Though Approval Odds do not guarantee approval, they can show you which products may be a better fit for you.
‡ Average score refers to the arithmetic mean and typical low score to the 5th percentile of, in each case, available VantageScore 3.0 credit scores provided by TransUnion of Credit Karma members who were approved for this product from March 2015 through August 2015. Average and typical approved scores are provided as guidelines only and approval is not guaranteed. You can learn more about credit card approval through our in-depth article.