3.6

May 30, 2018
Great Card for Miles

I applied for this card despite Credit Karma saying my odds were not great. My TU Score was 681 and my Experian was 709, and I was approved with a credit limit of $8,500. I'm disappointed that it does not earn Elite Qualifying Dollars like the Aviator card does, but I am happy with the fact the annual fee is waived the first year and with the 60k bonus miles after the first $3,000 spent.

Aug 02, 2019
From 5 stars to 2 stars...

This was a 5 star card until September 22, 2019 when almost all benefits are going to be slashed by Citi. This card had soooo many benefits, car rental insurance, 90 day return protection, citi price rewind, baggage insurance protection, emergency travel protection, roadside assistance and more... all gone. I used to advocate for this card every time someone asked me for recommendations... now, I don't know.. Citi always had my back for any charges of subscriptions or canceled services, they sometimes issue a credit right away. They're flexible and I've never had 1 complaint, until they slashed these rewards. For a cheap annual fee of $99 (which increased from $95) solely based on baggage fees, is worth it. It pays itself off if you travel 2 times a year or with others (their bags are free if they're on your booking) I always had peace of mind traveling, but now I feel vulnerable.

May 19, 2022
Best of the best.

I paid for 2 trips and my 3rd one was free with Miles. Best domestic travel credit card ever.

May 15, 2022
Garbage

Horrible customer service and communication. I refinanced my home for 1.2 million and zeroed out my balance, was never late for a payment in 12 years and have an 800 plus credit score. They reduced my credit limit to 500 dollars with a mid-six figure income. Their sky miles are useless, unless you want to overpay by 3x normal rates. Not worth it, you are better off finding a card with true benefits. Not upset, just moving on as you should.

Apr 18, 2022
Traveling

This company has poor customer service. If I could go back and use a different service I would

Dec 13, 2021
5 stars until yesterday.

This was my go-to card for the last 2 years. I average $2k - $3k per month, never carrying a balance. My son is an authorized user, and buys food and gas. Same stations, same places for 2 years. On a very cold, blustery day, I am getting gas at a Sam’s club. Card declined. I used another card. I get a notice that they are looking at suspicious charges. $6 on Amazon, where I probably have 6 - 10 purchases per month. Gas at the station for $44 where my son always gets gas. An authorization at a Sam’s club. For the sake of $50, I took the card out of my wallet. It’s not my primary card any more.

Aug 13, 2021
My first CITI card!

My chance of approval is poor, I got instantly approved for $7600 limit, my EU 748, Equifax 746 and Experian 721. I have 2 bank of america cards, they are very generous, 1 with $13K limit, the other is $9800 limit.

Jun 27, 2021
Points expired/no notice

This card/reward program out there. I actually feel ripped-off. I got the card for the reward miles obviously. Made the payment and purchases. Then the pandemic hits and they: 1. Took all my 60,000 reward miles 2. I literally could NOT talk to a human at American Airlines for an entire week as “the call volume was very high” and they “will have a customer care rep call you back in 2-4 hours”. Yes. Really. 3. Once someone called me back, they had no idea how to solve my issue, but wait, I will connect you with someone who can. Then, I got disconnected. 4. Repeat 1-3 again 5. Caught some who dod look at my rewards and oop, nope. They expired. It’s a crap heap.

Oct 27, 2020
Nice Card

A good card for miles if you use American Airlines. Earning miles for every purchase is nice, plus some perks for just being a cardholder. I personally don't use the card much because I get better perks from another card. For those that use AA a lot this card is a must.

May 24, 2020
rewards are puny

Not happy with the rewards at all. I expected to earn miles. Even with flights I did not earn miles. Rediculous.

Aug 02, 2019
From 5 stars to 2 stars...

Jul 15, 2019
Not bad but not great..

If you're an avid AA flyer this card is for you, the starting bonus of 60k is really nice and the miles can be used for upgrades or flights. The free checked bag is great and being in group 5 each time you fly once again its not bad but not great. $95 dollar annual fee as well, this card is honestly for the American Airlines avid traveler.