A low interest credit card could help save you money on monthly payments. A low interest credit card is generally a good fit for someone who carries a balance from month to month. Some low interest credit cards come with a 0% introductory rate while others have a low, ongoing rate. However, remember that these cards generally require a good to excellent credit rating for approval. These are some of the most popular low interest credit cards from Credit Karma's partners.
- We'll DOUBLE all the cash back you've earned at the end of your first year. So if you earned $101 cash back, we'll double it to $202 - Automatically. Only for new cardmembers.*
- 2% cash back at restaurants and gas stations on up to $1,000 in combined purchases every quarter - no sign - ups needed.* 1% cash back on all your other purchases.
- 0% intro APR* on purchases & balance transfers for 12 months - then a variable purchase APR applies, currently 11.24% - 23.24%. A 3% fee applies to each transferred balance.
- Freeze ItSM on/off switch lets you prevent new purchases, cash advances & balance transfers on misplaced cards in seconds by mobile app & online.* Plus get 100% U.S.-based service.
- Track your recent FICO® Credit Scores for free in one easy-to-read chart on monthly statements & online.*
- No annual fee.* No overlimit fee. No foreign transaction fee. No late fee on first late payment & paying late won't raise your APR.*
- Each Discover purchase is monitored. If it's unusual, you're alerted by e-mail, phone or text and you're never responsible for unauthorized purchases on your Discover card.
- Click "Apply Now". *See rates, rewards, FICO® Credit Score terms & other information.
Pros & Cons
- 2% cash back at gas stations and restaurants
- No annual or foreign transaction fees
- 0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for 12 months
- Need good to excellent credit
- Balance transfer fee
Discover it® Chrome offers both low interest rates and cash back rewards, making it an attractive choice for people with good to excellent credit.
What to Like
Discover it® Chrome offers 2% cash back on up to $1,000 at gas stations and restaurants and 1% cash back for purchases everywhere else. Discover will also automatically double all the cash back you’ve earned at the end of your first year. Like many other Discover cards, there’s no annual fee, foreign transaction fee or penalty APR. There’s also a 0% introductory APR on purchases and balance transfers for the first 12 months.
Look Out For
Every balance transfer comes with a 3% fee. Cash back at 2% is attractive, but the Discover it® Chrome doesn’t come with the 5% cash back rates in rotating categories that some other Discover it® cards for good or excellent credit include.
- Chase Slate named "Best Credit Card for Balance Transfers" three years in a row by MONEY Magazine
- $0 Introductory balance transfer fee for transfers made during the first 60 days
- 0% Introductory APR for 15 months on purchases and balance transfers
- Free Monthly FICO® Score and Credit Dashboard
- No Penalty APR - Paying late won't raise your interest rate (APR). All other account pricing and terms apply
- $0 Annual Fee
Pros & Cons
- 0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for 15 months
- No annual fee
- No Penalty APR
- Must make balance transfer in the first 60 days to avoid fee
- Foreign transaction fees
Chase Slate® is a great option for consumers looking to transfer balances or take advantage of low introductory purchase rates.
What to Like
Chase Slate® offers a 0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for 15 months. With no balance transfer fee for the first 60 days after opening an account, consumers can save money when transferring a large balance. Chase Slate® also features no Penalty APR for missed payments.
Look Out For
After the first 60 days the balance transfer fee is 3% of the amount transferred or $5, whichever is greater, so you’ll want to get your transfers in early. There’s also a 3% fee on each foreign transaction.
Additional Low Interest Rate Credit Cards
- 2X points on purchases for gas, groceries and utilities
- 1X points on all other purchases
- No annual fee
- Points don't expire as long as account is open, active and in good standing
- No limits on the number of points you can earn or redeem
- Starting at 1,000 points for $10, points can be redeemed for statement credits and gift cards
- Chip card technology, so paying for your purchases is more secure at chip-card terminals in the U.S. and abroad
- $0 Fraud Liability on unauthorized charges
- Earn a $150 Bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening
- Earn a $25 Bonus after you add your first authorized user and make a purchase within this same 3 - month period
- 0% Intro APR for 15 months on purchases and balance transfers. After the intro period, a variable APR of 14.24% - 23.24%
- Earn 5% cash back on up to $1,500 in combined purchases in bonus categories each quarter you activate
- Enjoy new 5% categories every 3 months like Gas Stations, Restaurants, and Select Grocery Stores
- Unlimited 1% cash back on all other purchases - it’s automatic
- Cash Back rewards never expire as long as your account is open
- No annual fee
- Earn 10,000 Membership Reward® points after you use your new Card to make $1,000 in purchases within the first 3 months.
- Terms and limitations apply.
- Earn 20% more points: Make 20 or more purchases with your Card in a billing period and get 20% extra points on those purchases less returns and credits. Terms and limitations apply.
- 2x points at US supermarkets, on up to $6,000 per year in purchases (then 1x); 1x points on other purchases. Terms and limitations apply.
- You can use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points to pay for all or part of your flight, hotel booked and paid in advance, vacation or cruise booking.
- No annual fee. Plus, 0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for 15 months, then a variable rate, currently 13.24% to 22.24%, based on your creditworthiness and other factors.
- Visit our credit card partner’s site in order to learn more and securely apply for The Amex EveryDay® Credit Card from American Express
* See the online Provider's credit card application for details about terms and conditions. Reasonable efforts are made to maintain accurate information. However all credit card information is presented without warranty. When you click on the "Apply Now" button, you can review the credit card terms and conditions on the provider's website.
† We look at how your credit profile compares to other Credit Karma members who were approved for this product. Of course, there’s no such thing as a sure thing, but knowing whether your Approval Odds are Very Good, Good, Fair or Poor may help you narrow down your choices.