4.0

Jun 07, 2016
""""TRULY YOUR ONLY CREDIT FRIEND"""

Ive just hit my 10 year anniversary with capital one on may 23rd 2016. Wow time go by so fast. I clearly remember my credit score 10 years ago at 520. They gave me a 200.00 unsecured capital one classic. I still have the card...lol. What i just want to share with the world tonight is Capital one is not a perfect bank, all banks have there flaws, high apr, unnecessary charges and high annual fee. Capital one is the reason i can get a car off the showroom floor with 0 down. I have 6 accounts with capital one. I live in california and they only have a cafe in santa monica ca. I will say that CAPITAL ONE GIVES SECOND CHANCES AND POST BK APPLUCANTS. Thats just awesome, We honestly need to stop and say wait a minute..no annual fee, its unsecured, and im on the 5 step credit program. Today my credit line is 50k with a score of 805. And it all started with a bank that said yes to me when everyone said no. IM IN FOREVER DEBT TO YOU CAPITAL ONE. THANK U.

May 26, 2017
Great until fraud occurs

I've had this card for several years. Always paid on time, happy with everything until it got compromised due to a fraudulent attempt this weekend. Thankfully with the Capital One Wallet app, I caught it right away and locked my card. I called in to get it closed and replaced. When the new card arrived, a sticker on the front read that it was already activated- that was new/different than ususal, but I shrugged it off and put it in my wallet. Unfortunately, when I went to use it the next day, it was declining. I logged in online and it said my new credit card account was locked and I needed to call the fraud team. Very strange, since I thought the fraud was handled and this was a new card. I called in, and they told me my credit card address was flagged as "bad" and I needed to provide my driver's license scanned back-to-front, proof of residence, and my social security card scanned to get the hold removed. Wait, what? Why should I have to do any such thing after being a recent victim of fraud? What made even less sense was that the address the fraud team flagged as "bad" is the same one I do all my Capital One banking at, where my credit card has been registered for months, and where they shipped the new card. And if they genuinely felt my address was even potentially "bad" or "fraudulent" (both suggestions are logically absurd), why would you bother to ship the new card here?! That above all else shows clearly, the issue is rigid customer service, not my actual consumer safety from fraud. To me, it sounds like a computer algorithm flagged something erroneously, and a human needs to take the extra step to apply the logic at hand to remove that flag for a loyal, paying customer. No such thing at Capital One "fraud protection" services! When I tried to explain all this to the rep, I was pretty much ignored. I needed to give them all the aforementioned information, and that was the only solution to a problem I didn't create. No option to escalate to a manger who could help out, no application of basic logic (why suddenly flag this address out of the blue? Why not just call the banking side of operations and cross reference that my address is the same across accounts and settle it that way?). I was so fed up being ignored by the rep, I thanked them and ended the call, and tried calling in again to hope that a human would answer this time. Same roadblock reasoning! The computer is the be all end all. They have no interest in doing their job (customer service), just ticking off whether they got all the information required to clear the flag. So I'm done with it- the new card can stay on hold, and I'm moving on from QuickSilver. Capital One has enough of my information, and if this is how they treat a loyal, paying customer when fraud occurs, then I'll take my credit card business somewhere that can handle it right. Don't make a customer twice the victim in the name of "security" (again, so secure you shipped the card here). Use your heads, and train a team equipped to provide actual customer service, insted of blindly following an auto prompt. If you can't, at least develop a protocol or route for things to get escalated to a manager than can help.

May 04, 2022
Low credit limit/high interest

After a few years I requested a credit limit increase, they said I haven't used enough of my existing credit limit. I have auto pay for my dish TV with this card and pay it in full every month and get a few bucks rewards. I don't recommend capitol one unless you are desperate, Discover, Apple card and others are way better than capitol one.

Feb 07, 2022
Need it

Haven't had it

Dec 23, 2021
One year anniversary

I'm at the one year mark with QS. I started with the secured card and regretfully I closed it when I got the QS. I have learned a lot about credit since then being with C1. I didn't actually have terrible credit but it improved 70 points since having C1 cards. I never needed to borrow money hence I didn't think I needed credit. My auto insurance bill has improved immensely now that I have good credit and have faithfully paid my bill 100% each month. My credit limit was raised last spring and it's really easy for me to use minimal credit or pay as I go. I hope to be with QS and C1 for a long time.

Nov 02, 2021
So far so good

I just applied today as I was pre-approved (I was pre-approved due to the fact that I have another card with them). I have Trans Union-636 Experian-657. Equifax-722. I was approved for 1,000 my second card and highest amount! I love capital one!

Oct 01, 2021
Approved with 619 FICO8

Approved for $500 with fair credit scores!!! YAYYYY!!! Going to request a limit increase next month, Capital One gives out increases like candy. Super excited. 619 Transunion 622 Equifax 654 Experian

Aug 18, 2021
Great Card

I've had this card now for 4 1/2 years. I have received 2 credit increases. When I make a payment through the app it instantly updates my available credit. I make my payments on time every month. I was approved on Credit Karma with fair odds when I applied. I started out with the secured Platinum Card and moved to this one and haven't had a complaint.

Jul 24, 2021
A very good credit card with Rewards

The absolute only reason why I give this a 4-star is because there is a $39 annual fee but other than that I think it's a really good card because there's rewards with it and also after 6 months you can possibly get a credit line increase when you make on-time payments

Apr 18, 2021
Good card

Here's the thing here people, as i will try to write you an as honest review as possible. I just applied for, and was approved for this card. The credit limit is low ($300) and the interest rate is high (26%). But the thing is I was approved for an unsecured card needing no down payment. My score IS low (FICO 603) but that's the point. As I am trying to repair my history in the position I am in I cannot be choosy, or complain that the rate is too high or the limit is too low. Thats for people who really don't understand where they are at and probably would misuse it anyway. So I am happy to have a card where I can prove my worthiness and if I do that, all those things will come. I will use this card once a month and keep it in my lock box so I don't mess around with it.

Apr 14, 2021
Wrost credit card and the company service

I applied for a new credit card " Capital One Quick Silver" with good credit history, good on-time payments and I'm a old customer as well. But I got worst credit limit and I spoke with the customer service agents about this situation and explined about the things but they didn't gave right answers and they are rude about to give right explanations. I finally decided not to stay/ keep with this credit card company Capital One and the customer agents said if you don't like it, you may close your accounts. And more over, I don't want to give not even 1 star here because their is no start not less than 1

Feb 14, 2021
The worst Credit Card EVER!!!

The worst credit card I have ever owned. They charge annual fee of $39.99 plus interest within the FIRST YEAR. I applied because they said no annual fee within the first year and THEY STILL CHARGED ANNUAl FEE PLUS INTEREST. I even paid my balance in FUL and was still charged interest. NEVER GETTING A CAPITAL ONE CARD EVER AGAIN