This offer is no longer available on our site: Oportun® Visa® Credit Card
- No credit history required
- Can help establish credit
- Credit line up to $1,000
- High APR
- No rewards program
The Oportun® Visa® Credit Card: A plain card with potential
No credit history required
If you’ve never borrowed money or taken out credit before, it can be difficult to qualify for a credit card because lenders don’t have a way to check how you’ve managed debt in the past. Oportun will check your credit reports when you apply.
But Oportun doesn’t require applicants to have a credit history to qualify for the card. This can be helpful if you’ve been locked out of credit in the past because of a limited credit history.
Credit line up to $1,000
Oportun says you’ll have a credit limit of up to $1,000, depending on the information you provide on your application.
High APR range
The Oportun® Visa® Credit Card has a variable purchase APR of 29.9%, which is on the high end when compared to other credit cards. Late payments will cost you up to $35, too.
What else to know about the Oportun® Visa® Credit Card
Here’s some more information about the Oportun® Visa® Credit Card that you may want to consider.
- Ability to prequalify — You can check to see if you qualify for the card without affecting your credit scores.
- No rewards program — This card doesn’t offer points or cash back for making purchases.
- Not available in all states — Check to see if the card is available in your state before applying.
- Flexible payment options — Cardholders can make payments online, over the phone, by mail or in person using cash at any MoneyGram location.
- Bilingual customer service — Need help? Oportun offers customer support in both English and Spanish.
Who this card is good for
The Oportun® Visa® Credit Card might be a good fit for people with limited or no credit history. And since your payment history will be reported to the major credit bureaus, having this card and keeping it in good standing can help you establish positive credit. But to apply for the Oportun® Visa® Credit Card, you’ll have to live in a state where it’s offered and be willing to pay a higher APR.
Not sure this is the card for you? Consider these alternatives.
- Credit One Bank® Platinum Visa® for Rebuilding Credit: This card is good for people who want to earn rewards on purchases like gas and groceries.
- First Progress Platinum Prestige Mastercard® Secured Credit Card: You may be approved for this credit card even if you don’t have a credit history.
- Petal® 1 Visa® Credit Card: This card offers a higher potential credit limit.