Rewards rate

$0

4.3

Nov 25 2020
EZ Apply Process

I had gotten an offer from AMEX in the mail a week back and decided to give it a shot. My scores are above 735+ through my banks, CK & experian. I tried to apply through safari first but wouldn’t let me get past “look at terms” option so I decided to call. Talk to one lady get took all of my info and processed the app within 5 mins seem like. She couldn’t get approval right away so she connected me with another guy in the making decisions department I guess. He took some more information to just verify public records and after a quiet 45 seconds, I got an email saying I was approved before the guy could tell me. If I could give any advice it would be make all of your payments on time or even a couple days before your payment date. You’ll see it rise, just be patient. In 2016-2017 my credit was hovering around 500.

Feb 17 2020
Great First Business Card

Can't beat it for a starter business card! Amex definitely makes it easy!

Feb 05 2020
User friendly

You will never go wrong,

Dec 01 2019
Poor approval odds

With over 700+ credit score all across the board I did not qualify. I did qualify with other creditors. I'm not going to let this creditor ruin my credit potential with other lenders.

Aug 17 2019
I???m loving it

Great customer service , all works great ! 5 stars !

Jul 11 2019
Love the app

For those who do not know the app has special deals for you from different companies. I love it. Saved on my last trip to vegas. They should list the app as a top perk of owning this card. A+

May 31 2019
Love my card

I have never had a problem with Amex customer service. They've been thoroughly wonderful. I had a problem with a credit an airline promised me due to a flight cancellation. However, after I got home, the airline did not honor their promse nor did they refund my money. Amex's response? Don't worry about it. We will credit you and deal with the airline on your behalf. Have three Amex cards and would apply for anohter one in a heartbeat.

Feb 19 2019
Love it so far!

First time getting a credit card from outside my bank and American Express makes it easy.

Nov 15 2018
Everyday rewards

2% is great for basic/everyday spending when there isn't a higher rewards category available.

Aug 16 2018
Wish i had NOT opened this account.

I have a good credit score (750s). American Express would only approve me for $2,000 credit limit. When i specifically explained i wanted around $4,000 to do a balance transfer. So, i applied and then found out i couoldn't not roll over the amount of money I wanted to. So i rolled over 1,500 because that's all that they would allow. Also, having that card 80% full has really caused i dip in my credit score. I called discover and asked about a balance transfer I was approved for a much higher amount immediately after speaking to American Express. Citibank and Discover are better options in my opinion.

Rewards rate