Cash back credit cards are a great way to earn cash back with your purchases. Like rewards cards, these cards are most beneficial when you don't carry a monthly balance. The typical cash back rate is 1%, although some cash back credit cards offer a higher percentage for everyday purchases like groceries and gas. The pitfall to avoid is getting a cash back card when you carry a monthly balance since these cards often have a higher interest rate. Below are some of our favorite cash back credit cards.
Recommended Just For You
- Fair. No annual fee. No overlimit fee. No foreign transaction fee. Plus, pay up to midnight ET online or by phone on your due date without a fee. No late fee on your first late payment. And paying late won’t raise your APR.*
- Generous. 5% cash back at Home Improvement Stores, Furniture Stores and Bed Bath & Beyond® on up to $1,500 in purchases from April through June 2014.*
- Human. 100% U.S.-based customer service available any time.
- Safe. Because you’re never responsible for unauthorized charges with our $0 Fraud Liability Guarantee.
- Plus, free FICO® Credit Score on your monthly statement to help you stay on top of your credit.*
- 0% Intro APR* on purchases and balance transfers for 14 months. Then the variable purchase APR applies, currently 10.99% - 22.99%. A fee of 3% applies for each balance transferred.
- *Click "Apply" to see rates, rewards, and free FICO® Credit Score terms and other information.
- No annual fee
- 0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for 14 months
- Need excellent credit
The new Discover it® card is a great choice for consumers searching for a quality card that offers both low interest rates and cash back rewards. Cardholders enjoy 0% intro APR for up to 14 months on both purchases and balance transfers. After the intro period, the interest rate ranges from 10.99% to 22.99%. Cardholders also receive 5% cash back in revolving categories like travel, gas, groceries and more.
In addition to the low interest rates and rewards, cardholders can rest assured that they’ll never have to pay for unauthorized purchases thanks to the $0 fraud liability guarantee. Discover also offers 100% U.S.-based service for any time you need to talk to a real customer service representative.
With no annual fee, overlimit fee, or foreign transaction fee, the Discover it® card will change the way you think about credit cards.
Credit Score Approval Data †
|711||Average credit score approved for this card †||676||Lowest credit score approved for this card †|
- Earn a $100 Bonus after you make $500 in purchases in your first 3 months from account opening
- Earn a $25 Bonus after you add your first authorized user and make a purchase within this same 3-month period
- 0% Intro APR for 15 months on purchases and balance transfers. After the intro period, a variable APR of 13.99%-22.99%.
- 5% Cash Back on up to $1,500 in combined purchases between April 1 and June 30, 2014 at restaurants and Lowe's® home improvement stores
- You'll enjoy new 5% categories every 3 months like gas stations, restaurants and Amazon.com. It's free and easy to activate your bonus each quarter!
- Unlimited 1% Cash Back on all other purchases
- No annual fee and rewards never expire
- $100 cash back when you make $500 in purchases
- No Annual Fee
- Need good credit
There are many reasons why the Chase Freedom card is one of the most popular credit cards on Credit Karma. This card features a cash back program that includes 1% cash back on every purchase, as well as a standout 5% cash back in bonus categories like gas or groceries, which change every quarter so you are never locked into a single category.
Cardholders also enjoy a $100 bonus cashback after making $500 in purchases in the first 3 months and that’s just the start of the savings opportunities. In addition to the cash back rewards, the Chase Freedom card offers a generous 0% introductory APR on both purchases and balance transfers and no annual fee!
When all is said and done, it's the great cash back rewards and low interest rates that make the Chase Freedom card one of the best, well-rounded cards for good credit consumers.
Credit Score Approval Data †
|696||Average credit score approved for this card †||643||Lowest credit score approved for this card †|
Additional Cash Back Credit Cards
- No annual fee
- Earn 2 points per $1 on gas, grocery, and utility purchases and 1 point per $1 everywhere else
- Use the points you earn like cash to pay for almost any purchases you've made.
- No blackout date, no redemption fees, no limit on the points you can earn and no complicated set up.
- Reports to all 3 major credit bureaus monthly providing you the opportunity to rebuild your credit score
- Complimentary FICO® Scores as a benefit to active cardmembers. Opt-in to have instant and convenient access to FICO® Scores from your Barclaycard online account.
- Get 50 Reward Dollars, redeemable for a $50 statement credit, after you make $1,000 in purchases with your new Card in the first three months.
- Plus, get one year of Amazon Prime after you sign up for a new membership with your Card and meet the spending requirement in the same time period.
- As an Amazon Prime member, you get unlimited FREE Two-Day Shipping on millions of items.
- Earn Cash Back: 3% at US supermarkets, up to $6,000 per year in purchases, 2% at US gas stations & select US dept stores, 1% on other purchases. Terms and limitations apply.
- Cash back is received in the form of Reward Dollars that can be redeemed as a statement credit.
- 0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for 15 months, then a variable rate, currently 12.99% to 21.99%, based on your creditworthiness and other factors.
- Terms and Restrictions Apply.