Question

collie95

my score is 560. is there any CC I can possibly approve for? I have a Kohls one I've been using.
Colleen95

Most Helpful Response

Apply for a Capital One.  They will start you out with a $300 limit but if you make all of your first 5 payments on time they will increase in 6 months.  That's what I did and I have a $2300.00 limit in less than a year.  And my credit score has increased over 60 points..

You have to read the fine print.  There are alot of CC companies that will approve you but will charge you a insane $100-$200 annual fee.  I have turned down several, even after they sent me the card because of the crazy fees.  

I started with Fingerhut Fresh Start Now I have $ 1500 credit limit with them.  Since Fingerhut and Capital one I now have cards from Wal-Mart, Amazon, Bealls. Kohl's, Barclaycard Mastercard, Zales, Kays and Jared's.. Working hard to restore my credit..

One more piece of advise that will save you $$$. Wards, Stoneberry, Swiss Colony and any sister company to Stoneberry DOES NOT REPORT ANYTHING TO THE CREDIT BUREAU!!  So why pay their high prices when they don't report..

Hope this help!

Go for a secured Visa or Mastercard.  That is a good way to work on building a better credit score because these cards are pretty much universally accepted where a Kohl;s card is only valid at Kohl's. You have to deposit money with the card issuer and that is your credit limit, but it is a good start.  I did that and, over a period of time, have built an excellent credit score.

ekindred

My credit attorney Joe Camacho at White Jacobs and Associates is very against secured credit cards. He said it makes no sense to pay someone for a credit card while they make interest on the money paid and then charge you more high rate interest. He has awesome ways to build credit that will not do harm to the person like me trying so hard to build credit and he gives free consultations with no strings attached. 

I have a Stoneberry and Ginny's account and they report each month to my credit reports. They did hit my report with an inquiry when opening the account.