Credit Score
  • info This chart details the percent of cardholders that a credit score that currently falls within the given score ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average credit score across all holders of this card, every month, for the past year.
Credit Limit
  • info This chart details the percent of cardholders whose credit limit on this card currently falls within the given amount ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average credit limit of all holders of this card whose current credit score falls within the given score ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average credit limit of all holders of this card whose current age falls within the given age ranges.
  • info This chart details the percent of cardholders whose current balance on this card falls within the given amount ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average current balance for all holders of this card whose current credit score falls within the given score ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average current balance for all holders of this card whose current age falls within the given age ranges.
  • info This chart details the percent of cardholders whose current credit limit utilization for this card falls within the given utilization ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average credit limit utilization for all holders of this card whose current credit score falls within the given score ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average credit limit utilization for all holders of this card whose current age falls within the given age ranges.
60+ Days Past Due Status
  • info This chart displays the percent of holders of this card that were 60+ days past due for the given month for the past year.
  • info This chart displays the percent of holders of this card that are currently 60+ days past due and whose current credit score falls within the given score range.
  • info This chart displays the average amount that is 60+ days past due for holders whose current credit score falls within the given score range.
Age of Cardholder
  • info This chart details the percent of cardholders whose current age falls within the given age ranges.
Sample Size: 3,045
Data Created: October 01, 2013

49 Cardholder Reviews

Results 1-10 of 49Results per page: 5 | 10 | 25Page 1 of 5   Previous | Next

Had fair credit 620 applied for their secured card. Got approved for $300 C.L. Had the card only six months I paid my balance in full every month never going above 50% of my limit. They moved my credit limit to $500, and returned my secuirty deposit automaticly. Was very impressed.  One year after having the card they raised my C.L. to $1000.00 and allowed me to get there rewards card. With 1% cash back on everything 2% on grocery and 3% on gas.

I think I have figured it out. Always pay your balance in full I make payment 3 times a month. never late.  My credit score has gone up 100 points in just 1 year.  Never go above 50% of your C.L. When speaking to the rep on the BOA phone he said I make better payments then people with three times the limit.  Made my day. :)

LarisaLLJ's review was:

Jun 20, 2012 Reply

LarisaLLJ(4, 26)

Review by LarisaLLJ

I wish there was a no star rating for BOA......I just got done filling out an application for the 1%2%3% credit card. I only make money off the credit cards I have been using them collecting the rewards and pay off the card before interest and I thought the 123 Card would be great for that. I was instantly DENIED. I have a 739 fico score make about 120K+ a year and about 10K in CC debt and about 130K in available credit. I was so surprised that I had to call the recon number. I have never been denied credit in the last 2+ years but I was DENIED from BOA 3 and 4 and 5 years ago when my credit was a 640+ which I could understand. So I was sure that something was wrong with there system when I have a 739+ score. The rep was very hard to work with and very pushy when I started talking to her I said I have had my chase card (8000K limit) (710 score at time of app) Barclays carnival Card ($8,000 limit 690 Fico at time of app) discover card (9000K limit) (690 score at time of app) Navy FCU Credit Card (30K LIMIT) (695 score at time of app) Cap one, Hooters and HSBC all around 3K each (650 score at time of app) for about 2 years and the cap one hooters HSBC for about 7 years all paid on time every month and right now none of my cards have a balance except for my Navy FCU.. And you denied me credit????? She pulled my credit history and said there was 4 issues back in 2005. I told her yes that was 6 years ago I have proving myself to be well educated on using my cards for the last 6 years in a perfect manor. she put me on hold for like 10min and then came back in a mean tone becuase of the past history we can not extend credit. Are you serious??? I can go to any bank besides BOA and quilify for close to the best interest rate and any credit card and you can't even extend a $500 credit card? I just couldn't believe it. If you are looking for a bank to do business with and don't want to wait 10 years to get credit from due to a minor tardyness of 30 days more then 6 years ago go somewhere else. Bank of america not only has the worst customer service but the worst lending practices. I think they are geting smaller and are not able to lend like they used to. So as they drop in size they take as much as they can from the customers they do have. And don't lend a hand to new prospective customers. CREDIT UNIONS are the best and the reason I say that is because my highest credit limit is with navy FCU of 30K because they know my past 6 years has been perfect and becuase I know I can count on them that is were I put my 120K+ paycheck a year in. Don't go with BOA they are horrible I would go with any other bank like chase or Discover. HSBC not as much becuase there lending is weak as well but at least you can start with something.

pauly2221's review was:

Jan 30, 2012 Reply

pauly2221(27, 132)

Review by pauly2221

Top Contributor

You're full of crap and it makes me laugh. You can't even speak properly and you expect us to believe all of these magical things you say about yourself?  Please. I make 43k a year and have a 518 credit score and just got their 1,2,3% card to REBUILD my credit! That's exactly what it's for. But hey thanks for the laugh I needed it!

hevasx3's reply was:

Dec 18, 2013

hevasx3(1, 0)

Review by hevasx3

Watch the peripheral things related to your card if you go with Bank of America...I've had two cards with them for years and usually don't use them (for emergencies) but within the past few years, I've seen a ton of changes to the conditions on the cards.  Be especially careful with the timing of automatic payments as they once changed the billing cycle on me...then levied a late payment fee and jumped my interest all at once!  I paid off everything and haven't used it for the last 3 years because it seemed unfair.

karlrestall's review was:

May 23, 2012 Reply

karlrestall(4, 10)

Review by karlrestall

I had a credit card with bank of america since 2007 for 10,000. Since then i've racked up the card to the max and paid hundreds in interest.  As soon as it was empty i called to decrease my APR and they did, i was very happy, The same day the rep talked me into changing my card to a cash rewards. Six months later i got a letter about the $59 annual fee i wasn't told about, so i called and told them what happened they apologized and said they would convert my card back and delete the annual fee. I only get paperless statements and wasnt using the card so i never checked the account online but a new card came in so i assumed everything was okay and they fixed the problem. It wasnt until i checked my credit score that i saw i was 30 days past due!!!!! Never been past due on anything in my life... my credit score went down almost 100 points, I called them several time over the last 3 weeks and ive spoken to over 10 people in all different departments. Every time they said they were sorry and will take care of it, but as soon as i hung up the phone it was as if i hadn't even called, NOTHING WAS DONE!!! Just called today, hopefully for the LAST TIME, and the unhelpful girl on the phone said my only option is to close the account to erase all their mistakes. After 6 years of being a loyal customer this is what i got. I got dumped on over a $59 annual fee, thats sad.

Aug 21, 2012 Reply

BOA does not report deliquient payments to the credit bereau unless its 60 days or older. I am totally surprised they didn't just waive annual fee. Im curious as to what cash rewards card you have, as most have no annual fee at all.

simeon63's reply was:

Jul 27, 2013

simeon63(1, 0)

Review by simeon63

boa sucks Helpful to 2 out of 2 people

last year i had financial problems and got behind on my boa credit card payments icalled boa to make arrangements and was accepted into a repayment program and mailed me two confirmation letters boa charged off acct before first payment was ddue

Jan 15, 2013 Reply

I can't recommend this product. No rewards, terrible customer service.  There's no reason you should ever have this card (unless you can't get another one, for some reason).

lullg's review was:

Oct 09, 2010 Reply

lullg(8, 29)

Review by lullg

I like this card for the low APR and high credit line. I had my Bank of America card for 2 years. Its a good card if you have a fair credit score or your building up your credit (2 years ago I was new to credit) but not so great if you have a very good credit score or had credit for a long time when you could probably get a much better credit card with rewards/cash back card from AMEX or Discover.

tg101688's review was:

Oct 10, 2010 Reply

tg101688(418, 864)

Review by tg101688

Top Contributor

You won't like it so much when BOA arbitrarily reduces your credit line to the amount owed, as it did me, despite no late payments and perfect credit .  BOA sucks.

virgetta's reply was:

Oct 23, 2011

virgetta(4, 3)

Review by virgetta

Secured card review. Helpful to 1 out of 1 people

So like a lot of other stories you'll read on CK, I trashed my credit with a buch of ill managed credit cards in my late teens and early 20s. But I'm not going to blame my folks. It was my stupidity and immaturity that did it. On top of that I picked up some student loans that I didn't pay back as I should've. Many years later into my late 20s I finally decided I had had enough of my horrible credit. The secured card from BoA is where I made my start. I dished out 300 bucks and got squared away with my new card with no application or introductory fees. An annual fee was immediately charged once the account was opened. The $39 fee is a little high in my opinion but not outrageous considering they helped me get back up to snuf credit wise. After about 6 months or so of paying the balance off monthly, they refunded the $300 deposit and made the account nonsecured. On top of that they reported my successes to the three credit bureaus every month as they said they would. I'm very pleased with this starter card and have since picked up some of the best cards the average consumer can get, e.g., AMEX Blue Cash, DiscoverIT, Chase Freedom. My credit scores averaged 526 approximately 3 years ago. I'm now I'm at a 725 mean between the three bureaus.

justmoody7's review was:

Mar 21, 2014 Reply

justmoody7(2, 1)

Review by justmoody7

After posting my review of the secured card and reading the negative reviews below I'd like to add that I have their cash back rewards card in addition to the other cards I mentioned above. I had no issues getting a credit line increase with the secured card and also with the rewards card. The rewards card has no annual fee, has proven itself concerning security and has since paid me several hundred dollars for buying stuff I would've bought anyway. Overall, BoA fees are high but if you play it right, youl'll never pay these fees.

justmoody7's reply was:

Mar 21, 2014

justmoody7(2, 1)

Review by justmoody7

BofA Credit Card? Never again! Helpful to 1 out of 1 people

A few months ago my mom's credit card was converted to a Bank of America credit card, and since she has had nothing but problems. First of all, there was a 48 hour activation period - from when she called in to activate her new BOA card, to when she could use it. Even though this was an existing account that she had for over 10 years with her prior bank!  And once she called BOA to activate her new card, her card from her old bank no longer worked- so for 2 days she had no credit card to use.  Now she has continuous problems.  Last week she tried to use the card in a CVS in Connecticut, 20 minutes from her  home. She was told there was a "hold" on her card, and she had to spend 15 minutes on the phone with Customer Service, while they analyzed why she was purchasing different medication "out-of-state."  The BOA representative wanted to know why she was seeing a new doctor in CT. I was furious when I found out this happened to my mom.  The card has also been declined on numerous other occasions, especially during regularly-scheduled online transactions, in which she needs to reenter all the card information again with the security code on the back. I have no idea how BOA keeps their credit card customers, because we have found way too many issues with simply using the card!  We are dumping this card in the trash where it belongs.

Jan 10, 2013 Reply

i had my card for years and got into some money problems and behind on my payments.  Once my payments were caught up, they close my account without telling me.  Nice, glad i didn't try to use it.  The way i found out was when i called to ask about something and the auto message stated that this account was closed.  it would have been nice to received a letter in the mail or email, since i use online.

Minnetta's review was:

Aug 25, 2012 Reply

Minnetta(2, 2)

Review by Minnetta

Results 1-10 of 49Results per page: 5 | 10 | 25Page 1 of 5   Previous | Next

Add Your Review Of Bank of America Card

Cardholder Rating Distribution (49)

Bank of America, branded “the Bank of Opportunity”, offers an array of credit cards with diverse features, such as cashback, rewards, balance transfer, student, small business, and more. Bank of America even offers charity-related credit cards that allow consumers to earn points towards specific causes, such as breast cancer research. Another noteworthy feature is Bank of America’s Credit Card Clarity Commitment, an easy-to-read one-page summary of a credit card’s important terms and conditions intended to make credit less confusing to consumers. Bank of America operates online, in nationwide branches, and is accessible via mobile banking.

Bank of America services personal, small business, and large corporate banking needs. The founding bank, known as Massachusetts Bank and later renamed Bank of America, was established in 1784. Today, Bank of America is known as the largest bank holding company (according to assets owned) in the U.S and one of the largest financial institutions in the world, serving clients in over 30 countries.