Question

jusasking

How do you get the Amex 3x cli?
I was wondering if there are any suggestions of how to receive this cli from American express.

It never hurts to ASK!

If you want a credit limit increase on an existing card all you need to do is ask.  If you meet their criteria they may grant it. 

You want your score above 750 and a Utilization rate below 20%  with no missed payments in the last 7 years. Amex is notoriously stubborn and has very high standards for their cards.  I have an AMex card that had a $10000 limit and I asked for a limit increase,  I was denied. There reasoning was that "I didn't need any more credit" because i don't carry a balance on my cards. I recently got married and put a lot of the expenses on the card.  When the balance was up around $5k they sent me a letter raising my limit to $20K.  It wasn't until it looked like I would be owing them a lot of interest that they were actually interested in raising my limit.  Of course I liked the increase but I did a Balance Transfer for the total balance to a Zero % card to avoid the interest.

Also depends if the card lets you carry a balance, or if it's one you have to pay in full each month. They want to make sure your income can cover charges you make. There's a section on the Amex website which lets you add your financial  portfolio amount. I put this in, and then waited a couple months before applying for the Amex Everyday Preferred. I had the Costco card already with a $10k limit.  

I got the card with a $10k limit, and then they upped it to $14k within about 6 months without me asking.  I believe they also look at your spending habits and where your money is going. I've been doing a lot of home improvement.

just ask.

I was approved for a Amex Blue Preferred Card on Feb 4 with a 9K limit. Scores were ~720 and 710 at the time (I don't remember exactly). 

Read somewhere Amex will consider CLI's on the 61st day after account opening up to 3x. I applied online this morning (April 5) and was instantly approved for a 20k limit (11K increase). I've run about 7K through the card since opening the account and current balance as of this morning is about 1k.

Hope this helps.

Your credit score has to meet their criteria, which they do not broadcast.  My credit score is excellent but I was still denied for an AmX card.  Not a problem for me since I have several Visa and MasterCards in good standing and they are accepted anywhere.