Credit Card Reviews Advertiser Disclosure

Cardholders' Choice i

• Balance Transfer Intro APR 0%* for 9 months
  • Purchase Intro APR 0%* for 9 months

Our Take

The Capital One® Quicksilver® Cash Rewards Credit Card offers appealing cash back terms to consumers with good to excellent credit.

What to Like

The Capital One® Quicksilver® Cash Rewards Credit Card includes 1.5% cash back on all purchases. There’s no limit or expiration date on the cash back rewards you earn, and no annual or foreign transaction fees. The card also includes a 0% intro APR on both purchases and balance transfers for 9 months.

Look Out For

Each balance transfer comes with a 3% fee.

Jun 07, 2016
""""TRULY YOUR ONLY CREDIT FRIEND"""
Jmh523 Cardholder

Ive just hit my 10 year anniversary with capital one on may 23rd 2016. Wow time go by so fast. I clearly remember my credit score 10 years ago at 520. They gave me a 200.00 unsecured capital one classic. I still have the card...lol. What i just want to share with the world tonight is Capital one is not a perfect bank, all banks have there flaws, high apr, unnecessary charges and high annual fee. Capital one is the reason i can get a car off the showroom floor with 0 down. I have 6 accounts with capital one. I live in california and they only have a cafe in santa monica ca. I will say that CAPITAL ONE GIVES SECOND CHANCES AND POST BK APPLUCANTS. Thats just awesome, We honestly need to stop and say wait a minute..no annual fee, its unsecured, and im on the 5 step credit program. Today my credit line is 50k with a score of 805. And it all started with a bank that said yes to me when everyone said no. IM IN FOREVER DEBT TO YOU CAPITAL ONE. THANK U.

Oct 11, 2016
Beware of customer service
Anonymous Cardholder

The card itself is a great card to own, but beware of the bad customer service they have, whenever I needed help with their support in the past couple years since I got the card, I got nothing but bad experience, their customer support Representatives think they own you and they refused to give you any further information or help other than reading the screen in front of them, and the nicer you are to them, the more attitude you get from them. Overall I recommend the card, but don't expect much from their support.

Hassle free Credit Card
samansb Cardholder

I use it as a second card. It is rather hassle-free and you just need to set it up for auto pay balance and use and forget. I had a different CC with them but they switched me to this card automatically, no complaint since now I get cash back and before I was not. For some reason, I still pay an annual fee.

ryan25r9 Cardholder

Capital One has been fantastic. I have a 5k limit on the Capital One Platinum and was instantly approved for 2.5k on the Quicksilver card. 1.5% cash back with no hassle and no foreign fees is great. Highly recommend.

Jan 13, 2017
Not the best
Anonymous Cardholder

Calling in is a joke. While, customer service reps are nice, they cannot help. You get transferred around through the automated services or are instructed to fax in your requests, disputes, etc. Even if it's something very basic and simple that have been accomplished over the phone with other companies.There is no real human help with Capitol One. Discover on the other hand..... :)

Jan 12, 2017
I Love This Card
LyteRaine Cardholder

I applied for my first purchase card about 8 years ago with a credit score at 501. I didn't have credit so I needed a way to build credit. This was the first step. Fast forward, I have three accounts with Cap One. I've only encounter one fraud on my account and Cap One was the one who caught it, reverse payment, deactivate my card, and sent me a new card. I use this card more than I use any of my other CC's (Amex, Credit One, BOA). This card is reliable and dependable. I recommend this card. This is a credit builder.

Jan 11, 2017
Thankful
jkirby50 Cardholder

I started with the capital one platinum card back in August. I have paid my bill on time or either in full each month. They gave me a 300 dollar credit limit. I asked for a credit limit increase after 2 months they gave me a 100 Dollars. I was still thankful for that. I called tonight because I read they will upgrade your card if you pay good. I called they upgraded to my to the quiksilver not the quiksilver one. I am beyond thankful to capital one for giving me a chance. I am now in the good credit standing I was in the 500s now I'm a 690 less than 6 months in. I'm telling you people if capital one gives you a chance take it and don't screw up at least pay the minimum. Thank you capital one. I will tell all my friends and family about this experience. 2017 is starting out great!!!

Jan 09, 2017
Best Flat-Rate Cash Back Card
tkarmaacct Cardholder

This is my third credit card. My other two (Discover Student, AmEx Blue Cash) are also cash back but reward more for certain categories. Step in, the Quicksilver from Capital One, a higher flat rate on all other purchases than the usual 1% offered by cards. This card is the no-annual fee version of the Quicksilver that offers 1.5% cash back on all purchases, not just some. I use it for all of my transactions that don't fit into the bonus categories on the other cards now to maximize my cash back. Let's look at the "bigger" competition to the Quicksilver to help you decide if you really want this card or not!

Why choose this over Chase's Freedom Unlimited, a 1.5% card? Quicksilver stands on its own. Where the Freedom Unlmited works best in conjunction with other Chase products. Maybe you already have the normal Freedom from Chase or the Sapphire! Go add a Freedom Unlmited and combine all those rewards in one account. Common sense! For me, I have no chase cards, didn't make sense!

Why choose this over Wells Fargo's new Cash Wise, also a 1.5% card? Wells Fargo makes you wait to redeem your rewards in $20 increments, via their ATM's. The sign up bonus is hard to reach ($1000 dollars instead of $500) and the rewards aren't instant like on the Quicksilver. As soon as the Quicksilver's rewards post, you can use them! In any amount!

Why choose this over Citi's Double Cash, a 2% back card? Here's where my preference of "ease of redemption" came in. 1.5% vs 1% on everything you buy + 1% on everything you pay back. The quicksilver's rewards posted faster (based on reviews I read) and you had to make sure not to redeem Double Cash's rewards as a statement credit, because that would eat into your 2% total. Always having to redeem to my bank account seemed irrating for some reason. But if you like 2% and the redemption hurdle, maybe the DC is for you. Wasn't for me because of I just kind of don't like Citi. But maybe you do! Just trying to be honest.

What to LOVE and NOT for the QUICKSILVER!

LOVE: Cash back posts as soon as a purchase post. No waiting for the monthly statement or 4 weeks after the last statement. Even the $100 bonus offer posted the moment I met the spend threshhold. It's refreshing to be rewarded instantly.

LOVE: How you can use the cash back. Statement credit, gift cards are normal. But "redeem for purchases" (apply cash back reward to specific purchases) lets you be more strategic with your cash back and maybe utilize it better then just cashing it all out at once.

LOVE: 1.5% on absolutely everything! If you do return items/get refunded you will lose your rewards, but that is common sense.

LOVE: Everything is straightforward on the website and app (such a nice app), you can easily see your rewards, when your 0%APR ends, logos of merchants you used the card at in the transaction history, a link to contact the business if you don't like what posted, etc etc. Very tech advanced.

DON'T LIKE: Customer service seems average, at best. I used the chat a few times and called once, and it's your standard customer service, nothing to look at here, nothing good, nothing horrible, but nothing good. If you only want good Customer Service, find a credit union or use Discover or AmEx products.

Misc. Tips:

(TIP: to actually make it worth it, you can't carry a balance and add interest to your account. you cancel out your rewards that way. If you like to carry balances, then there are simpler, better cards out there to that. This card only offers 9 months of 0%APR .)

(TIP: Capital One pulls from ALL THREE credit bureaus! If you don't want all those inquiries on your account, then apply for a different flat rate card!)

(TIP: This card is for good to excellent credit!!! CapOne offers an annual fee version of this card with the EXACT SAME reward system, if you like it that much, but for building credit/fair credit. look up: QuicksilverONE.)

(TIP: Seems like the Quicksilvers are only being given out as Mastercards now. If for some reason you care about Visa vs. Mastercard, double check you want this one!)

(TIP: Use the CK tools to figure out if you can get this card. Try not to have any negative things on your report and a score above 700 or 720. If you're hesitant, just apply for the QuicksilverONE, and they'll upgrade you later if you use the card responsibly! Good luck!)

Jan 14, 2017

Nice review...but I have no idea where you get that the Chase Freedom Unlimited card doesn't stand alone. It stands alone just ad well as the Quicksilver does. Same cash back, same flexibility on redemption, the CFU does have a better sign-up bonus I believe, though.

Jan 16, 2017

Oh, it totally does! Sorry it came across that way. The CFU has the better bonus and totally works alone, I just didn't feel the need to expand to Chase because it seems like all their products work better if they work together/in tandem (which makes sense, you could have all your rewards adding to one account instead of spread out over different companies, I just didn't feel starting a multi-card relationship w/Chase to truly maximize that card. I already had category cards elsewhere). BUT your mileage my vary, as always. Thank you for replying!

Jan 09, 2017
Best Flat-Rate Cash Back Card
tkarmaacct Cardholder

What to LOVE and NOT for the QUICKSILVER!

Misc. Tips:

Jan 08, 2017
capital one credit card is my best!
Anonymous Cardholder

Capital is the best for cash reward!

Jan 07, 2017
Good card
Anonymous Cardholder

Had CO plat $500, 3months got 500 more.. once i got $1000.. I applied for QS..  approved for matching amount.. both increase together.. eq654.. ex607 tu680.. when I applied 6months ago..

Jan 05, 2017
Balance Transfer
oranjebean Cardholder

Last year 2016, I applied for this card to consuldated some credit cards. I had 9 months to pay it off. I consuldated $5000. I was approved for $6000. I paid it off, cancelled the card and decided to research other cards and just wait to continue my goal. I still have one credit card left. It has a high limit, but my plan is working so far.

It's 2017, I applied again for the Quicksilver, as the 0% APR 0% transfer balance is amazing, stick to your goal. I plan to tranfer $8-9000 from the credit card I have and kill it in 7 months.

By the end of 2017, I plan to have no credit cards but will research when the time is right to apply to have one credit card for emergencies.

I hope this review helps, stick to realistic goals when applying for credit cards for transfer balances. Know your finances and what is possible. You got this!! Good Luck.

Credit Score
Credit Limit
60+ Days Past Due Status
Age of Cardholder

Sample Size: 964
Data Created: February 02, 2015

Note: Sample data consists of Credit Karma members who hold this card.

Capital One® Quicksilver® Cash Rewards Credit Card