Great for American Airlines perks††

$0 intro then $99 after first year

3.7

All reviews

Mar 17, 2021
I Want My 50,000 Bonus Miles!!

Got this card in 8/20 because of the promotion. The promotion was spent $2500 in 90 days a get 50,000 miles. Here we are 3/21 and no miles. The current promotion is still the same 7 months later. When I called customer service, I was told that the promotion was spend $3,000 and get 60,000. After talking to 3 representatives and about an hour on the phone, I have no bonus miles because they said I was $300 short of the $3000. I'm purging credits cards right now. Just sent in a payment to bring my balance to $0. Wanna take a guess which card is circling the drain? A decent travel card; just think I got duped out of my miles which was the only reason I signed up.

Oct 27, 2020
Nice Card

A good card for miles if you use American Airlines. Earning miles for every purchase is nice, plus some perks for just being a cardholder. I personally don't use the card much because I get better perks from another card. For those that use AA a lot this card is a must.

May 24, 2020
rewards are puny

Not happy with the rewards at all. I expected to earn miles. Even with flights I did not earn miles. Rediculous.

Aug 02, 2019
From 5 stars to 2 stars...

This was a 5 star card until September 22, 2019 when almost all benefits are going to be slashed by Citi. This card had soooo many benefits, car rental insurance, 90 day return protection, citi price rewind, baggage insurance protection, emergency travel protection, roadside assistance and more... all gone. I used to advocate for this card every time someone asked me for recommendations... now, I don't know.. Citi always had my back for any charges of subscriptions or canceled services, they sometimes issue a credit right away. They're flexible and I've never had 1 complaint, until they slashed these rewards. For a cheap annual fee of $99 (which increased from $95) solely based on baggage fees, is worth it. It pays itself off if you travel 2 times a year or with others (their bags are free if they're on your booking) I always had peace of mind traveling, but now I feel vulnerable.

Jul 15, 2019
Not bad but not great..

If you're an avid AA flyer this card is for you, the starting bonus of 60k is really nice and the miles can be used for upgrades or flights. The free checked bag is great and being in group 5 each time you fly once again its not bad but not great. $95 dollar annual fee as well, this card is honestly for the American Airlines avid traveler.

Jul 13, 2019
Good First ???Travel??? Card

I've had this for over a year and this has definitely allowed me to get more and better credit cards. I also now have enough miles to get round trip to Australia for free.

Jun 10, 2019
Horrible

I applied for this card strictly for the points. I have excellent credit (825+), no missed payments and a 2% utilization rate on other cards. I have no debt - car loans are paid and I've never carried a card balance. Regardless my application was declined. When I called to ask why they extremely rude and never answered me. I applied for a Capital One Venture card right after and was approved with a $20,000 limit. Forget Citi!!

Jan 29, 2019

This card is not worth it at all. You don't even get free checked bag on international flights. Like Mexico. America airlines sucks for this. This card gives you no status with America ether. I will be canceling my card, no reason to keep it.

Nov 21, 2018
What is CITI does? bad service

1500 limit, 761 pay and security alert. Thats fine. Calling and cannot verify me, have to have another phone, no I don't. Then tell me it will call me back again for check. ?????????? Never meet this for Chase, Amex, Barclays and 700 stuck with 1500 limit? Come on, you don't even want me to buy a 800 tickit if I travel international? What is the card? Foody card?

Oct 06, 2018
Citi Bank will ruin your credit

They have a payment policy that makes it where they can apply your payment to whatever billing cycle they want. I made two separate payments on different days to essentially make an early payment and they applied the payment to only one billing cycle. When I called to try and have this remedied they refused, we're condescending and said, "this is how it's done in America". I'm from California lol

Great for American Airlines perks††