2.9

Oct 18 2017
Hidden Tradeline Gem
CreditKarma Member

Ignore the 1 star idiots that talk about their "late payments" or other self-inflicting stupidity they level onto Paypal for their trouble.? Quite frankly this is my best personal tradeline BECAUSE it doesn't report to the CRA's.?? This way I don't have to juggle Utilization Ratios and other nonsense month to month as I purchase larger ticket items on deferred interest. ? Pay on time, and don't overspend yourself and this credit line is the bees knees.? Try to buy a 10,000 dollar something you can't actually afford, miss payments, and then whine on CK reviews about how bad the card is, and the more of a fool you look. ? Comenity also gives massive increases on their other branded credit lines, so the open endedness potential of this card is pretty ridiculously high. ? The one downside is that you cannot simply request CLI, you have to try to buy something over your limit to trigger a SP on the spot review.? They do do occasional infrequent auto CLIs (as well as CLDs if you're mucking up the rest of your reports like I suspect most of the one-star angry people are doing) ? No rewards other than deferred interest, but an account with a relatively low APR even for fair credit folks, there is nothing keeping this tradeline from earning a solid 4 star rating.? I cannot give it five due to it being wonky in the limit department.

Aug 06 2017
Fair... So many irrelevant complaints...
CreditKarma Member

Convenient is the first word that comes to mind. Now I've got to leave my thoughts on the posts above or before mine... too many individuals complain about issues that are completely your fault. This is a bank who is lending you money. Their own money. They've got no obligation to you, nor do they need to honor many of the various ridiculous demands, requests or rescue you from absolutely irresponsible and outrageous actions. I think people need to start taking responsibility for your actions. Also, for goodness sake? don't you read the fine print? There's no 'trap' of any means or shoddy services, only unreasonable or absurd expectations and irresponsible people. Credit is a privelidge, not a right. Repair your history or score if it's in need of doing so, read the fine print in the contracts and if you don't understand it, then call and ask... or contact a paralegal or attorney who will translate the words to you...?

Nov 07 2019
Better than I imagined!!
CreditKarma Member

I didn't actually think I would be approved for this card because I had applied to get an Amazon card and was denied and Synchrony turned out to be the same bank. Lucky for me that Ebay kept prodding me and I did. I have had the card for 6 months now and I had to make a big purchase. My dryer died and I had to get a crown on a tooth replaced the same month. I paid up some on the balance even though I pay it off every month and have never paid interest but I needed more room to make the purchase. When I made the purchase PayPal even increased my limit. 6 months same as cash. I could not be happier with this card. They started me out with a decent limit. If there is one thing that would be a mark against them is that if you dont do anything a cancelled purchase, no matter who cancels it (the vendor or you) remains as a pending purchase for up to 30 days and that uses up your credit limit if you were needing to make a purchase.

Oct 14 2019
They will close your card without persmi
CreditKarma Member

They will close your card without persmission or authorization. Customer service cant do anything for you .

Aug 31 2019
Don???t waste your time.
CreditKarma Member

Don?t waste your time with this. ?They approve you, but limit your spending on it extremely. ?The highlight of it is being able to utilize the six months no interest program on larger purchases. ?But, they don?t actually let you make a large purchase for your first purchase. ?They tell you to try smaller purchases at once, but they still GREATLY limit how much you use it. ?So if you need it to pay for something larger in price, it won?t help you. ?I would opt for a credit card that will actually let you buy what you need. ?

Jun 21 2019
Not recommended
CreditKarma Member

PayPal doesn't own any query related to PayPal credit as it's owned by Synchrony bank. I applied for it and they never provide any account/card number. I tried to approach customer support, they closed my account and re-created new account but I never received my account number. Now I can see one closed account on my credit report. You can't use it in any wallet including samsung/apple pay etc. I wouldn't recommend to have PayPal credit as it's just like adding trash on your credit report.

May 06 2019
Not actual credit
CreditKarma Member

Just an fyi - you must have a linked bank account in order to use your line of credit with them. In my mind, requiring a bank account means they have direct access to withdraw money at any point. That's not trusting customers with credit.

Feb 15 2019
Wish there were more credit opts like it
CreditKarma Member

This is an absolutely fantastic line of credit, if you use it right. It sounds to me like all the negative reviewers screwed up one way or another and were angry when PayPal wouldn't fix it for them, and then decided they have bad customer service. Let me explain how I use it, and then you can decide whether it's right for you. For the vast majority of my purchases, I do not use credit, of any kind. If I have the money pay for it now, I do that, or I wait. In the few instances I need something now but can't pay for it, use PayPal credit, but only if I can pay it off within 6 months. I love that the website shows every single individual purchase I've made using PayPal credit, how much is left to be paid, and how much time it needs to pain in to avoid interest. They couldn't be any more transparent. Personally, if you use PayPal credit, I don't any reason at all that you should ever have non-promotional balance that earns interest, unless you have screwed something up. Personally, I ignore the "amount to pay to avoid interest" feature. If you only pay this minimun amount, just like only paying the minimum on a regular credit card, you will get behind, and you will end up paying interest. When I make a payment, I divide each individual purchase by the number of promotional months left, add them all up, and pay that amount. For example, if I have 3 purchases, and one has $180 with 6 months left, one has $50 with 5 months left, and one has $50 with 2 months left, that month I will pay $65. I have had PayPal credit for over year, paid off several purchases, and never once had to pay interest using this method.?

Feb 07 2019
CreditKarma Member

Have been a customer since the program was offered. I have always made monthly payments without fault, and noticed they were starting to charge me interest, this did not make sense as I was making payments and seeing a reduction in my promorional purchases balance. I tried contacting their customer service via email only to get a runaround and no explanation, then they suggested I call them. At that point I was told that they apply payments to promotional purchases first, instead of the non- promotional purchases which now caused ballonning of my non- promotional balance to a point where it's resulting ininterest charges (we are only talking about a few dollars here and there, but because of their non- transparent practice). Their statements are completley non-transparent in that they show a reduction of promotional purcahse balance, but do no indicate clearly which balancewas not paid. In other words, they were listing a 'amount to pay to avoid interest' but do not indicate in any way that that amount is the result of unpaid non- promotional purcahses, as opposed to remainaing promotional purchases balances. To sum up, Paypal is making a decision where your payment goes and then they are chargingin you interest when THEY cause your balance to not be paid. Needles to say, customer service was completley unhelpful, the 'supervisor' I was transferred to sounded like he was barely out of high school and had no interest to waive less than $20 worht of interest charges so now I will be closing my account that has thousands of dolalrs in yearly traffic. That's some Paypal math for you right there

Jan 12 2019
CreditKarma Member

I have had problems with my payments being processed, mainly just being slow to credit my account.

Jan 12 2019
CreditKarma Member

I used PayPal Credit's six months with no interest or payments option to make a purchase. The payment was due on December 13th and I mailed a check on November 29th. On December 16th I was notified that they had charged all accrued interest to my account since they hadn't processed my payment. I assume my payment was not processed due to PayPal Credit's backlog caused by the Christmas rush. I was told that when they processed the payment they would verify the postmark and refund the interest. On January 12th I was notified that they processed my payment of December the 12th. When I called PayPal Credit I was told that they had made no attempt to verify the postmark on my payment and would not credit the interest charge. My FICO score is 832, and I have a perfect track record with PayPal, yet they choose to treat me like dirt and in effect steal my money by charging interest they are not entitled to, I will never do business with them again.

Oct 16 2018
Hate It! Don't even think about it!
CreditKarma Member

They used to email you with how much you had to pay inorder to avoid interest they dont do so anymore. They also withdraw money from ur bank account without notifying you even when requesting to with draw from ur cash with paypal! SCAMMERS!!! BEWARE! THEY ARE NOT WHAT THEY USED TO!