Question

Radhikasnathan

i have Amex gold i want to close it and open a new amex blue cash card can you please advice
I have an Amex gold credit card for past 3 years of my credit history.
I want to close this card and get American express blue cash. My only question is will it affect my credit history or score if i closeone and open another one almost immediately?

Most Helpful Response

Do Not Close your current amex card as it will shorten your credit history and available credit that is important to have for lenders to see do apply for the amex blue cash one but retain your current one as it is more valuable to you to retain it.