Credit Score
  • info This chart details the percent of cardholders that a credit score that currently falls within the given score ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average credit score across all holders of this card, every month, for the past year.
Credit Limit
  • info This chart details the percent of cardholders whose credit limit on this card currently falls within the given amount ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average credit limit of all holders of this card whose current credit score falls within the given score ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average credit limit of all holders of this card whose current age falls within the given age ranges.
  • info This chart details the percent of cardholders whose current balance on this card falls within the given amount ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average current balance for all holders of this card whose current credit score falls within the given score ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average current balance for all holders of this card whose current age falls within the given age ranges.
  • info This chart details the percent of cardholders whose current credit limit utilization for this card falls within the given utilization ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average credit limit utilization for all holders of this card whose current credit score falls within the given score ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average credit limit utilization for all holders of this card whose current age falls within the given age ranges.
60+ Days Past Due Status
  • info This chart displays the percent of holders of this card that were 60+ days past due for the given month for the past year.
  • info This chart displays the percent of holders of this card that are currently 60+ days past due and whose current credit score falls within the given score range.
Age of Cardholder
  • info This chart details the percent of cardholders whose current age falls within the given age ranges.
Sample Size: 412
Data Created: October 01, 2013

27 Cardholder Reviews

Results 1-10 of 27Results per page: 5 | 10 | 25Page 1 of 3   Previous | Next

GE Money Bank is an excellent Finance company they give you a second chance to establish credit. They gave me a second chance to reestablish credit I was with them almost a year before I lost my job and started having financial difficulties. They work with me to keep trying to pay but unfortunately I had to end up filing bankruptcy. So for anyone out depending on the card you apply for GE Money Bank is an ok bank. Dont believe everything you here.

Aug 11, 2011 Reply

the best bank around. gave me credit when no one else would. thank you GE.

navymom201's reply was:

Dec 02, 2012

navymom201(3, 7)

Review by navymom201

Ok Helpful to 1 out of 1 people

I have 5 GE accounts and there all easy for me to manage online I make my payments look at my statements and the credit limits on all accounts have grown so far so good with ge

ryans89's review was:

Sep 12, 2013 Reply

ryans89(2, 2)

Review by ryans89

gave credit when no one else would.have had no problems. thank you GE

navymom201's review was:

Dec 02, 2012 Reply

navymom201(3, 7)

Review by navymom201

Lol!! Yup, I bet they did. The sorry pieces of dirt gave my ex-husband a line of credit, except for it was in MY name, by use of MY ss#....You'd hope that these institutions would at least check a persons GENDER before granting them over a cool K's worth of $$$. Who's left filing reports with the police, and FTC??? Wel, it's certainly not him.

Halle123's reply was:

Jan 27, 2013

Halle123(2, 19)

Review by Halle123

GE Capital is an okay company to work with.  I will definitely agree that the customer service end of this company could use leaps and bounds of improvement, but on the whoel they are a corporate bank like any other.  If you make your payments on time (or a little extra) every month then no interest will be assessed and your credit rating will go up.  I have a GE account through Baer's Furniture located in Florida and there was only one time I called in to get a "late fee" removed from my bill.  I paid twice within the same billing period (I paid one day too early for my next billing cycle) and since it didn't show that I made a payment that month the following month there was a late fee assessed.  I was so ticked off, I called their "customer service" department which really should be re-named to their "Indian Department" since that was where I was calling and told them I wanted to speak to an American Representative immediately..I was re-routed to a guy in Missouri..what a blessing he was because the Indian guy I talked with (who I could barely understand) was rude and uncouth.  Just re-living that experience is getting me frustrated right now!  Other than that one experience they were fine.  Keep in mind that the average credit approval rating for this company is 650 and is made for rebuilding credit and you will be fine.

JuliaMcC0828's review was:

Aug 18, 2012 Reply

JuliaMcC0828(3, 8)

Review by JuliaMcC0828

I  have 3 GE accounts..Never have a problem with them.I pay all three accounts online every month.First one with RoomsToGo..Got a $ 2000.00 credit limit  back in Janurary..I got 12 months interest  free..Only owe $ 300.00 more on this account...Helped me to rebuild my credit  in no time.I get great service when I call them ..I always try to pay a little extra when paying ..That really helps to get it paid off early..Getting ready to buy more ...

verchoj123's review was:

May 05, 2012 Reply

verchoj123(2, 1)

Review by verchoj123

This is the worst company I have ever dealt with I paid over 7 years on a motorcycle using my Honda Card the payments went up and up and up I finally transfered the balance to my Discoveer account and waited and waited for the title after a month I called them and found out they do not release the title when the loan is paid off you have to request it what kind of BS is that for those of you trying to build credit this is the company for you if you have good credit stay away from these crooks Honda no longer uses this company to finance motorcycles wonder why??

Dec 08, 2011 Reply
Lowered my Limits on 2 of 3 Accts

I have 3 accounts with GE. Care Credit, Belk, and Old Navy. Low limits $1200, $500,$300. Nevere late never carried a balance past 3 months. They just decided to lower my limits based on my use of other accounts. Ridiculous! This could hurt my score because of Debt to Available.....bad for customers and I would stay away. Glad to have had the accounts thougjh.

mrmooda's review was:

Dec 12, 2013 Reply

mrmooda(1, 0)

Review by mrmooda

Bad at managing money????

One comment stated that if anyone had problems that they were bad at managing their funds.  Really.  That is the only explaination you can give?  Let me enlighten you!  In 2005 I had a Care Credit account through GE Money Bank.  It was up to date and fine when my husband and I decided to get a loan to consolidate all of our debt.  In june 2006 our bank Cut a check to them for the total amount owed ($1161.68).  In 2007 they posted it on my credit as a charge off and started trying to get the money from me again.  I faxed them all of the appropriate proof and was told it was taken care of.  Last week I was contacted by a collection agency trying to get me to pay this yet again.  I have made 13 calls to try and fix this and They tell me they sold the account and it is not their issue.  It is up to me to file a lengthy dispute.  I paid this account (which was in good standing) off early and look where it got me.  What a scam!   It has been 7 years of unacceptable customer service.

Nov 25, 2013 Reply
Bad at managing money????

Nov 25, 2013 Reply

LOVE THEM!

Nov 08, 2013 Reply
Results 1-10 of 27Results per page: 5 | 10 | 25Page 1 of 3   Previous | Next

Add Your Review Of GE Money Bank Credit Card

Cardholder Rating Distribution (27)

GE Money Bank is owned by General Electric, and provides consumer, merchant, and business financial services. As the world’s largest retailer finance program provider and a history in financial services that dates back seventy-seven years, GE Money services more than 130 million customers in fifty-five countries around the world.

GE Money Bank Credit Card