3.3

Feb 02 2012

Very pleased with this card and the service provided by AMEX. This is the best cash back card on the market that I know of.

Nov 12 2019
Really really really bad!

So disappointed in American Express, they start you out with a high card limit then after some time goes by they will reduce your card limit having a negative effect on your credit score. The only resolve as far as they are concerned is by means of extortion, paying them hundreds even thousands of dollars in a one-time payment to get your credit score and credit limit back to where it was??? Customer service is pretty bad too, very difficult to understand them as they do not speak very good English

Nov 12 2019
Really really really bad!

Sep 04 2019
Awesome!

If you need flexibility, this is it..

May 03 2019
Not worth the trouble or credit pull

Have a 749 credit score and paid off most of my cards in past few month with credit untilization at 25-30%. CK rated on my list very good odds of approval. But again, wrong was denied the card but was approved by Chase of ink business card with 20, 000 limit same day. Funny! Asked for reconsideration Desk to talk with someone but told will do a hard pull again and get back to me in 14 days. FORGET IT!. Done with american express.

Aug 04 2015
Good backup card

Love this card. I take full advantage of the pay later option. Use this mostly for my business car expenses like gas and repairs as well as eating out. My business is still in the baby phase. I have the capital but not the website up yet. Amex didnt seem to mind. Barclays denied me for their hawaiian airlines business card stating i needed 5 years of establishment when i already have their personal hawaiian airlines and arrival plus card. Soft pull though because i show them the love and spend big. Always call amex before u make large purchases, theyll tell u off the bat if youll be denied. I like that. The 250 fee is worth it so far.

Mar 28 2012

Warning about the Plum card for your Readers: I just got the Plum Card and was made aware of something that the Customer Service Rep wasn't aware of until I pressed the issue and he had to find out the answer from a supervisor: The 1.5% is strictly applied to payments within the first 10 ten days after the monthly cycle closes. The caveat there is that payments made during the monthly cycle do not get the discount reward. That's an important distinction that will not necessarily be clear to anyone reading about the card and I think you should know that. I now realize that if I pay "too early", the discount doesn't apply. I was very disappointed. AMEX charge cards may not have a preset limit but they do have limits based on spending patterns. If I have $5000 available and use that in the first week of the monthly cycle on unforeseen expenses with several auto-debits still to come, I need to pay down the balance quickly within a few days and thus NOT get the discount on that payment. The discount only applies to the ENDING BALANCE. Now, if you have a stratospheric limit on the card, it won't matter. But for many small business owners juggling expenses and spending limits while trying to get maximum rewards, this can and will be a nuisance. Applicant beware.

Feb 02 2012