2.4

Sep 03 2018
60 point boost in a week!

No credit pull. Reported to my credit before I even got the card. Got me in range to get a capital one and discover secured card. Within in three months I?m at a 660 Fico and just got a 900$ Walmart and an old navy card. Also got approved for an Avant credit card totally unsecured.? ? This is card Gabe me the boost I needed to get credit again. I threw it in a drawer and I?ll cancel it on the 11th month before the $29 fee gets charged. I?m super grateful for this card and the ease of the process.? ? If ur dependent on this card to live you?re not ready to rebuild your credit.?

Oct 26 2018
Helpful but frustrating

A lot of people are saying it boosted their credit quickly...that is true--my scores went up between 70-80 points very quickly (within 2 months). I was then able to qualify for unsecured cards with higher limits. However, after a few months I paid off the balance and closed the card (no longer needed $600 tied up). It's been about 6 or 7 weeks since I closed the account and I'm still waiting for my money back. The card will definately help re-build your credit but don't send them any money you might need later. It will take forever to get it back.

Apr 26 2020
Do not get this card!

This card pretty much sets you up for failure. The capital one card is 100x better.

Mar 08 2020
Hassle

Theres always an issue on there end and are constantly putting a hold on the card because of errors on their end. Have to constantly call to get issies resolved after getting emails to send verification for one thing or another after its already been sent.

Feb 07 2020
I had it, they were impeccable with word

It's a legit card. Got it for what I needed and they followed through with all terms and conditions.

Feb 02 2020
Im going to rate this card step by step

Application process so far so good, deposit was withdrawn immediately . Make sure you check your spam for confirmation email.

Jan 31 2020

Worst Credit card, daylight robbery, not recommended

Dec 23 2019

Wrong higher balance was reported on my credit , caused my score to drop . Customer service was no help . I wish I had never applied, bad investment.?

Dec 12 2019
TERRIBLE / NIGHTMARE

DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS CARD, IMPOSSIBLE TO REACH THEM , EVERY TIME YOU MAKE A PAYMENT THEY ASK FOR YOUR BANK STATEMENT , WHICH TAKES MORE THAN 2 WEEKS TO VERIFY THE PAYMENT ... ITS ALL COMPLICATED , DO NOT APLLY !!! DO NOT APPLY !!!?

Nov 21 2019
It works for now

I'm using it to raise my credit, which since I've started using this card (and self lender which is a reverse loan) I've raised my score from a 507 to 613 in 6 months.. will put you up 20-40 pts just for opening the credit line and as long as you keep the utilization down it will raise your score (but so will every other secured card)

Nov 12 2019
Horrible

When I paid my credit card off they wanted me to send all my bank statement information in order to credit my payment. There is no way to get ahold of customer service. I don't even know why credit karma offers this credit card it's a way to make the person not improve their credit.

Nov 09 2019
Haven't gotten it yet...

For all the folks who say they didn't receive any mail from Green Dot : that's because you agreed to communicate using email when you applied For all the folks saying you didn't get an email : check your spam folder. Gmail put mine in there and I've already gotten two emails before I got the card. So far, so good!