3.5

Jun 05, 2019
Excellent Churn & Burn

I applied for this card back when it was the Marriott Rewards Premier Plus (I still have that card, not the refreshed Boundless card). Being a Marriott enthusiast this card is perfect for not only living off of, but also for putting all of my bills on auto-pay on. This is an ideal Semi-Premium Travel card to kick back & relax with while it generates thousands upon thousands of points each month with zero effort. I will say that the Silver Elite status card holders get with the Boundless is pretty pitiful and not worth tooting a horn over, but the points-generating capability makes up for that.

Oct 04, 2019
They calculate credit score differently

Applied with over a 720 score after getting hounded with pre-approval offers. Got a denial letter in the mail with the reason being a 660 credit score. I called and asked about this and was told that CreditKarma isn't a reliable source for accurate credit scores. Weird. I still get the pre-approval letters at least weekly.

Apr 14, 2022
Great for Marriott Rewards

When used responsibly, this is a fantastic reward card if you’re interested in getting free nights at Marriott properties. I joined during a great promotion offer, and since I opened the account less than 3 months ago, I’ve accrued 5 free nights and 75,000+ points through strategic spending. Good reward rates for my biggest categories - gas, groceries, dining that add up fairly quickly - equating to at least one free night per year (with my spending) on top of the free anniversary night. Pair that with the rewards rates when you stay at Marriott with the card and 2x on everything else, you’ll earn rewards. Then, taking advantage of Bonvoy promotions will add to your rewards. Overall very happy with Chase, the App, and the rewards. Not to mention that my credit score increased around 30 points within a month of opening the account - to a 730. I would apply only if you have a decent score and can manage the account responsibly. I’m very happy that I got this card and have been recommending to many family members and friends who like to stay with Marriott - 40,000 points for each person who signs up using your link - awesome! Amex Gold Card Next. B)

Mar 22, 2022
Don’t waste your time

I applied and was denied after receiving offers for this card. Credit score 872, mortgage with Chase current and on time, other credit cards with zero balance including American Express, no auto loans. Now I will refinance my mortgage away from Chase.

Mar 21, 2022
Credit Karma Should be ashamed of themselves

So last week i applied for 2 chase credit cards The IHG rewards and the Marriot Boundless card, I had a 635 on transunion and equifax and 634 on experian. Have 1 collection on my reports, i even had a good chance of approval till i got 2 disappointing letters in the mail saying chase was unable to approve. Credit karma should be ashamed of themselves for misleading approval odds……waste of an inquiry for the next 2 years i’ll stick with my capital one venture card n my Amex from credit one till i can get an acutal (AMERICAN EXPRESS) card.

Nov 19, 2021
Great Card with Great Benefits!

I've had this card for many years and I really enjoy the benefits it comes with. It start with a generous sign up bonus which is good for a week long stay at a mid tier hotel. The annual fee is more than made up for by the annual free night at a category 5 hotel. The automatic silver elite you get each year is great for late checkouts during your stay.

Sep 29, 2021
Chase Stinks

I have been an account holder at Chase longer than some people have been alive. But I've never once been approved for *anything* from them, including this credit card. I have a credit score in the 710-720 range and I always get denied from Chase. It's just not worth the hassle with them.

Sep 16, 2021
Over rated point system

Signed up for a promo offer with 50K points with certain use minimums. However points are only worth about 1/3 cent instead of a cent, 50K adds up to $125-150 depending on how you cash it out. Might be better if you regularly use Marriot services, I don't. Also having issues redeeming points, I'm hoping I can fix that but is taking me extra time, will probably have to call.

Sep 07, 2021
Marriott Bonvoy

This is a great card, the points and the Marriott programs are the best I've ever utilized. I only stay at Marriott Bonvoy linked hotels. I've never had better service and Chase is great to work with. I also have the Southwest Air Chase Visa as well.

Jun 30, 2021
7-10 days before I can use it

My sole purpose in applying for this card was for the benefits is booking travel. So I was approved quickly and easily, but to my chagrin, I cannot use the card to make Marriott reservations until I receive the physical card 7-10 days later. This defeats the entire reason I chose this card. This is my first account with Chase and will be my last.

Jun 15, 2021
Good while it lasted

Look, I get it- COVID affected everyone, but the way Marriott and Chase moved the goalposts for the long-term loyal customers is simply uncalled for. Case in point: a trip to the same location, same time frame, post-COVID, is more than twice the amount of points compared to pre-COVID. The pleas for assistance, to at least sweeten the deal and offer an increased free night certificates limit fell on deaf ears, and so did our complaints about the huge increase in points required. At the end of the day, however, we are still the consumers, and have the power to decide what makes sense for us. In this case, it didn't make sense anymore to hold on to a loyalty program that was no longer loyal to us, even as Titanium Elite members.

Aug 19, 2020
Points worthless

the 100,000 points can only be used in their hotels. One night stay can run you between 50,000 to 90,000... so after deducting the $95 annual fee, you really only get a hit to your credit report for and save $20 from what you would have paid to say at the hotel, you could have probably find a coupon and saved your time and credit score.