Does the under 30% utilization advise apply to secured credit cards? Or just unsecured CC?
I applied and received a secured Bank of America Credit card because I do not have credit and I would one day like to get a secured card. I was following the "stay under 30% utilization" advise to increase my credit score. A $300 deposit means I have to not spend over $90. I spent that amount in like two or three days and I haven't used my secured credit card since I'm waiting until the next billing month. I called B of A to ask to increase my credit line, told them the reason and they told me that with a secured credit card I do have to worry about utilization ( but I have to keep it under my credit line). Is this true where I can in theory spend and pay off $300 a month and it won't hurt my credit score and it will increase?