3.3

Oct 28, 2017
BGR: For legit business owners

Generous sign-up bonus. Exclusive perks. No pre-set spending limit. Outstanding customer service. This card is a great business card for those who don't need the perks of the Platinum. Savvy business owners should be aware of the terms and conditions of this card. If you want to carry balances, this card is not for you. If you want to try to game the system, this is not for you. Remember that this is a business charge card, and cardmembers are held to different standards than those for personal cards. Use this card as intended, plan a strategy for maximum points, and reap the benefits of a seasoned relationship with AmEx.

Feb 25, 2015
Don't let the marketing fool you!

First and foremost, I am either a partner or President of at least three companies. ?We signed up for AMEX for a couple of reasons. ?The first is their guarantee to be able to support small business needs and the other is the no spending limit they market. ?As a note, my employee's have either platinum or gold cards. First, the company does not adequately support all small business(s) and if your in the business of developing and manufacturing product, then AMEX is NOT the card for you. ? ? Let me explain. ?The whole marketing effort around not spending limits is a deceptive to say the least. ?First, AMEX is not really a business card, its a personal card because they don't use your company finances to determine your credit worthiness which determines your spending limit along with averaging spending patterns. ?So, if you company makes $500K + per year, it doesn't matter! ?If your salary is 100K then your card limit is based on that regardless how how big your company grows. ?Second, AMEX absolutely has spending limits and they are extremely low. ?The reality is they don't appear to care if your are a customer or not and being a customer for more than 2 years doesn't make one bit of difference. ? It surely does not help you in any way, which is so different for my other bank accounts where I was offered "private banking" and other services. ?Requesting an increase is like pulling teeth. So how does this related to a manufacturing business? ?Its quite simple; first, spending patterns and personal income determine your limit. ?They take an average your spending pattern over a period of time. ?We'll anyone who manufactures and runs a solid business would know that manufacturing runs are not consistent but periodic and typically grow an average 10-20% per run. ?So by year 1.5 - 2, our AMEX card became worthless and could only be used for basic office supplies and some travel, which is GOOD for amex because manufacturing pays 2-3 times points (could this be intentional). ?Our company has outstanding revenues yet my card spending limit is based on what I report for income.... Hum! ?What happened to the AMEX that used to be! ?In my perspective, the new AMEX is about money. ?It does not appear concern around customer loyalty and retention. ?Don't fall for the generalized marketing perks, such as point, they don't add up to what you think they will. ?We spend over 200K per year on AMEX and our points add up to a few plane tickets.

Sep 06, 2021
They charge you manual fee without using a card!!!

It’s said no limit of usage but felt so embarrassed when I purchased the item and I couldn’t get it!!!

Jul 23, 2021
Gas station

I apply for American Express

Nov 18, 2020

Because this good for Credit

Apr 11, 2020
Love this card !!

The annual fee does not matter, you are practically only spending $30/month on the fee because of $100 annual fee credit and $120 dining credit ($10/month) for a list of places. Amazing card with GREAT perks! Customer service and app management beats any, don't think twice !

Nov 11, 2019
Love this card

I've had this card for going on almost two years, never had an issue with it, the balance is paid every month, not sure it has helped my credit score too much but either way I keep it for the convenience.

Feb 27, 2019
"Excellent"

Amex sent me an offer through my Blue Magnet Card. I applied and got approved with "Pay Over Time Limit of $15,000 and only $250 Annuel Fee and Not $295. I look forward to taking advantage of those sweet points and benefits.

Oct 28, 2017
BGR: For legit business owners

Jun 29, 2017
Very bad customer Service

I called American Express to ask if i could make a charge of certain amount, and i simply got transferred 6 times and the call took about an half hour to simply get this answered? ? I have other cards from Chase and this question would take them less than a minute to answer? ? Best regards Simon?

Jun 28, 2017
As close to perfect as it can be

I'm sure individual cases are varies, just like some of the other reviewer's experiences are, however my experience has been nothing but good with Amex, every time I want to charge some large amount, I always check first ( a day before, not longer than that ) and always got approved and the transaction always went smoothly, one of the larger purchase I used is a down payment for a car at a dealership and it went through no problem, paid it off at the end of the month and rack the points up, well worth the annual fees.

Apr 03, 2016

dont let this card get in your bussines. it very poor customer service. also rhey go in to your personal finance to determin your spend limit. very poor customer service