2.3

Dec 04, 2013
So far, so good!

I've been using Serve for around a month now and I love it. I use my bank card to automatically load money with absolutely no fees. My husband and I use it as a special purchases type account, kind of like the envelope system but without cash. Haven't had any problems so far and intend on keeping this for awhile.

Jul 03, 2013
This card does not report credit

You cannot imporve your credit score by using this card as they do not report any of your activity to any of the main credit watchdogs. I have held this card for 6mths and it has done my score no good whatsoever, the customer service etc.. is good but if you want a prepaid card to improve your credit score this is not for you, it is not possible!

Jan 16, 2022
they don’t even deserve 1 start

I used my card for $57 on December 17th 2021. We are now on January 16th 2022 an they still have a hold on my money. They said it can take up to 30 days but when you ask why they just repeat themselves an won’t ever give you a solid answer.

Aug 14, 2020
Customer Service Sucks

Customer service is a joke. I have opened up a dispute and waiting for them to send their required form to my email so I can fill it out with the requested info. It has been 3 weeks and I have called over 14 times, asking them to send the form. They keep telling me that they will send it. WHEN??????? And when I press the issue - THEY HANG UP ON ME!

Mar 18, 2020
Fraud

App was easy got my card and set up sub- account. It encourages you you get direct deposit. Once direct deposit tried to go in they blocked it and the closed my account and told me I needed to get my money from the state. WTF. I can't wait till the class action wipes them out. I will be reporting them to BBB, Federal Trade Commission and my state's attorney general. I encourage others to do the same.

Mar 07, 2020
Scam!!!!!

Do not use this card unless you want your hard earned money stolen. I placed funds on this card from my account and in less than 24hrs they blocked my account. I no longer had access to MY OWN money. I called the customer service rep who was very rude and stated my account is not verified which it was. She stated they are closing my account due to fraud which is made up baloney. I said "thats fine, give me my money back". The rep stated they can not put funds back to my account which is bs. Then I received an email that my account is permenatly closed and my money gone. So this multi million dollar company just stole my money and I have no recourse. How on earth is this legal???

Nov 21, 2019
0 stars has several lawsuits,google it.

Rip off complaints all over the internet, several lawsuits. Most likely the worst debit card of all time.

Jul 29, 2019
Don't do it get a Chime card

they will close your account without explanation and block your calls as they did me 1 day before my direct deposit.

Jul 29, 2019

They will close your account without explanation and block you from calling them as they did me 1 day before my direct deposit.

Jul 13, 2019
No Issues

I've had this card for almost a year now and not had any issues. I sign into Serve and load money onto the card, spend money and repeat. I've only had to call customer service once due to being locked out and it was my fault for entering the wrong log in info too many times in a row. I'm not sure why others leaving reviews have had so many issues but this card has worked very well for me.

Jul 10, 2019
WORST COMPANY EVER.

I have had this card for a lil while without any issues then all if a sudden my account gets closed due to something they did on their end. I still had money in my account so I decided to call and I've spoken to a few people who all assured me I would receive a paper check in the amount of what I had left however, I never recieved my check. I was told it was sent out on the 24th of June and to wait 7-10 business days to receive it. On the 8th day I noticed I still haven't received my check and called the executive office and was then told it was sent out on the 26th of June and to call back after the 10th day. Today is the 10th day and I still have not received my check. I am very angry my account was closed so fast but i have to wait forever for my money that's not fair to me at all. No one seems to care all I keep hearing is wait well I'm tired of waiting I have Bill's to pay and a family with little children to feed I should not have to wait this long for my money. I will be posting on all social media and all sites so no one else has to go through what I am going through. I have to hear my children ask everyday Mom did your check come yet? And when I say no the next question is Mom what are we going to eat tonight with no money? I hate how this is effecting my children they have nothing to do with it I just want my money I will never use their services again and will make sure everyone knows why. I'm not the first person this happened to I read a few reviews about this same situation happening to others which is sad. I just want my check!!!!!!!!!

Apr 28, 2019
Avoid!

After successfully loading a large sum of money to my card today (Sunday, April 28, 2019), I then went to login to my account and was blocked. I called "customer care" who said my account was disabled, and needed to be reviewed by their compliance department, and I would receive an email from them in 1 to 2 business days. If there was a block on my account, why did AMEX allow the funds to be loaded! Terrible, unethical, NetSpend just got through a class action for the same reason! Avoid AMEX Serve at all costs!