Question

rockiesfannow

How long should I wait after getting a secured credit card to apply for another credit card
Hi Everyone:

I am relatively new here and I am just beginning my credit building process. I went the route of getting a secured credit card from Capital One in August of 2016 and, as of today, with my on time payments and utilization of between 5% and 15%, my credit score is 673, both for TU & EQ. Experian is not listed on Capital One's CreditWise service for some reason. It seems as though my credit score goes up 6 points each month so I am projecting that, keeping the same pattern, my score should be as follows moving forward:

current: 673
february: 679
march: 685
april: 691
may: 697
june: 703
july: 709
august: 715

The question I have is what to do next as far as getting additional credit cards.

I have read from many sources that Capital One will start reviewing a secured credit card after month 6, but have not seen a consensus on whether or not they convert over a secured to a non secured and also raise the limit.

So it's a multiple part question and I appreciate any insights as to what I can expect in the coming months...

#1: Can I expect Capital One to review my account after month 6 and offer to switch to an unsecured card?

#2: If the answer to #1 is yes, will they also raise my limit based upon my good payment history?

#3: If the answer to #1 is no, will it be safe to apply for an unsecured credit card, either with Capital One, or with another company after month 6?

Thanks to everyone for their input.