2.9

May 19, 2013
Instant Approval - CK 616

I have terrible credit. I messed things up with I was younger and am currently rebuilding. I was instantly approved for $300.00 with Paypal Connect with a 616 CK score. Few things of note: 1) It will default to paypal connect as your primary funding source, so make sure you keep up with your due dates and usage. 2) I've read they do not send statements, it requires you to be diligent with your due dates 3) You do not receive a physical card. It's attached to your paypal account as another funding source 4) High interest, really only use once in a while to keep active and make sure you only put what you can pay back on the actual balance.

Apr 25, 2017
Lowered credit line after a year

Excellent payment history with them. Yet each year they check my credit score and because I had payment trouble with a couple other creditors, my score isn't that great now. 2 years in a row they lowered my credit limit to whatever the balance at the time is. Went from a $500 credit line to $280 now. If my balance was $50, I'm sure thats what my credit line would be right now after they lowered it. Once I pay off this credit line, I'm done with them and closing my account. Not worth it. If I would have known they would lower your credit line even with excellent payment history, I'd have never applied.

Aug 18, 2020
don't do it

-lowered my credit limit to a little over my current balance, putting me at 90% utilization--my credit score went down 50 points :( -will call you every hour if you are even 1 day late on payments. -will advertise interest free financing if a purchase is paid in full within 6 months, but won't let you pay individually for that specific purchase--you are only able to make payments towards your full balance. -they moved their financing over to Synchrony Banks and started showing up on my credit scores, something i did NOT sign up for.

Mar 23, 2020

Feb 28, 2020
They're incredibly unhelpful

They won't help you out in any way. Everyone that I've spoken to for PayPal credit literally has no idea what they're doing.

Nov 29, 2019
Horrible

CHOOSE MY CARD HomeFinance Credit Cards Updated on 11/30/2019 PayPal Credit Overall Satisfaction Rating Based on 427 ratings submitted in the last year SHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION PayPal Credit formerly Bill Me Later ConsumerAffairs Unaccredited Brand This company is not yet accredited. To learn more, see reviews below or submit your own. PayPal Credit does not participate in the ConsumerAffairs accreditation program. Learn More Get better rewards Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you. CHOOSE MY CARD PayPal Credit Reviews Sort:Recent Filter by:Any Rated with 1 star profile pic of the author Amy of Everett, WA Original review: Nov. 30, 2019 I don't understand why I would put a $60 charge and be asked to only put a bank account as a form of payment and my minimum amount due was $50 like what the heck is that I was so upset I will never charge another thing after this I have $100 and they're charging me 52 so basically what is the point of credit if you have to pay half of what you charge at all times that makes no sense the whole point of credit is pay-what-you-can and unfortunately live outside your means but it gives you a long. Of time to pay what you charge PayPal is not a good option you may as well just pay out of your pocket cuz it's going to burn you in the end

Nov 26, 2019
paypal credit

It is bad enough that PAYPAL Credit moved our accounts to Synchrony Financial, but now that account is on our credit reports.? Now I never agreed to do business with Synchrony Financial to begin with, but I was never informed that this account would be on my credit reports, when the original PAYPAL Credit was not.? I have excellent credit but it definably impacted my credit score. ? I will be paying the entire amount the end of January, then closing this account.? PayPal has gone downhill in that last few years and I for one, am tired of these companies treated us like untenured servants. After PayPal credit is closed I will be taking most of my business elsewhere.

Nov 07, 2019
Better than I imagined!!

I didn't actually think I would be approved for this card because I had applied to get an Amazon card and was denied and Synchrony turned out to be the same bank. Lucky for me that Ebay kept prodding me and I did. I have had the card for 6 months now and I had to make a big purchase. My dryer died and I had to get a crown on a tooth replaced the same month. I paid up some on the balance even though I pay it off every month and have never paid interest but I needed more room to make the purchase. When I made the purchase PayPal even increased my limit. 6 months same as cash. I could not be happier with this card. They started me out with a decent limit. If there is one thing that would be a mark against them is that if you dont do anything a cancelled purchase, no matter who cancels it (the vendor or you) remains as a pending purchase for up to 30 days and that uses up your credit limit if you were needing to make a purchase.

Oct 14, 2019
They will close your card without persmi

They will close your card without persmission or authorization. Customer service cant do anything for you .

Aug 31, 2019
Don???t waste your time.

Don?t waste your time with this. ?They approve you, but limit your spending on it extremely. ?The highlight of it is being able to utilize the six months no interest program on larger purchases. ?But, they don?t actually let you make a large purchase for your first purchase. ?They tell you to try smaller purchases at once, but they still GREATLY limit how much you use it. ?So if you need it to pay for something larger in price, it won?t help you. ?I would opt for a credit card that will actually let you buy what you need. ?

Jun 21, 2019
Not recommended

PayPal doesn't own any query related to PayPal credit as it's owned by Synchrony bank. I applied for it and they never provide any account/card number. I tried to approach customer support, they closed my account and re-created new account but I never received my account number. Now I can see one closed account on my credit report. You can't use it in any wallet including samsung/apple pay etc. I wouldn't recommend to have PayPal credit as it's just like adding trash on your credit report.

May 06, 2019
Not actual credit

Just an fyi - you must have a linked bank account in order to use your line of credit with them. In my mind, requiring a bank account means they have direct access to withdraw money at any point. That's not trusting customers with credit.