4.0

Jun 07, 2016
""""TRULY YOUR ONLY CREDIT FRIEND"""

Ive just hit my 10 year anniversary with capital one on may 23rd 2016. Wow time go by so fast. I clearly remember my credit score 10 years ago at 520. They gave me a 200.00 unsecured capital one classic. I still have the card...lol. What i just want to share with the world tonight is Capital one is not a perfect bank, all banks have there flaws, high apr, unnecessary charges and high annual fee. Capital one is the reason i can get a car off the showroom floor with 0 down. I have 6 accounts with capital one. I live in california and they only have a cafe in santa monica ca. I will say that CAPITAL ONE GIVES SECOND CHANCES AND POST BK APPLUCANTS. Thats just awesome, We honestly need to stop and say wait a minute..no annual fee, its unsecured, and im on the 5 step credit program. Today my credit line is 50k with a score of 805. And it all started with a bank that said yes to me when everyone said no. IM IN FOREVER DEBT TO YOU CAPITAL ONE. THANK U.

May 26, 2017
Great until fraud occurs

I've had this card for several years. Always paid on time, happy with everything until it got compromised due to a fraudulent attempt this weekend. Thankfully with the Capital One Wallet app, I caught it right away and locked my card. I called in to get it closed and replaced. When the new card arrived, a sticker on the front read that it was already activated- that was new/different than ususal, but I shrugged it off and put it in my wallet. Unfortunately, when I went to use it the next day, it was declining. I logged in online and it said my new credit card account was locked and I needed to call the fraud team. Very strange, since I thought the fraud was handled and this was a new card. I called in, and they told me my credit card address was flagged as "bad" and I needed to provide my driver's license scanned back-to-front, proof of residence, and my social security card scanned to get the hold removed. Wait, what? Why should I have to do any such thing after being a recent victim of fraud? What made even less sense was that the address the fraud team flagged as "bad" is the same one I do all my Capital One banking at, where my credit card has been registered for months, and where they shipped the new card. And if they genuinely felt my address was even potentially "bad" or "fraudulent" (both suggestions are logically absurd), why would you bother to ship the new card here?! That above all else shows clearly, the issue is rigid customer service, not my actual consumer safety from fraud. To me, it sounds like a computer algorithm flagged something erroneously, and a human needs to take the extra step to apply the logic at hand to remove that flag for a loyal, paying customer. No such thing at Capital One "fraud protection" services! When I tried to explain all this to the rep, I was pretty much ignored. I needed to give them all the aforementioned information, and that was the only solution to a problem I didn't create. No option to escalate to a manger who could help out, no application of basic logic (why suddenly flag this address out of the blue? Why not just call the banking side of operations and cross reference that my address is the same across accounts and settle it that way?). I was so fed up being ignored by the rep, I thanked them and ended the call, and tried calling in again to hope that a human would answer this time. Same roadblock reasoning! The computer is the be all end all. They have no interest in doing their job (customer service), just ticking off whether they got all the information required to clear the flag. So I'm done with it- the new card can stay on hold, and I'm moving on from QuickSilver. Capital One has enough of my information, and if this is how they treat a loyal, paying customer when fraud occurs, then I'll take my credit card business somewhere that can handle it right. Don't make a customer twice the victim in the name of "security" (again, so secure you shipped the card here). Use your heads, and train a team equipped to provide actual customer service, insted of blindly following an auto prompt. If you can't, at least develop a protocol or route for things to get escalated to a manager than can help.

Sep 12, 2022
Horrible

Applied and make well above the income divided by 12 months being higher than the $500 a month more than my mortage payment. But was still denied after it said my likelihood of being applied was high. Obviously not if I didn't get approved when I make well above the amount, they stated was the minimum income needed.....

Sep 07, 2022
Great card to have!!

I've had this card for about a month now... I have no complaints. Even when I've had questions or concerns, customer service has helped me right away!!

Aug 24, 2022
Great Cash Back

I had a score around 600, and was approved for a $2000 credit limit. I also got the $200 cash back bonus after spending $500.

Aug 13, 2022
with fair chance of approval- I got it!

I was approved for $1000 but Capital One did adjust the terms. No 0% APR or welcome bonus was included but it was approved quickly online. Immediately after I was approved I was able to add my new acct to my active acct on the app. I've had a Capital One card for 20 years and still prefer this creditor. They have a great app, customer service easy to contact, and post pmts immediately. They have always raised my credit limit periodically without me pouring in a request. Definitely get this card, You will not regret it! (Also don't confuse Capital One with Credit One- they are not the same company and you will regret the mix up)

Aug 03, 2022
Absolutely Insulted by Credit Offerings

DO NOT GET THIS CARD. I have been a Capital One card user for 3 years and I only received one credit line increase by $200 - my limit is now at $500. I have a six figure salary and find it insulting that I do not have a higher limit with my excellent credit score. The customer support service - and don’t get me started on getting in contact with a human, it took me 25 minutes to actually speak with someone - told me that the only way to get an increase would be to make an inquiry that would affect my score. I am completely confused as to why I have to make a request for a higher credit line, but I didn’t have to take any action to be approved for an upgraded card. I have credit lines that are thousands of dollars, and I am disappointed that the card I have had the longest has denied me of a higher line of credit. I was advised not to get this card but I tried it out anyway. It’s obvious to say that I would never recommend this card to anyone I know.

Aug 03, 2022
WORST CREDIT CARD I OWN

I got this 4 years ago for the 5% cash back at Walmart rewards. They have my credit limit at $1450 lol I pay in full each month zero late payments & zero derogatory marks and zero hard inquiries I have 3 other credit cards all with $10,000 credit lines OR HIGHER yet Capitol one once me to beg to increase my $1,450 credit line hahah Using the Capitol One card to buy my groceries takes my combined utilization score from 9% over 4 cards to 50-60% and then they take up to 60 days to report I paid my balance in full. Then I have to speak to a non English call center teenager in another country to explain to me I will get a letter in 30 days to see if I am approved or declined for a credit line increase NO THANK YOU CAPITOL ONE! THIS IS THE WORST CREDIT CARD I HAVE EVER OWNED-.STAY AWAY UNLESS YOU ARE NEW AND WANT A $200 SECURED CARD BUT FOR ME IT IS AN INSULT! IF CLOSING THE ACCOUNT WOULD NOT DECREASE MY SCORE I WOULD BURN THIS CARD AND NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY AGAIN JUST AWFUL!!!

Jul 31, 2022
I have LAME in my wallet

High interest, low limit, score is 800+, had card for 7 years. Worthless. My Amex right out of the gate was 8 points lower, and 15k additional limit. Go pound sand, CrapOne.

May 04, 2022
Low credit limit/high interest

After a few years I requested a credit limit increase, they said I haven't used enough of my existing credit limit. I have auto pay for my dish TV with this card and pay it in full every month and get a few bucks rewards. I don't recommend capitol one unless you are desperate, Discover, Apple card and others are way better than capitol one.

Feb 07, 2022
Need it

Haven't had it

Dec 23, 2021
One year anniversary

I'm at the one year mark with QS. I started with the secured card and regretfully I closed it when I got the QS. I have learned a lot about credit since then being with C1. I didn't actually have terrible credit but it improved 70 points since having C1 cards. I never needed to borrow money hence I didn't think I needed credit. My auto insurance bill has improved immensely now that I have good credit and have faithfully paid my bill 100% each month. My credit limit was raised last spring and it's really easy for me to use minimal credit or pay as I go. I hope to be with QS and C1 for a long time.