Question

GameWithRules

AMEX blacklist?
I read a comment here recently that indicated if you have ever had an Amex card go to collection, you will never qualify for an Amex card ever again even after the collection drops off your report. I had an Amex Green go to collections in the mid 80s. Now Credit Karma tells me I have a 'very good' change of being approved for the Blue Cash Everyday Amex card and the Amex Everyday card but I don't know what the risk is ... i don't want to risk getting declined and getting a credit score hit. Advice appreciated...

Most Helpful Response

Amex has amazing customer service.  I would advise calling in and asking them directly.  They will be able to tell you without doing any type of credit pulls.  I know once you get blacklisted from Amex you won't ever get a card again but usually that is from Manufactured Spending or doing something pretty shady that hurts them financially, I am unsure if going to collections gets you on that list or not.