3.5

Jan 21, 2021
Good card to have for building credit.

Applied for the card got it in about 3 weeks and didn't have any issues my line will double in 7 months so looking forward to that. I don't know about the people who never got their card maybe they didn't put the correct address or information. The company seems pretty legit. I mean you can't complain when you are getting a secured card it's not their fault your credit is bad. They gave me a chance and I appreciate it.

Dec 13, 2020
Took my deposit

I would not recommend to anyone they took my 200.00 deposit reported it to my credit bureau showing I had a credit card with them it's been 3 months still no card and no answers to why I haven't got a card.have not reimbursed my bank..just nothing has been done at all to help me

Jun 09, 2022
Pretty good card.

I’ve had this card for 3 months now, no issues with my application process and I remember the card taking a little bit of time to get to my box. Other than that, no issues with card, payments and the like.

Jun 01, 2022
Don’t do it!

I applied for a secure credit card. Paid the deposit from my bank card. They declined my application after the took the deposit. I called and was advised that the deposit will be sent via check in 30 days. This all happened within 10 minutes. I am going to try to dispute the charge with my bank.

Feb 10, 2022
Great card so far

Had the card 6 months made all my payments on time. I’ll write another review after they double my credit limit and let you guys know.

Sep 19, 2021
Decent card

I actually got approved for an unsecured Double My Line card from Merrick bank. Initially was denied online but then it showed up as a open account on my Credit report. I got my PIN number mailed to me 3 weeks later but no card came, I called and they cancelled the first card and sent a new one, it arrived 10 days later. So for those who "didn't get their card" just call them and let them know and ask them to cancel it and send a new one. Seems like they have a problem getting the cards mailed out. I like their mobile app, its user friendly. Looking forward to using this card regualrly

Sep 11, 2021
Very good for people with bad/fair credit

It took no time more or less than I was told that my card would be on its way all you gotta do is make your timely payments don’t go over your limit and you will see your credit rise

Aug 16, 2021
Offer limited means of paying

They only offer to pay with your bank account number or money order. They do not offer or let you pay with a card online or by phone. Give away your bank info or old school mail it in. They are not reporting every month nor accuratly.

Aug 05, 2021
So far so good

CK advise me to apply for this card. I did and got approved and my score went up by 80points I was so surprised. I never had a credit score over 600 let alone close to 700 because of this card I’m at 674. It’s been a week and haven’t received the card yet. So I can’t wait to get my score to place where I can buy a house.

Jul 22, 2021
Merrick secured

I’ve had this card almost 2 years and been at the same 300 i started with i have had 1 late payment in that time during the pandemic.. i called twice and was told the only way to get a increase is to give more of my own money.

Jul 19, 2021
Absolutely Wonderful

Wonderful card & customer service ! Low credit ? Rebuilding credit ? What are you waiting for, give Merrick a try - yes there's an annual fee but they give high credit limits, help you rebuild your credit & even increase your credit limit with responsible use of card. I honestly don't know how other ppl are complaining

Jun 15, 2021
Waste of time

Applied for this card and they requested a copy of a bill and ID, but had to send it via fax or snail mail…how outdated. Then nothing until 2 weeks later when they called and left me a message to return their call. I called numerous times but was stuck in cue for at least 20 mins before I hung up. Finally got through today and was informed that 30 days since I applied passed, so it was denied and was asked to reapply. I refused to reapply and have another inquiry on my credit report. Bad business practice and antiquated.