Airline credit cards are a popular type of rewards card suited for frequent flyers, business travelers and all-around jet-setters. These cards are designed to rack up airline miles quickly every time you spend, and are redeemable for flights on a specific airline or as points to apply to any ticket purchase. Airline cards often come with bonus miles to build up to your first flight sooner.
These rewards cards are recommended only if you pay off your balance in full every month. They tend to have a higher interest rate, which means you'll be paying many times over in interest for the airline miles you accumulate. While airline credit cards could save you lots of money if you travel frequently, be smart and only apply if you are a responsible cardholder.
Recommended Just For You
- 10,000 bonus points when you spend $500 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening that's $100 in travel rewards when you redeem through Chase Ultimate RewardsSM!
- 2,500 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- 2X points on dining at restaurants and 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases
- Points never expire and there are no limits on how many points you can earn
- Redeem points for travel, gift cards, merchandise, cash back and more
- Earn an additional point per dollar spent when you book airfare and hotel accommodations online through Chase Ultimate RewardsSM
- 24/7 direct access to dedicated customer service specialists
- No Annual Fee!
- No annual fee
- Double points for airfare booked through Chase program
- Excellent credit needed
The Chase Sapphire Credit Card is one of the highest-rated airline and travel rewards credit cards available for high-spending, excellent credit consumers, and for good reason. Chase Sapphire is designed specifically for big spenders who want to earn maximum travel rewards, and offers double points for airfare booked through Chase’s Ultimate Rewards program. Cardholders also earn 1 point for every dollar spent on all purchases. Points are refreshingly unrestricted, with no limits, no expiration, and can be redeemed for travel, gift cards, merchandise, cash back, and more. A bonus feature to put jet setters and high rollers at ease is Chase’s premier travel and purchase protection benefits, including a dedicated 24/7 live service representatives who will assist cardholders with their needs.
This is an airlines card to be envied, especially because it has no annual fee and offers $100 in bonus rewards -- or 10,000 points -- after spending $500 in your first three months. If you want an airline and travel rewards card to maximize rewards on your high-spending habits, Chase Sapphire is the first card you should consider to take with you anywhere.
Credit Score Approval Data †
|727||Average credit score approved for this card †||664||Lowest credit score approved for this card †|
- Welcome Bonus: Earn 7,500 Bonus Points after you use your new Card to make $1,000 in purchases within the first 3 months.
- Unlimited Travel Options: Every 7,500 points that you earn can be redeemed for a $100 statement credit toward any airline ticket, any hotel stay, car rental or cruise.
- Flexible Ways to Earn: earn 1 point for virtually every dollar you spend on eligible purchases.
- Flexible Bill Payments: pay your bill all at once or over time.
- No annual fee,0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for 15 months, then a variable rate, currently 17.24%- 22.24%.
- Terms and Restrictions Apply.
- No Annual Fee
- 0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for 15 months
- Foreign transaction fee
The Blue Sky from American Express® is the great choice for excellent credit consumers looking to earn travel rewards. Cardholders earn 1 point for every dollar you spend on purchases. This card also offers a bonus of 7,500 points after $1,000 in purchases in the first 3 months.
In addition to the generous rewards, the Blue Sky from American Express® also has money-saving benefits including 0% introductory APR on purchases and balance transfers for 15 months and no annual fee. With unlimited travel options and no blackout dates, the Blue Sky from American Express® is a great travel card that combines rewards with valuable savings.
Credit Score Approval Data †
|710||Average credit score approved for this card †||657||Lowest credit score approved for this card †|
Additional Airline Credit Cards
- Start by earning 20,000 bonus miles when you make $1,000 or more in purchases in the first 90 days from account opening. 20,000 bonus miles equates to $200 off your next trip!
- 0% introductory APR on balance transfers and purchases for the first 12 months after account opening. After that, variable APR, currently 14.99% or 18.99%, based upon your creditworthiness.
- Earn 2X miles on travel and dining purchases
- Earn 1X miles on all other purchases
- No mileage caps or foreign transaction fees
- Get 10% miles back when you redeem for travel (i.e. redeem 25,000 miles for travel and get 2,500 miles back)
- Use miles for a statement credit toward any airline purchase to any destination with no seat restrictions and no blackout dates
- Easily redeem your miles for statement credits toward flights, cruises, car rentals, hotels and more
- Complimentary one year subscription of TripIt Pro mobile travel organizer – a $49 value
- Complimentary FICO® Scores as a benefit to active cardmembers. Opt-in to have instant and convenient access to FICO® Scores from your Barclaycard online account.
- Start with 30,000 bonus miles after you spend $1,000 in the first 3 months
- Check your first bag for free - save up to $100 per roundtrip
- Enjoy priority boarding privileges and visit the United Club with two one-time-use passes every year
- No foreign transaction fees!
- Earn double miles on United ticket purchases, and 1 mile per $1 on all other purchases
- Your miles don’t expire as long as you’re a Cardmember, with no limit to the number of miles you can earn
- Use your miles for any seat, any time, on any United flight
- $0 intro annual fee for the first year, then $95
- Earn unlimited 2X miles on every purchase, every day
- Enjoy a one-time bonus of 20,000 miles once you spend $2,000 on purchases within the first 3 months, equal to $200 in travel
- Fly any airline, stay at any hotel, anytime
- Travel when you want - no blackout dates
- Miles don’t expire
- No limit to the miles you can earn
- No foreign transaction fees
- No annual fee for the first year; $59 after that