3.3

Jan 21, 2021
Good card to have for building credit.

Applied for the card got it in about 3 weeks and didn't have any issues my line will double in 7 months so looking forward to that. I don't know about the people who never got their card maybe they didn't put the correct address or information. The company seems pretty legit. I mean you can't complain when you are getting a secured card it's not their fault your credit is bad. They gave me a chance and I appreciate it.

Dec 13, 2020
Took my deposit

I would not recommend to anyone they took my 200.00 deposit reported it to my credit bureau showing I had a credit card with them it's been 3 months still no card and no answers to why I haven't got a card.have not reimbursed my bank..just nothing has been done at all to help me

Nov 11, 2022
Don't mKe a mistake, unforgiving

My limit was supposed to double after 6-8months of on-time payments. The month before my final payment to meet this criteria, my payment returned. Alot of new things were going on personally--an abrupt housing change and car issues--but I had never missed a payment prior to this one. Merrick immediately closed my account. Their customer service team offered no recourse to help me balance out the mishap. It would have been a tremendous help to still have access to the account during this time. So for that reason, I will not do business with them in the future.

Sep 23, 2022
No customer service (out of country call center)

I tried calling numbers times to dispute a charge and the person could not even speak English. Customer service is nonexistent! Also, take over a week for payment to post and credit reflected. I do not recommend this company.

Sep 11, 2022
Cool

Awesome

Aug 04, 2022
Applied and they did a HARD credit pull...

According to Credit Karma, my odds for obtaining this card were excellent. I went through the application process and Merrick did a HARD P?ULL on my credit report... never heard back from them! DO NOT APPLY FOR A MERRICK BANK CARD!! You will hear the ding of your credit score dropping with their worthless HARD CREDIT PULL!!

Aug 04, 2022
Horrible company

Out of work due to COVID then paid card off in a couple months and they told me my credit was good with them then they closed my account.The only credit card that did this they are horrible.

Jul 16, 2022
They do not double your limit

I've been a customer for about 9 months now. Secure CC. I opted for company specifically because of the offer to double my limit. Just got off the line with a supervisor that says they can not/ will not double my limit because they don't see that offer/promo on my application. They say this as I'm actively looking at the promotion via credit karma offers and their own website. 2nd issue is they change due date/ closing dates without giving you notification. My due date for 8 months was the 24th/25th and close/ reporting date 28th/29th. Last month they reported my balance on the 15th randomly and caught me at 90% percent utilization. I always pay down to 0 balance by reporting date. 50 pts drop on credit score. 3rd issue. App and online options are not reliable and timely. You'll get payment posted emails and txt and then find later on it was not processed. Why do I have to babysit a payment for 3-5 days to make sure it's actually processed. At the end of the day if your options are limited, get the card but don't expect a limit double. They will lie when it's time for them to uphold their end of the deal. Monitor your account closely every month to ensure your payments actually process. Charge less than 30% to ensure if any reporting date changes happen you are not caught at a high utilization. Oh and customer service... be prepared to explain your issue 10 times to different agents and calls randomly dropping after waiting 30 mins in queue.

Jun 09, 2022
Pretty good card.

I’ve had this card for 3 months now, no issues with my application process and I remember the card taking a little bit of time to get to my box. Other than that, no issues with card, payments and the like.

Jun 01, 2022
Don’t do it!

I applied for a secure credit card. Paid the deposit from my bank card. They declined my application after the took the deposit. I called and was advised that the deposit will be sent via check in 30 days. This all happened within 10 minutes. I am going to try to dispute the charge with my bank.

Feb 10, 2022
Great card so far

Had the card 6 months made all my payments on time. I’ll write another review after they double my credit limit and let you guys know.

Sep 19, 2021
Decent card

I actually got approved for an unsecured Double My Line card from Merrick bank. Initially was denied online but then it showed up as a open account on my Credit report. I got my PIN number mailed to me 3 weeks later but no card came, I called and they cancelled the first card and sent a new one, it arrived 10 days later. So for those who "didn't get their card" just call them and let them know and ask them to cancel it and send a new one. Seems like they have a problem getting the cards mailed out. I like their mobile app, its user friendly. Looking forward to using this card regualrly