3.4

Jun 05, 2019
Excellent Churn & Burn

I applied for this card back when it was the Marriott Rewards Premier Plus (I still have that card, not the refreshed Boundless card). Being a Marriott enthusiast this card is perfect for not only living off of, but also for putting all of my bills on auto-pay on. This is an ideal Semi-Premium Travel card to kick back & relax with while it generates thousands upon thousands of points each month with zero effort. I will say that the Silver Elite status card holders get with the Boundless is pretty pitiful and not worth tooting a horn over, but the points-generating capability makes up for that.

Oct 04, 2019
They calculate credit score differently

Applied with over a 720 score after getting hounded with pre-approval offers. Got a denial letter in the mail with the reason being a 660 credit score. I called and asked about this and was told that CreditKarma isn't a reliable source for accurate credit scores. Weird. I still get the pre-approval letters at least weekly.

Nov 19, 2021
Great Card with Great Benefits!

I've had this card for many years and I really enjoy the benefits it comes with. It start with a generous sign up bonus which is good for a week long stay at a mid tier hotel. The annual fee is more than made up for by the annual free night at a category 5 hotel. The automatic silver elite you get each year is great for late checkouts during your stay.

Sep 29, 2021
Chase Stinks

I have been an account holder at Chase longer than some people have been alive. But I've never once been approved for *anything* from them, including this credit card. I have a credit score in the 710-720 range and I always get denied from Chase. It's just not worth the hassle with them.

Sep 16, 2021
Over rated point system

Signed up for a promo offer with 50K points with certain use minimums. However points are only worth about 1/3 cent instead of a cent, 50K adds up to $125-150 depending on how you cash it out. Might be better if you regularly use Marriot services, I don't. Also having issues redeeming points, I'm hoping I can fix that but is taking me extra time, will probably have to call.

Sep 07, 2021
Marriott Bonvoy

This is a great card, the points and the Marriott programs are the best I've ever utilized. I only stay at Marriott Bonvoy linked hotels. I've never had better service and Chase is great to work with. I also have the Southwest Air Chase Visa as well.

Jun 30, 2021
7-10 days before I can use it

My sole purpose in applying for this card was for the benefits is booking travel. So I was approved quickly and easily, but to my chagrin, I cannot use the card to make Marriott reservations until I receive the physical card 7-10 days later. This defeats the entire reason I chose this card. This is my first account with Chase and will be my last.

Jun 15, 2021
Good while it lasted

Look, I get it- COVID affected everyone, but the way Marriott and Chase moved the goalposts for the long-term loyal customers is simply uncalled for. Case in point: a trip to the same location, same time frame, post-COVID, is more than twice the amount of points compared to pre-COVID. The pleas for assistance, to at least sweeten the deal and offer an increased free night certificates limit fell on deaf ears, and so did our complaints about the huge increase in points required. At the end of the day, however, we are still the consumers, and have the power to decide what makes sense for us. In this case, it didn't make sense anymore to hold on to a loyalty program that was no longer loyal to us, even as Titanium Elite members.

Aug 19, 2020
Points worthless

the 100,000 points can only be used in their hotels. One night stay can run you between 50,000 to 90,000... so after deducting the $95 annual fee, you really only get a hit to your credit report for and save $20 from what you would have paid to say at the hotel, you could have probably find a coupon and saved your time and credit score.

Jul 16, 2020
Not worth the hit to your credit

I applied for this based on the recommendation that said Excellent Approval Odds. Well, I did not get approved and my Credit score is over 700. I was approved with no problem for the Hilton Amx so that's the card I will be using and the hotel.

Jan 23, 2020
Very useful.

If you stay at Marriott hotels a lot, this card is worth it.

Nov 18, 2019
Twice, my account had fraudulent charges

I cancelled it for two reasons, I used the card one time and then I had two fraudulent charges. I know, the replacement card was cheap plastic, not a metal card. I do not pay annual fees for cheap plastic cards.