Credit Card Reviews

E*Trade Rewards Visa® Platinum Credit Card

5 Cardholder Reviews

Results 1-5 of 5Results per page: 5 | 10 | 25Page 1 of 1   Previous | Next

Etrade is yet another company that uses off-shore call-centers.  The customer service is terrible primarily because most of the time you can't undestand the associate.  If the credit card carries the same level of customer service that the investment accounts have then avoid getting this card.  Customer service was terrible and they have excessive fees for just about everything.  Look elsewhere for a card that will meet your needs and has good customer service associated with it.

whyone's review was:

Jul 23, 2012 Reply

whyone(15, 55)

Top Contributor

Review by whyone

Top Contributor

Great while it lasted

They just called to tell me they are discontinuing their credit card program. Too bad because I use it for auto-payment for a ton of accounts.  And I have online banking and brokerage with E*Trade as well.  I expect the whole operation is probably going out of business.

Oct 20, 2013 Reply
I like this card, but they are closing

I have had an ETrade Visa card for from 5 to 7 years.  However, I just got a phone call that ETrade is dropping their credit card service on November 15, 2013.  That is annoying since I have loads of monthly payments that are applied to this card automatically.  Now I need to move this all to another card.  Having an ETrade retirement account made accessing both these accounts with a single log in has been nice.

Oct 15, 2013 Reply
Terrible

Awful customer service. Do not sign up for this card. I had trouble finding the website for redeeming rewards for my card so I called in. I had to give out 10 minutes of personal information just to get a website URL and it didn't even work. The lady I was speaking with was very short and had no idea what she was doing. Save yourself the time and go with another card.

Jan 31, 2013 Reply

This card is nice because of convenience since my checking and brokerage accounts can all be seen at once at the sign on page.  Balances can be easily transferred from my checking where my direct deposited payroll checks are in my ETrade checking accts.  Basically, one stop shopping.  Since I pay my balances in full every month I can't comment about their current interest rate.   Their customer service is informative and helpful as well as courteous.

drewsworld's review was:

Feb 19, 2012 Reply

drewsworld(3, 0)

Review by drewsworld

Results 1-5 of 5Results per page: 5 | 10 | 25Page 1 of 1   Previous | Next

Add Your Review Of E*Trade Rewards Visa® Platinum Credit Card

Cardholder Rating Distribution (5)

E*trade Financial is a family of companies that provides financial services including brokerage, investing, banking, and lending for retail and institutional customers. E*Trade’s banking products include savings account, checking, and mortgages. E*Trade also provides smart banking features such as bill pay, direct deposit, online check images, free transfers from account to account, unlimited ATM fee refunds, as well as a rates table. E*Trade’s mortgage product currently features $1,000 off mortgage closing costs, plus low rates and fast approvals. E*Trade Financial is available nationwide online. Customer service is available online, over the phone with a network of customer service representatives and investment advisers, and in-person at twenty-eight E*Trade branches nationwide.

Founded in 1992, E*Trade Financial is headquartered in New York City, New York.

E*Trade Rewards Visa® Platinum Credit Card