Credit Card Reviews Advertiser Disclosure

David's Bridal® Credit Card

Oct 09, 2016
It's useful for a short moment.
mari200 Cardholder

It is good if you need to finance the dress, but make sure you can pay it off in the 6 month no interest promotional period.  There is no reason to keep it after you pay off your dress unless you're in several weddings.

Aug 25, 2016
Anonymous Cardholder

Card sucks... I was hit with the interest all at once cuz i didnt pay the total amount in 6 months

Aug 25, 2016
Not worth it.
Anonymous Cardholder

It’s a convenient service in the moment but the customer service is horrendous. If you looking for easiness and helpfulness after you buy your dress won’t get it with this company

Jul 26, 2016
Terrible Customer Service
Anonymous Cardholder

The David's Bridal credit card from Comenity Bank offers 6 months No Interest Financing on all purchases. I'm not sure where the confusion is in this regard (from reading other reviews) but that was made pretty plain to me (although I applied online, rather than speaking with someone in store) before I even applied for the card.

I have worked with retail financing before, and it is also very standard that if you make late payments or fail to pay off the entire promotional balance prior to the promotional balance expiring, you will be backcharged all of the interest--at the APR listed in the fine print (which is somewheer around 27%). While that APR is high, I believe you should pay close attention to details such as the APR prior to applying.

My personal experience turned sour when dealing with Comenity Bank. I had done the math myself and divided my entire balance into 6 so that I would be sure to pay the balance off prior to the expiration. In an effort to get a head start on that plan, I made my first payment prior to a statement even being issued.

However, I made an error--while entering my banking information, I entered my bank's routing # with my credit union's checking account #. The payment was obviously reversed. This was absolutely my mistake. I received a letter from Comenity notifying me that my payment had been rejected and that they were placing a 90-day hold on my available funds. This was not a big deal to me at the time because I was not planning on making any additional purchases.

So, I fixed the issue still prior to my first payment coming due, and my first statement/payment came and went without issue. But when my next statement came out, it indicated that I now owed a minimum payment twice that of my previous statement ($62). At this point, I called Comenity and spoke with a polite representative. She assured me that they would lift the hold on my account and that they had fixed my account so that I still only owed the regular minimum payment of $31 by June 12.

The next time I logged into my account, I noted that my account now indicated I actually owed $0 for that month, but that my available balance was now accurate. Nevertheless, I still made my minimum payment of $31 on June 8. I then logged back into my account on the 15th to make my second, not-required monthly payment (remember I am trying to pay the balance off prior to the 6 months), and noticed that I had a late fee of $27. At the time I was irritated but not sure I wanted to go through the trouble of explaining the whole situation to their customer service. I let it go and moved on.

A few days later, though, I attempted to make a purchase for my bridal accessories and my card was declined.

Frustrated, I called Comentiy once again. The customer service rep was again polite, if not a bit impatient. After several attempts to explain the situation (her indicating that I was supposed to pay $62 prior to June 12, and me insisting that I had been told I only needed to pay $31 by the due date), she placed me on a 5-7 minute hold to speak with her manager. Upon returning, she rather condescendingly insisted on "explaining their policies," which were that because I didn't make the payment on time, the late fee had applied, and because my account was so new it was very concerning to them that my first payment had been rejected and that they wouldn't be able to lift the hold.

I continued to explain the situation and that the previous customer serice rep (who had evidently not made any notes on my account) had assured me these issues were resolved, she asked me, "What exactly would you like me to do for you?"

Fair enough. I said I'd like to be able to use my card and that my June payment should not be considered late nor should I have to pay the late fee.

She then agreed to waive the late fee after very heavily emphasizing that this was a one-time courtesy only and that if I should make a late payment in the future (!?) they would not be able to help me. She also said that after the 90 days (!!) I would be able to use my card. Defeated, I agreed, thanked her and hung up.

Well, the 90 days should have expired 3 days ago. I just attempted to use my card to purchase my bridal accessories--and surprise, surprise--my card was declined.

In the end, the purchasing power this card provides, at no interest for 6 months, is really great. But if you ever have any kind of issue, do not expect it to be resolved easily.

Jun 02, 2016
Closed my account
Anonymous Cardholder

I called customer service and closed this account over the phone in 2014, paid in full. It's still showing on my credit report as open! I contacted Equifax, but David's Bridal is saying it was never closed.

Dec 01, 2015
Anonymous Cardholder

do not fool with these crooks. this is a rip off, please read the fine print if you use this 26% intrest card.

David's Bridal® Credit Card