3.3
from Credit Karma members in the last year

Jun 07 2016
""""TRULY YOUR ONLY CREDIT FRIEND"""

Ive just hit my 10 year anniversary with capital one on may 23rd 2016. Wow time go by so fast. I clearly remember my credit score 10 years ago at 520. They gave me a 200.00 unsecured capital one classic. I still have the card...lol. What i just want to share with the world tonight is Capital one is not a perfect bank, all banks have there flaws, high apr, unnecessary charges and high annual fee. Capital one is the reason i can get a car off the showroom floor with 0 down. I have 6 accounts with capital one. I live in california and they only have a cafe in santa monica ca. I will say that CAPITAL ONE GIVES SECOND CHANCES AND POST BK APPLUCANTS. Thats just awesome, We honestly need to stop and say wait a minute..no annual fee, its unsecured, and im on the 5 step credit program. Today my credit line is 50k with a score of 805. And it all started with a bank that said yes to me when everyone said no. IM IN FOREVER DEBT TO YOU CAPITAL ONE. THANK U.

Jun 29 2018
No reason for lowering credit limit.

I have had this card for 14 years with a $30,000 annual credit limit.? Unfortunately, I pay the balance in full every 30 days.? I received an e-mail that my credit limit has been lowered to $10,000 because I do not use it enough!? Well, I do use it a lot, but I pay the balance in full every month.? I can use home equity if I need more credit for a large purchase, but this makes no sense.? I want to find another card that will not do this, if any exists.

Apr 03 2020
HORRIBLE

As we are all in a Crisis with COVID-19, Most of us are struggling to make ends meet, Well I cant say that for myself, I work two Jobs and both are "Essential" Jobs, I work for UPS and Publix Supermarkets, I have been a bit overwhelmed this past few weeks working CRAZY hours at both jobs and over worked that I simply for to pay my C.C. Bill come April 1st, So first thing this morning i paid it upon realizing a LATE FEE of 30 dollars, REALLY CAPITOL ONE.......Thought you were "THAT" company the helps people, Ive had this card for about 3 years and Never missed a payment up till Now.......Why can you be like Discover where there is NO, NEVER, NOPE, ZERO LATE FEES........Im considering looking for another card that has a bit more Heart!!!!

Mar 15 2020
If you pay your balances off every month

The interest rate on this card is high, however, if you pay your balances off every month it is nice to take advantage of the rewards program.

Mar 13 2020
Garbage

My secured card is better than this card. My account was on hold for two weeks for making a payment and they couldnt verify my bank. Next i made another payment and they help my account for 7 days. Told me i couldnt use the funds. President declared national emergency and still held on to my funds. As far as im concerned f"** capital one. They lucky if i dont sue. I payed them with all i had. My kids were hungry had to borrow money to feed them. After these people told me my payment would post within in 24hrs. They lie to you to get your money. Think twice about a card with them.

Mar 12 2020
Never again! ????

When I applied about 2 years ago they gave me $500 limit and that's after they ask me for my taxes for proof of income, I emailed them back with my IRS documents showing 256k annual income. 6 months later they raised my limit to $750 Which is even more insulting. My FICO is 755 & I pay my mortgage 2 up to 4 times a month. And of course they know when you cancel any of your credit cards you will lose lots of points for at least 6 months. For cashback do yourself a favor and get Citi double cash on all purchases ???????? ,,, and for shopping and dining points hands down ((American Express platinum) They will start you with a very good limit and you feel will the cashback.

Mar 12 2020
Good for people starting to build their

of course the interest rate will be high so i dont recommend using this card for a long time after youve built the credit needed to get approved for better cards and interest rates. They dont offer you the opportunity to get a lower interest rate once youve proven yourself. You would need to apply again to get a whole new interest rate. I started off with a $300 credit limit and have built that to $3800. they can raise the amount of the limit but not lower my interest rate which to me doesnt seem right. i pay my bill at the end of the month but as far as using credit, now that i am in a financially sound part of my life, i will be stepping away from using credit entirely. If you need a card this will due in a pinch but i wouldnt recommend getting any card if you dont have the funds to cover the entire balance of whats available.

Mar 08 2020
So far so food

So far so good on month 4 and earnest 50 dollars in rewards. I'll update if limit increase in 2 months

Mar 02 2020
$99/yr -- fee charged monthly

I received a fairly high interest rate although I have fair credit... plus an annual fee. If you have other cheaper credit card options available, I would not recommend this credit card. Not happy...

Feb 28 2020
High APR and low credit line.

Have this card for almost 2 years now. Started with $200 CL, 4 months later went to $500 CL and been stuck in that ever since. plus a $39 anual fee. Have never, never, never been late and have always paid over the minimum and paid it off once too. I dont close it because i will hurt my score bad.?

Feb 25 2020
?

Applied with a TR of 617 but I'm nervous cause their doing a 7-10 business day before making their decision. Does that usually mean it's denied? I was told to send photo of ID and ssn

Feb 18 2020

I initially applied for the $1000 credit limit used it for almost a year making all payments. No late fees I was bumped up to $2500 A couple months after first applying. I got an email last week saying my card has been suspended. I called and asked why? They said due to an error or my income to debt ratio was off.... ? I was like are they just dropping me because they aren't making any money off of me?? Makes no sense. They gave me the answer twice on the phone "A detailed letter will tell you why" still haven't got that letter. Just baffles me that they would do that. That sounds like something they would do if someone DIDNT pay their credit card back....????