Question

NYHipster

What credit card is best for a thin file?
I moved to the US 6 months ago and the only card I have is my boyfriend's which I am an authorized user. What are the best cards for building your credit report? I don't want a large amount of inquiries as I'm told that is not good for your report.

Most Helpful Response

Captial One, HSBC, and Public Savings are good options. The last one is a secured credit card but has almost guaranteed approval. 

6 months, dont bother trying for a decent unsecured card, get a secured card, like orchard bank then wait 12 months then apply for unsecured.

Apply for CapitalOne Card if your credit is bad (score <620).