Credit Card Reviews

All American Express® Credit Cards

Credit Score
  • info This chart details the percent of cardholders that a credit score that currently falls within the given score ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average credit score across all holders of this card, every month, for the past year.
Credit Limit
  • info This chart details the percent of cardholders whose credit limit on this card currently falls within the given amount ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average credit limit of all holders of this card whose current credit score falls within the given score ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average credit limit of all holders of this card whose current age falls within the given age ranges.
  • info This chart details the percent of cardholders whose current balance on this card falls within the given amount ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average current balance for all holders of this card whose current credit score falls within the given score ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average current balance for all holders of this card whose current age falls within the given age ranges.
  • info This chart details the percent of cardholders whose current credit limit utilization for this card falls within the given utilization ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average credit limit utilization for all holders of this card whose current credit score falls within the given score ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average credit limit utilization for all holders of this card whose current age falls within the given age ranges.
60+ Days Past Due Status
  • info This chart displays the percent of holders of this card that were 60+ days past due for the given month for the past year.
  • info This chart displays the percent of holders of this card that are currently 60+ days past due and whose current credit score falls within the given score range.
  • info This chart displays the average amount that is 60+ days past due for holders whose current credit score falls within the given score range.
Age of Cardholder
  • info This chart details the percent of cardholders whose current age falls within the given age ranges.
Sample Size: 3,081
Data Created: October 01, 2013

21 Cardholder Reviews

Results 1-10 of 21Results per page: 5 | 10 | 25Page 1 of 3   Previous | Next

I love their reward system and this summer I'm travelling to my oversea country without paying anything. Their customer service is perfect, they deserve five stars I think.

ibrahimozyilmaz's review was:

davisg417's review was:

Mar 09, 2013 Reply

davisg417(3, 1)

Review by davisg417

Amex Preferred Bonus is excellent 6% on Meijers, Krogers, Giant eagle, 3% on gas. We have averaged $75.00 per month credit. This is the best company I have delt with. Also this Credit Karma is amazing

sameone's review was:

Jun 16, 2012 Reply

sameone(1, 1)

Review by sameone

The best service oriented credit card on the market. I have been a customer for 13 years. You never have to wait on the phone, their customer service is first rate. The concierge even helped my get reservations at The French Laundry.

The only down side are the annual fees but in the end you get what you pay for.

AppleRules's review was:

Sep 21, 2011 Reply

AppleRules(748, 915)

Review by AppleRules

Top Contributor

I love American Express. I have 3 cards with them (2 business, 1 personal). Their service is as good as a bank gets. Sure I get annoyed when they validate my income but I guess that is the price of having a high credit limit in today's economy.

Credit requirements for American Express are definitely higher than most cards. Generally speaking you need high credit and high income as Amex is mostly interested in transactional business (i.e. people who spend a lot and pay in full each month).

hardeight's review was:

Mar 03, 2011 Reply

hardeight(1739, 925)

Review by hardeight

Top Contributor

american express has decent customer service unless you really need help, then they couldn't care less.  I'll never do business with them again.  I recently cancelled all of my accounts and will tell anyone I meet not to do business with amex.  american express is existing on a long past and no longer true reputation.  Avoid them at all costs and look for a more customer centered company to do business with.

whyone's review was:

Aug 24, 2012 Reply

whyone(15, 55)

Review by whyone

Bad customer service,

Canncel your card at a monets notice despite ontime payments and better credit rating than when fist took out

Feb 14, 2014 Reply
DISAPPOINTED American Express CUSTOMER!

Very DISAPPOINTED with American Express.  I try to make timely payments every month.  I make a late payment due to the busy daily routine off LIFE and they are unable to waive the late fee.   As if $25.00 is going to hurt the yearly gross amount of American Express.  Great Love for the Clients!!

Jan 25, 2014 Reply

Was a customer in good standing since 2005. Two months ago they sent a letter stating because of my good standing and credit they are giving me unlimited credit and an option to use the pay over time feature up to 35,000.00. I began using that feature and  my balance grew by 4000.00. I then get a message that they suspended my charging until they get financial documents from me. At this time I am travelling out of the country and would have liked to use the card but couldn't.  I was not back in town yet when they closed my account. This is so unprofessional to make me an offer and then when I use it they penalize me like that.  Never use American Express.  It is a trap and awful how they do business.  They are not loyal to their customers. Adios and thanks for the memories!!!!

Oct 25, 2013 Reply
Ruined my Credit - And they wont correct

Back in 2007 I paid AMEX in full, told them I was closing my business, which of course included my Post Office Box.  Specifically gave them my home address, and closed my account!.  Over a year later, I get a call from a Collection Agency, stating that I owe them over $400 in late fee's, 35% interest rate, and the topper, my annual membership.  Finally got a hold of AMEX, told them this account had been closed, as the Business was closed, and that I wasn't paying anything until I saw a bill, since I never received one.

AMEX never sent me a bill, I finally got copies from yet another collection agency, and they still had my Post Office Box from my previous company, after I had told them on several occassions, I am no longer in business and therefore, no longer use the Post Office Box.

Through the years in trying to correct the problem, as I do not see how it was fair that I should pay for something that was not authorized, sent to the wrong address, and the account was closed.  This year they finally sent me a letter stating that it was "there mistake", do you know they actually listed the balance as a Charge Off, this year, on my credit report.  When I sent the letter to all three credit agencies, the same letter whereas AMEX admits it was their error, and the charges were removed because was their errorr.  All three credit agencies denied my request to remove the Charge Off.

I wish there was some recourse that I could take against AMEX, because what they have done was just make my credit worse.  I had actually been denied in 2008 to refiance my home, because of the issue with American Express.

My advise is to stay away from this company, because something so simple, had ruined my credit and I don't have an recourse.

cheropride's review was:

Mar 08, 2013 Reply

cheropride(1, 0)

Review by cheropride

Results 1-10 of 21Results per page: 5 | 10 | 25Page 1 of 3   Previous | Next

Add Your Review Of All American Express® Credit Cards

Cardholder Rating Distribution (21)

Commonly Selected Products

Members who viewed this card applied for these cards

American Express is the world's largest card issuer by purchase volume, catering to high-spending cardmembers around the world. American Express offers personal, small business, corporate, prepaid, and charge cards. American Express stands out in the credit card industry for its cardmember services, such as concierge service and loyalty programs, and its charge cards with no pre-set spending limit, such as the Centurion, or "Black card”, known for its exclusivity and elite features.

Headquartered in New York City, American Express is a global financial services company that provides financial products, processes transactions, and facilitates payment services to consumers and merchants. With its iconic Roman gladiator logo, American Express operates in over 130 countries around the world.

All American Express® Credit Cards