Shared Secure Loan Vs Secured Credit Card Vs Unsecured Credit Card
Can someone maybe explain the differences and tell me which would be the best option for my situation? First of all, I've never had any revolving credit and I'm being told that this is why my credit score is so low. I would like to have my score up to at least 620 within 6 months if it's possible. My mid score is 561. I have 1 auto loan open now. I have had 6 different installments on my credit in the last 8 years that are paid in good standing. I have 6 derogatory marks on my credit report (5 of which are medical and one is comcast bill from 2007). I have had 3 late payments on installments in the past 2 years (due to medical emergencies). I have been told that I don't have bad credit, I just haven't established enough different types of credit. I have also been told that medical collections don't impact my credit enough to drastically lower my score and the comcast bill is too old to worry about so don't worry about paying them. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks