Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Business Credit Card from American Express Reviews

Feb 06, 2017
SLindsey07 Cardholder

So far I have no complaints with this card. Yes, the fee is a little steep, but the fact that I can pay for lounge access at a reduced rate without having to be flying business (or with someone flying business) is a nice perk, plus there is one free companion voucher per year, so my husband or son can join me for a trip for "free". Personally, I have been super happy with AMEX and the partner offers that have easily saved me the annual fee's worth of money on items I would have purchased anyway.

Jan 19, 2017
MISLEADING TERMS, BONUS, BENES.
FNinja08 Cardholder

This is NOT an American Express Platinum card...not even close:

- The Welcome Bonus is misleading and takes at least 6-8 weeks to take effect. Make sure you read the fine detail (if you can find it.)

- Only 5,000 of the bonus miles are MQMs which count toward Delta Elite status. The rest can only be used on Delta merchandising or donated to charity.  It turned out that this card didn't benefit me at all.

- When I called the number on the card, the woman didn't understand the benefits of the card. I was transfered three times before someone could answer me.

- Sky high interest rate. Membership fee of $195 seems rediculous considering I don't carry a balance.

- Despite being branded as a Platinum American Express, this card DOES NOT entitle you to enter the Delta Sky Club Lounges or ANY elite airport lounge.  (Centurion is a far better lounge anyway.)

- I have platinum Visa cards with better benefits (minus the delta tie in), a much lower rate, and NO yearly fee.  Why would someone want this card if it doesn't provide them with more than $200 worth of benefits?

- It's possible that this card allows lower FICO scores to get credit. I don't know.

I should have visited this site before I applied!  I would be better off with the Platinum Amex standard card and I intend to close this one as soon as I can get someone on the phone.

Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Business Credit Card from American Express