Capital One® Quicksilver® Cash Rewards Credit Card Reviews

Cardholders' Choice i

• Balance Transfer Intro APR 0%* for 9 months
  • Purchase Intro APR 0%* for 9 months

Our Take

The Capital One® Quicksilver® Cash Rewards Credit Card offers appealing cash back terms to consumers with good to excellent credit.

What to Like

The Capital One® Quicksilver® Cash Rewards Credit Card includes 1.5% cash back on all purchases. There’s no limit or expiration date on the cash back rewards you earn for the life of the account, and no annual or foreign transaction fees. The card also includes a 0% intro APR on both purchases and balance transfers for 9 months.

Look Out For

Each balance transfer comes with a 3% fee.

May 20, 2017
Awesome Card!!
Creditrebuilding Cardholder

I applied for this card a few weeks ago after Credit karma said that my approval odds were, "very good".

My Credit Karma scores were - Transunion - 685 and Equifax – 683.
After applying, I received a notification that my application would need further review.  I immediately thought that this meant that I’d been declined. My hopes were down, I experienced that few hours of depression that you get when you think you’ve been rejected.

The next day I received a phone call from a rep at Capital one. She said that my application was flagged for further review because they needed to make sure that it was me that submitted the application.  After confirming that I did submit the request, she pushed my application forward.

A few days later I received an email stating that my new card was on the way!!! When I received it, I found out that they started me off with a credit line of $3,000. I was so excited, as my other card from Cap1 is a secured card that had a credit line of $500.  Moral of the story is, just because your application needs further review, this is not necessarily a bad thing. Capital One has been amazing since I received my first card from them a few years ago.  If credit Karma says that your approval odds are, “very good” for this card, go ahead and apply. You never know, they may start you off with an even higher credit line than I did. Thanks for taking the time out to read my review!

May 26, 2017
Great until fraud occurs
CT0 Cardholder

I've had this card for several years. Always paid on time, happy with everything until it got compromised due to a fraudulent attempt this weekend. Thankfully with the Capital One Wallet app, I caught it right away and locked my card. I called in to get it closed and replaced. When the new card arrived, a sticker on the front read that it was already activated- that was new/different than ususal, but I shrugged it off and put it in my wallet.

Unfortunately, when I went to use it the next day, it was declining. I logged in online and it said my new credit card account was locked and I needed to call the fraud team. Very strange, since I thought the fraud was handled and this was a new card. I called in, and they told me my credit card address was flagged as "bad" and I needed to provide my driver's license scanned back-to-front, proof of residence, and my social security card scanned to get the hold removed. Wait, what? Why should I have to do any such thing after being a recent victim of fraud? What made even less sense was that the address the fraud team flagged as "bad" is the same one I do all my Capital One banking at, where my credit card has been registered for months, and where they shipped the new card. And if they genuinely felt my address was even potentially "bad" or "fraudulent" (both suggestions are logically absurd), why would you bother to ship the new card here?! That above all else shows clearly, the issue is rigid customer service, not my actual consumer safety from fraud. To me, it sounds like a computer algorithm flagged something erroneously, and a human needs to take the extra step to apply the logic at hand to remove that flag for a loyal, paying customer. No such thing at Capital One "fraud protection" services!

When I tried to explain all this to the rep, I was pretty much ignored. I needed to give them all the aforementioned information, and that was the only solution to a problem I didn't create. No option to escalate to a manger who could help out, no application of basic logic (why suddenly flag this address out of the blue? Why not just call the banking side of operations and cross reference that my address is the same across accounts and settle it that way?). I was so fed up being ignored by the rep, I thanked them and ended the call, and tried calling in again to hope that a human would answer this time. Same roadblock reasoning! The computer is the be all end all. They have no interest in doing their job (customer service), just ticking off whether they got all the information required to clear the flag.

So I'm done with it- the new card can stay on hold, and I'm moving on from QuickSilver. Capital One has enough of my information, and if this is how they treat a loyal, paying customer when fraud occurs, then I'll take my credit card business somewhere that can handle it right. Don't make a customer twice the victim in the name of "security" (again, so secure you shipped the card here). Use your heads, and train a team equipped to provide actual customer service, insted of blindly following an auto prompt. If you can't, at least develop a protocol or route for things to get escalated to a manager than can help.

Sep 18, 2017
Anonymous Cardholder

Slow to give increases!!!

Sep 19, 2017

Enter Your Reply

Sep 20, 2017

You have to wait a 6 month period for an increase. Patience, just keep using it, paying it off. I started with a $300 limit and by my 11 statement my limit was auto increased to over 3K.
BUT!... If you just opened it you can request a CRI, they will most likely give you anywhere from $100-$500. After that you have to wait for your 6th statement for another CLI.

Great
Anonymous Cardholder

Rebuilding my credit after filling bankruptcy and read the reviews. The reviews turned out to be true. They sent me a letter to call when I did they verified my address and then I got a $10k credit card in the mail. Would like more reawards but the card is useful.

Sep 12, 2017
Ok
Anonymous Cardholder

I paid my card on the day it was due and it was around 8.07pm and i got a late because it was after 8 p.m .so ur due date isnt true ...so i got kicked off there automatic credit increases and another time there app was down so i called right away the next morning and i got the run around so now if i want a credit increase its hard to get

Sep 15, 2017

that be capital one .. for you .. never again ..

Sep 15, 2017

Well if the cutoff time is 8pm, pay before 8pm. Are you a Clinton that thinks/expects rules dont apply to you? Be more responsible, and accept responsibility for your actions. That said, Capital One does forgive the late payment fee if you call by the following day and its a one time thing ONLY.

Sep 15, 2017

And making the payment a few days or a week in advance would help. The app being down is no excuse, you can pay on the website or over the phone as well. BS excuses, you got to be a millennial democrat, place blame everywhere else but yourself.

Sep 20, 2017

This why people have jacked up credit. You have 28 days to pay prior to your due date. Or a 45 day loan from date to date with grace.

So you can't say it was a pay day issue even if you get paid once a month. Capital One lets you pick your due date. This was totally irresponsible. It's time to grow up and pay your bills on time and stop blaming everyone else for your negligence. Maybe a credit card is not for you because you just don't get how to use it? You still don't get it even with all the Credit Karma instructions and suggestions. Take a credit management class. Own up.

Capital One has been a great company to so many people because they are serious about rebuilding their credit because it's important to them. So if it's important to you, you would have paid earlier and more than the minimum amount. #Karma

Sep 21, 2017

Very well said askme1too. I hate and have no patience for ıdiots like the person who left the original review. I get paid once a month yet have ZERO 30/60/90s. No derogatories & have 20+ open accounts in good standing. My scores are all near 800 today. Like many here, when i was young/dumb I ruined my credit, the past 2 years I've worked hard, took it very serious to bring those scores up. And it has worked very well for me, now I have 50K+ credit line. I have helped countless people here sharing what worked for me, and I troll the dummies as well. Anyway... I will never abuse my credit ever again. And judging by the thumbs down my coments have, I see several here have the same mentality as the original reviewer and hate, can't handle the truth or accept responsibility for dumb choices they've made.

Sep 21, 2017

No, inoa05, people are thumbs downing your comments because they're disrespectful, unlike askme1too, which portrays tough luck and hard truths for the OP to take into account.

You can educate/inform others without bashing or insinuating they are democrats/millennial/stupid rather just simply uneducated enough about how credit works (MOST PEOPLE WITH JACKED UP CREDIT) bad management of accounts and spending, or lack of of serious intentions of having good-excellent credit.

Many people can insinuate by your comments that your probably a racist, misogynistic trump supporter, but that can be far from the truth. I will say, many trump supporters are PROUD TROLLS on the internet though and that's okay, but your approach needs to be better.

I've gained a lot of knowledge from people on credit karma and even if you were right, I wouldn't take your advice because I'm so stuck on the nasty way you've presented yourself and your knowledge. Ew.

Please do better, you can probably help someone. I know you have a heart somewhere, I'm sure you've learned how to fix your credit by reading reviews and asking questions so be informative and helpful ONLY.

Sep 21, 2017

csun10, how is it I'm a racist, misogynistic? I'm actually a hispanic female. Libs throw those titles around so loose & frequent the words racist... have lost significance.
I will not cover everything on your reply but.. I'm not asking you to follow my advice, and I could care less if you do/don't. I've never heard of you or seen you here before, you know absolutely nothing about me so your opinion of me.. me po paso por donde no me da el sol.

Sep 21, 2017

inoa!!! i lost your number but just wanted to say thanks! i followed your advice and i was approved for a quickslver world elite 10K cl and a amex 26k cl

Sep 12, 2017
Ok
Sks1965 Cardholder

I paid my card on the day it was due and it was around 8.07pm and i got a late because it was after 8 p.m .so ur die date isnt true

Sep 16, 2017

yes it date due is correct you paid after 8 pm so its your fault for paying it after 8 pm learn by your mistakes :P and Pay Attention next time or pay it 3 - 4 days early cause it takes 2 -3 days to update your account

Sep 11, 2017
For rebuilding credit, not bad.
Walker9499 Cardholder

I have an annual fee of $39 and they gave me a $2000 credit limit. I use it to pay my gas once a week. My score was 699 when I got approved.

Sep 17, 2017

If you have an anual fee, you don't have the Quicksilver. Maybe the Quicksilver One.

Aug 31, 2017
only useful for building credit
Blezerker Cardholder

No useful benefits other than the 1.5% cashback which CANNOT be direct deposited OR mailed by a check (only statement credit or gift cards). Customer service is okay.

Sep 05, 2017

That's incorrect, I've had a check sent out.

Sep 08, 2017

I was employed for Capital One, you can definitely request a check. Just need to call in for it

Best Cap 1 Card so far
Snoopy6986 Cardholder

I started out with the "Journey" card because I travel and it is flexible in the Philippines.  The points were ok, no big thing really.  When I called to inquire about my Cap 1 Platinum if there was a rewards program I can use with the 2nd card the Customer Service rep told me "Oh wow, you have no rewards but surely you qualify for Quicksilver rewards program".  I was like sure anything is better than nothing right?  So he transfered me to member services rewards department, and this guy did one even better.  Offered me to jump from my Journey card rewards program to Quicksilver also.  So now I have 2 Quicksilver cards lol.  I didn't even apply for it.  They offered it to me simply by me inquiring.

Honestly people, pay off your card every 2 - 3 weeks BEFORE its due.  Use the card for EVERYTHING.  Keep your debit card clean and dusty.  I cannot say this card is the best compared to others.  But so far its the best for Cap One.  And I am waiting on my Experian to go up before applying for AMEX.  692 Trans | 680 Equifax and that is WITH a Bankruptcy on my file.  (Even when you're married never co-sign medical debt.. just dont do it).

Aug 29, 2017

Very Awesome Card to help rebuild credit. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!!!!

Good starter card
meathammer386 Cardholder

Opened june 17th with 300$ its now August 28 and i asked for ctedit increase though the CO app and they bumped me up to 400$ only 100$ increase but hey thats cool

Sep 16, 2017

your credit must suck then

CASH BACK!!!
n2deep333 Cardholder

NOT A BAD CARD TO HAVE WHEN YOU REALLY NEED TO GET BY OR JUST TO GO OUT AND GET YOURSELF SOMETHING NICE, I USE FOR EVERYTHING TRYING TO SEE WHAT I'LL USE THE CASH BACK FOR NEXT!!! THE 10K CL  DIDN'T HURT EITHER.

Credit Score
Credit Limit
60+ Days Past Due Status
Age of Cardholder

Sample Size: 964
Data Created: February 02, 2015

Note: Sample data consists of Credit Karma members who hold this card.

Capital One® Quicksilver® Cash Rewards Credit Card