2.6

May 11 2017
Good card to start out with

I got this card while paying off a debt with Jefferson Capital. My limit is very low, $125, but it has improved my credit. They no longer do credit increases, that stopped a few years ago so keep that in mind. I am planning to close this out soon since I now have a Discover It card and a Capital One card with higher limits but every bit does count. I never had an issue with making any payments and the customer service is good. The few times I had to call they always resolved my issues. If you are offered this you should take the offer. Just make payments on time always.

Jul 23 2015
This card will raise your score but..

That's about it. I have had this card for over a year. I've paid on time since I've got it and my credit score kept going up. My limit is low of course, real low... $175 and even with paying on time and never missing a payment, still no limit increase. This past month I was able to get a platinum card from capital one with a 2k dollar limit and after 5 payments made without a miss I'll get another 500. So the emblem card will get you on your way to better cards. I'm debating on keeping it though because this week I was sent a letter saying they are adding an annual fee because of market conditions and business costs (yeah right). Which I hadn't had an annual fee before this and my capital one card doesn't have an annual fee. Keeping it at this point would be only for the age of the account because with an annual fee now and a limit that may never increase its done it's job. So if you get offered this card to rebuild your credit take it. Put small charges on it and don't miss payments. It'll do what it says to increase your score again get you to better cards. Once you start moving to better cards you can honestly dump emblem after.

Aug 13 2019
It's a scam with no cancellation number.

The card never arrived, no information to contact them is to be found anywhere. Avoid at all costs.

Mar 06 2019
Excellent

Was offered this Credit Card via Jefferson Capital to pay back an old debt. I did so and was given a credit card with a $150 limit which has rebuilt my credit back in 2016. I did receive the card in March 2017. In Apri or May of 2018 I was given a $50 credit limit increase. No complaints whatsoever.

Jan 18 2019

This company has the worst customer service ever. I ordered a replacement card on November 26. They informed me that the sent out the new card on December 13 about 2 weeks later. Today is January 18 and i am still waiting on the card to arrive. I called and talked to a supervisor and all they could say was, well we sent it. I asked them if the could expedite another card and she told me that is not in their policy and it would be another 18 days to get a new one. This company does not care about their customers. I will be closing my account and taking my business elsewhere.

Nov 23 2018
Large Print Giveth, Small Print Taketh

PRO: They offer you a way to build your credit back up. CON: What they don't tell you is that the ONLY way to make a payment to them is through a checking or savings account, and there's NO way to change your billing from online to paper statements (even if you call in and make a formal request). So, now I get to call them once again and make a complaint, close the account, have them send me a paper bill (if they even will), take the hit to my credit score, and pay them off. In my personal opinion, find another card to go with.

Oct 12 2018
STRANGE

I do not recall opening this account. Which credit cards is this bank associated with or which store? STRANGE and must find out.

Mar 03 2018
Horrible service, outdated technology.

I had this card and they cancelled on me because I couldn't find out if I had a balance. They use outdated web technology for account access. It's questionable whether it is even secure. They don't have a phone app. They don't send email account updates. They don't send snail mail statements. They didn't even notifiy me that they closed my account. When I log into the website, it doesn't even say if they closed my account. Horrible, horrible, horrible responsiveness from this questionable company.

Jan 18 2018
good offer to settle a debt and rebuild

I have had this card for about 7 years now. I came the way of resettleing a debt on an old store card and help rebuild credit with a $250 limit. With this card over time I was able to get Major banks credit cards with higher limits. Even with a low limit I have a use for this cardas it prevents over spending.

May 11 2017
Good card to start out with

May 08 2017
Avoid

I had this card back in 2013. Thought I had closed the account, and it has been showing up on my credit report as an open account with no balance. No big deal I thought. Turns out, they kept charging me, and the account is in collections. This is going to set my hard work back a few months, and it's all because of this company's predatory approach to lending.

Feb 15 2017
Pay debt and build credit.

I got this card years ago in exchange to pay off a debt. It helped me to rebuild my credit and pay off a debt at the same time. I've kept it but really no longer need it. It did its job. The only reason I'll be closing the account is because they charge a $25 annual fee. It is a basic card with a low limit so there really is no longer a reason for me to keep it. If you need to build credit and pay a debt, I say take the offer.