Question

MarieScrews

I have a credit line through Bill Me Later. Why does it not show up on my credit report?
I got approved for a line of credit a few months ago through Bill Me Later and I have made purchases and paid them off faithfully, but none of this shows on my credit report. Why is this?

On the flip side....

The benefit to that is you can run up the credit card and it won't show on your credit report, good for if you are trying to get a mortgage and lenders add up all minimum payments to figure your debt to income ratio.

Most Helpful Response

...

Yeah, Bill Me Later is just a credit service through PayPal. I had an account for 2 years with NO payment history ever reported. PayPal has "Smart Connect," which is their "online credit card" that does report to all credit bureaus. See if you can get one of those accounts. Not hard to get. I'm sure Bill Me Later will report if you don't pay them back...

i opened a bill me later account thinking I could help my credit, and I found that they do not report to the credit bureaus at all on your payment history. I figured that they could only hurt your credit by having. So I paid off the ballance and canceled all to figuring that I would only use credit to help build credit

Thanks everybody

I appreciate all of you getting to my question so fast.

You're the best! 

I have had a bill me later account since last November. My limit is only $500 but I am at that limit and are one payment past due...I can infiltrators to make a $25 payment each month due to my other bills, but I checked my credit report at www.creditkarma ans it is absolutely free, no credit card required ,just your ss#. However, it o lynch lists your transition scope  but I was told that is your highest score out of the three. Bill me later has yet to report me being past due an  it's been past due for about 4 months.