In a NutshellThe Total Rewards® Visa® Credit Card has no annual fee and offers a sign-up bonus of 10,000 reward credits if you spend $750 on purchases outside of a Total Rewards location in the first 90 days of being approved.
The Total Rewards® Visa® Credit Card is no longer available. For other options, check out our list of the best hotel credit cards with no annual fee.
If you’re a member of the Caesars Entertainment Total Rewards® program and are looking for ways to boost your rewards both in and out of the casino, the Total Rewards® Visa® Credit Card is worth considering.
Even if you don’t have plans to visit Las Vegas in the near future, there are almost 40 participating resorts and casinos in the U.S. and Canada where the Total Rewards® Visa® Credit Card could help offset your stay. This includes Harrah’s, Caesars and Horseshoe locations.
What we like
- The rundown: Everything we like about the Total Rewards® Visa® Credit Card
- Heads up: What you should consider before applying for the Total Rewards® Visa® Credit Card
- Do the math: How to get the most out of the Total Rewards® Visa® Credit Card
- Bottom line: Is the Total Rewards® Visa® Credit Card right for you?
The Total Rewards® Visa® Credit Card earns you reward credits that you can use to comp your hotel, food and entertainment purchases at participating Total Rewards locations. With your everyday spending, you’ll earn reward credits that you can put toward your next trip to a Total Rewards location, and you’ll get an extra boost on your earnings when you spend inside Total Rewards resorts and casinos.
Here’s a breakdown of the rewards you can earn.
- 5 reward credits for every $1 spent inside Total Rewards resorts and casinos and on tickets purchased through TR Live Events
- 2 reward credits for every $1 spent on gas, groceries and airline purchases
- 1 reward credit for every $1 spent on everything else
There’s also a chance to rack up the reward credits with a sign-up bonus. You can earn 10,000 reward credits after you use the Total Rewards® Visa® Credit Card outside of a Total Rewards resort or casino and spend $750 within the first 90 days of being approved for the card.
Heads up: What you should consider before applying for the Total Rewards® Visa® Credit Card
Currently, Total Rewards casino and resort locations are found in only 13 states, plus one location in Ontario, Canada. To really maximize your reward credits earning potential, you’ll need to spend in Total Rewards locations. If you don’t live close to one or aren’t planning a trip, it may not make sense for you to get this card.
On top of that, your rewards can expire unless you earn one reward credit at least once every six months.
Also, the variable APR for purchases can range from 15.24% to 24.24%. Pay off the full balance of the card by the due date each month to avoid paying interest charges.
A major perk of the Total Rewards® Visa® Credit Card is the opportunity to boost your Total Rewards membership status.
The Total Rewards® program has four tiers, determined by the tier credits you earn each year.
- Gold: 0+ tier credits
- Platinum: 5,000+ tier credits
- Diamond: 15,000+ tier credits
- Seven Stars®: 150,000+ tier credits
Tier credits are different from rewards credits and are earned when you gamble, shop, eat and stay at participating Total Rewards locations. Each tier comes with more perks.
If you have Gold status, you can really maximize the Total Rewards® Visa® Credit Card by making your first purchase in the first 90 days of approval. This will get you upgraded to Platinum. Here’s what you’ll enjoy with Platinum status.
- A complimentary stay at Atlantis, Paradise Island in the Bahamas
- A 15% discount at participating spas and gift shops within casinos
- Preferred pricing at participating Total Rewards restaurants
- Exclusive presale access for certain shows
- Complimentary valet and self-parking at various Total Rewards destinations, including Las Vegas and Atlantic City
You’ll keep your Platinum status for the rest of the year that you upgraded for it. To keep up your Platinum status for the following year, you’ll need to spend $5,000 at Total Rewards locations in the current calendar year to qualify.
If you’re already a Platinum, Diamond or Seven Stars® member, the Total Rewards® Visa® Credit Card is a little less enticing. You’ll receive a one-time buffet pass when you make your first purchase with your new card in the first 90 days of approval.
Total Rewards members of any status can benefit from another one of the card’s perks, though: Spend $10,000 in a calendar year and you’ll qualify for the VIP Access Pass. That’ll get you VIP line access to restaurants, taxis, clubs, pools and more across Total Rewards Las Vegas locations.
If you’re a Total Rewards member and can maximize your spending in the 5x category, it could be worth it for you to get the Total Rewards® Visa® Credit Card. But if you don’t find yourself at a Total Rewards location that often, it may not be worth applying for.