2.3

May 13 2019
Great for building credit.

I highly recomend this card, it reports often and you can increase your credit line. Be responsible, and pay online, and it will help build your credit.

Jun 30 2019
NEVER WORKED WHEN I NEEDED IT MOST!!!

DROPPED MY CREDIT SCORE 87 POINTS FOR NONPAYMENT EVEN THOUGH I CLOSED ACCOUNT. STRANDED WITHOUT A CAR AT CAR RENTAL BUSINESSES MORE THAN ONCE IN CITIES AWAY FROM CALIFORNIA BECAUSE CARD NEVER FUNCTIONED AT ANY OF THESE TYPES OF PLACES. THERE'S NEVER A CUSTOMER SERVICE REP. AVAILABLE OUTSIDE THE HOURS OF 8-5 FROM MONDAY-FRIDAY.

May 22 2020
Proceed with Caution

I've had this card for less than a month and I'm already tired of it. When I was approved and promoted to submit my security deposit I was given an error message on several different occasions. Growing tired of the error message I decided I'd just go pay the deposit in store at one of the retailers as that was also an option. Fast forward and I had made the deposit, activated the card and used it. I made a payment using my bank account that already been confirmed and thought that would be that. A week after making the payment it had not yet reflected on the account due to a 10-day floating period. After seeing the payment had STILL not yet posted I called customer service. Once on the line, I was informed that my card had been restricted due to "lack of validation of ownership of the account" which simply wasn't true as I had already done so. I also hadn't "received" the alleged previous emails from Greendot stating that I needed to submit documentation again. I was then told that once the documentation was received it would AGAIN be another 10-day grace period before they could grant access to my account. BASICALLY customer service is horrible, communication is lacking and it's a headache. I have a recently opened Citi Bank secured card and it's been hassle-free. Payments made are reflected instantly and they don't play games about payments received, account ownership or try to get over on you. Customer service is quick, swift and effective. Stay away from this card if you can.

Apr 28 2020

Mar 26 2020
Own by Green Dot

I do not recommend anything own by Greendot they will take your money than freeze your account to verify who you are even after you had used the card for about a year. Not only that they will take out the monthly fees.

Mar 16 2020
Best card if you are responsible

Pay your bills on time, they do take 14 days ONLY if you pay by check. Use DEBIT CARD, for 24 hour post to your account (not checking) FYI

Mar 09 2020
DO NOT BOTHER

Min deposit and on top of that annual fee? Are you kidding? Is this a became a joke now?

Feb 27 2020
Read reviews!

57% Awful reviews! Read them more than half are very unhappy with this card!

Feb 27 2020

I went online to make a payment and it was difficult. I then after making a good size paymen got a email saying they WANTED ME TO MAIL THEM A CANCELLED OT VOIDED CHECK TO PROVE IT WAS MY CHECKING ACCOUNT!!! They didn't have a problem taking my $200 deposit but and PAYMENT Very stupid move and I do not recommend this card or company!!!

Feb 21 2020
So far not good

I just made my first payment with this card, and now they are wanting me to send verification in that it is my account that I paid from. What a HASSLE! I have had many credit cards in my life, but never have I been asked to do this before.

Oct 30 2019
Don???t get it! It???s the worst

Don?t get it! If you pay for their website they can hold you payment for up to 14 days. And won't give you access to the money you paid even though it comes out of your account. They have a site that they partner with it you can pay with your debit card but they charge a fee for it so they make money. So it's either don't have access to it for 14 days or pay fee and get access the next day or that day depending on when you pay. Worst customer service ever. When you call their side they don't give you very many options and so you just have to pick one and hopefully you can get an actual person and not a recording.?

Oct 23 2019
Better Options For Credit Building

Card activity takes from 5-7 days to post (purchases & payments). Only one payment allowed per 7 day period from last payment, which doesn't work for me as I sometimes need to make multiple payments in a week. Just not good enough for me, so I closed the account (it took two months to get my deposit back). Capital One's secured card has been a way better experience.