Citi ThankYou® Preferred Card for College Students Reviews

Sep 25, 2018
Highest SL, lowest APR in my wallet
Quaker0ats Cardholder

Applied at 660 TU 651 EQ and 15 inquiries and exactly 1 year of history, 2 secured cards and 1 sub-prime card (Surge), and federal student loans. At my one year aniversary of credit history I suddenly had several 'good' approval odds on CK. Applied and was approved for Capital One Platinum $1k, applied for Chase Freedom Unlimited- denied, applied for Citi Thankyou Preferred- got the '7-10 days', applied Delta Gold Skymiles American Express- approved $1k. Waited 7 days, still no response from Citi. I called and spoke to a very nice and knowledgable man, named Daniel. He said the reason I hadn't gotten a response was that there had been a 'hiccup' in the system. I'm guessing it's because I had to choose the 'other' option because my college wasn't listed, but I never asked. He put me on hold while he 'straightened things out', periodically picking up and letting me know he was still there, still working on it. Anyone who's ever been on hold with a bank will know how comforting that is. It took probably about ten minutes, then he picked up and said "I'd like to be the first to congratulate you on being approved for the Citi Thankyou Prefered credit card with a $2,500 credit line". I was ECSTATIC, I was really just hoping to be approved for like $500. I had applied for several student cards like Capital One Journey and Discover student, and was denied over and over. I had started trying to get credit when I had recently turned 18, and obviously didn't understand how inquiries would affect my score. Hence, not being able to get a decent unsecured card until a year later. Will update in a few months.

Feb 25, 2019

3 months later I was give an increase to $3,500

Jul 31, 2018
Good Student Card
1boomer31 Cardholder

My credit score is around 670 and I got approved with a $500 credit limit. I was hoping for a little more, but it will help me pay my tuition throughout the year as it is a 0% APR card. Good card for any student that needs a little bit extra for school!

Aug 01, 2018

Is there no interest for every purchase for 7 months? Or what? I’m confused.

Oct 18, 2018

No way? You have a 670 and u got $500 CL. Hum no way..Let me guess credit karma told you you had a 670? If so that's why your limit low. Check your FICO score no your vantage score. Credit karma gives you your vantage score not your fico

Citi ThankYou® Preferred Card for College Students