Question

KyozD

Will Amex approve me for a good charge card?
I currently have an Exp Fico of 660, less then 9% overall utilization spread across 4 cards. Now the bad... I had defaulted on my student loans and the history is still there from 1 year 6 month ago showing last missed/late payment. But 4 months ago I consolidated all the loans into one and have been making on time payments for the last 4 months. Also, I have a released tax lien from 2010 that was paid june 2015.. So my question is do I have a chance? Is my goal realistic? Or I will have to wait another 6 years to even touch and Amex. :( I'd appreciate all of your honest opinions. Thanks.

The high 600's is the minimum Amex accepts from my research for the basic green card. Their reward cards generally require a minimum of 720. On the Amex website you can take a pre-qualification quiz without affecting your credit score. Hope this helps.