Secured Credit Card Charge/Write-Off
This is nuts. My wife and I both had Secured Credit cards from Capital Bank (SkyBank). Our emails for those cards were via a website we owned on the hosting server. You had to login and check mail there through what is know as the CPanel, we didn't have the mail forwarded. At the time it was more secure. We had over 20 sites and didn't renew them and the hosting account was canceled.

At the time SkyBank - Capital Bank was busy changing their web site and we couldn't access it. So between our canceling the hosting - the email was no longer available and being unable to access SkyBank's site we called.

Long story short we got behind $150 each, never were able to get the login information straight, even with phone calls. Honest, I couldn't make this stuff up.

We were on paperless statements so we didn't have records. One more thing - silly me had shredded the cards because I was going to pay off both cards and get our money back.

They charged/wrote off both accounts. I contacted them at three difference addresses and finally got a response from one in PA. A form letter telling me it was my account and it's written off. I already knew that, I was writing to get a statement, pay them off and also attempting to resolve the credit issue on our reports. After several letters I was told the issue is settled, they will not remove the ding although I paid. Now the credit reports state they were paid P&L write-offs.

Remember - this was OUR money, so-called secured cards. So they ran up fees past our limits then wrote them off in a matter of months. Good-bye, don't cry.

Is there anything we can do to get this removed? Write to the bureaus I suppose, SkyBank won't move.

Thanks for reading. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Write to the credit bureaus reporting the charge offs. Ask them to check the validity of the debt or claim.  They have to present the bureaus with proof that you guys racked up legit charges. Also I would file a report to the BBB explaining how you could not get in contact with anyone within the company to pay down the debt. That explaination may be a little hard to believe being that technology is so far advanced nowadays.......