Question

140lvc9

Will cancelling Amex Platinum affect credit score. Card has no listed limit
I no longer have use for my Amex Platinum. I do not want to pay the $450 membership fee. If I cancel card will it affect my credit ? The card has no listed limit and does not seem to count towards my amount of total credit available

The Amex Platinum Card...

Your Right,  The "No limit" doesn't count toward your available credit because it is NOT a credit card.  It is a charge card and the balance is due every month.  

Will it hurt your score to close it? In the short run you might take a small hit to your score, But I don't think the $450/yr fee to have it is worth it.  That type of card is designed primarily as a Corporate card (hense no effect on your available credit)  So unless you use it for a lot of business travel or expenses you really don't need it.  I would call Amex directly and ask if they will convert this card to one of their new Cash Blue or Cash Blue Preffered cards, That way You won't have a new inquiry to your credit report and shouldn't show a closed account, It would just be converted.  

Hope that helps 

Good Luck