Question

jazzfun

What is the point of having the AMEX card?
I don't get a point of having the AMEX card (any of them)
Their fees are pretty high, the car insurance options a lot worse than what does visa or master card suggests.

Try to pay with AMEX in Europe or anywhere outside the US. They always have foreign transaction fees, etc.
Is it just a status or what? I seriously don't understand "everyone's" desire to get the AMEX card :)

I was trying to compare their cards with Chase ones and I find the Case cards to be a lot better.

To be more precise: I was comparing AMEX Gold and Chase Preferred (the fee one)

Thanks for reading.

the credit line

The credit line is why you want the AMEX. My credit is rather poor but I am now an authorized signer for an AMEX with no credit limit. Have all the other cards and they all cap out credit at around $50,000, but AMEX approved for no limit.