2.9

May 19, 2013
Instant Approval - CK 616

I have terrible credit. I messed things up with I was younger and am currently rebuilding. I was instantly approved for $300.00 with Paypal Connect with a 616 CK score. Few things of note: 1) It will default to paypal connect as your primary funding source, so make sure you keep up with your due dates and usage. 2) I've read they do not send statements, it requires you to be diligent with your due dates 3) You do not receive a physical card. It's attached to your paypal account as another funding source 4) High interest, really only use once in a while to keep active and make sure you only put what you can pay back on the actual balance.

Apr 25, 2017
Lowered credit line after a year

Excellent payment history with them. Yet each year they check my credit score and because I had payment trouble with a couple other creditors, my score isn't that great now. 2 years in a row they lowered my credit limit to whatever the balance at the time is. Went from a $500 credit line to $280 now. If my balance was $50, I'm sure thats what my credit line would be right now after they lowered it. Once I pay off this credit line, I'm done with them and closing my account. Not worth it. If I would have known they would lower your credit line even with excellent payment history, I'd have never applied.

May 20, 2022
It's ok

While I don't have the greatest credit, I often pay my cards in full every month which is the case with PayPal Credit. It takes a full 16 days to restore my available credit, which is ridiculous! I wouldn't recommend them on that alone; I have AMEX and they don't even take that long to restore available limits.

May 06, 2022
Great for Larger Purchases

I got approved for this instantly, although I do have good credit already. I recommend only using this if you are making larger than $100.00 purchases as you get the interest free period to pay it off. Interest is high so smaller purchases need to be paid off right away. They do not send you reminders for due dates! If you are someone who needs this, I do not recommend. I have the PayPal app so keeping track and paying has been super easy. Overall, it's been a great experience for me and has helped me make larger purchases with 0 interest. No comment on customer service, have not had to use it in the year I have had this.

Mar 22, 2022
Dont, just dont..

Got a card and used it every day for work shipping. They upped my limit several times without asking which was nice until they closed my card without notice. I have never been late on payments and pay @$1000 a day to keep up. They just closed it as my general credit score dipped below 700 for just one day as I pay all my cards but one payment didn't clear in time and they just cancelled me. Beware! Closing a card affects your credit score. I never asked them to close it and never been late and over pay and this is the result. As a business owner I do not recommend this card.

Feb 08, 2022
Beware, they are sneaky

After using a line of Credit with them for 3 or so years, I will no longer be using or recommending them. Recently I went to make my monthly payment, only to find out that they moved up my due date by a few days without warning and charged me a late fee. They also moved up the expiration date for the interest free payments. Again, both without warning. No calls, no texts, no email (nothing in the spam folder) nothing. When I called into customer services they basically said they couldn't be bother to let their 20 million customers know that they made those changes and were only working to fix things if a customer called in. Essentially admitting that they were purposely being scummy so they could pocket the extra fees and interest.

Oct 10, 2021
Terrible Experience!!!!!!!!!

It is a horrible experience on using PayPal Credit. I was extracted by its special financing plan and set up the auto payment. Apparently, they are totally separate things. Given the special financing plan, you need to call them before monthly payment to make sure the amount you need to pay. Otherwise, interests are coming!!!! Customer service is really bad. Never use it in the future!

Aug 18, 2020
don't do it

-lowered my credit limit to a little over my current balance, putting me at 90% utilization--my credit score went down 50 points :( -will call you every hour if you are even 1 day late on payments. -will advertise interest free financing if a purchase is paid in full within 6 months, but won't let you pay individually for that specific purchase--you are only able to make payments towards your full balance. -they moved their financing over to Synchrony Banks and started showing up on my credit scores, something i did NOT sign up for.

Mar 23, 2020

Feb 28, 2020
They're incredibly unhelpful

They won't help you out in any way. Everyone that I've spoken to for PayPal credit literally has no idea what they're doing.

Nov 29, 2019
Horrible

CHOOSE MY CARD HomeFinance Credit Cards Updated on 11/30/2019 PayPal Credit Overall Satisfaction Rating Based on 427 ratings submitted in the last year SHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION PayPal Credit formerly Bill Me Later ConsumerAffairs Unaccredited Brand This company is not yet accredited. To learn more, see reviews below or submit your own. PayPal Credit does not participate in the ConsumerAffairs accreditation program. Learn More Get better rewards Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you. CHOOSE MY CARD PayPal Credit Reviews Sort:Recent Filter by:Any Rated with 1 star profile pic of the author Amy of Everett, WA Original review: Nov. 30, 2019 I don't understand why I would put a $60 charge and be asked to only put a bank account as a form of payment and my minimum amount due was $50 like what the heck is that I was so upset I will never charge another thing after this I have $100 and they're charging me 52 so basically what is the point of credit if you have to pay half of what you charge at all times that makes no sense the whole point of credit is pay-what-you-can and unfortunately live outside your means but it gives you a long. Of time to pay what you charge PayPal is not a good option you may as well just pay out of your pocket cuz it's going to burn you in the end

Nov 26, 2019
paypal credit

It is bad enough that PAYPAL Credit moved our accounts to Synchrony Financial, but now that account is on our credit reports.? Now I never agreed to do business with Synchrony Financial to begin with, but I was never informed that this account would be on my credit reports, when the original PAYPAL Credit was not.? I have excellent credit but it definably impacted my credit score. ? I will be paying the entire amount the end of January, then closing this account.? PayPal has gone downhill in that last few years and I for one, am tired of these companies treated us like untenured servants. After PayPal credit is closed I will be taking most of my business elsewhere.