Question

beachgrl5755

Why supply credit cards to help, then get turned down? Isn't that another bad credit against me now?
I just applied for the credit cards options you supplied, to help with my credit...then I was turned down! So now I will get a letter from the company showing why I couldn't get the card!

That creates yet another 'ding against my credit'! Why would you do that...if it isn't going to help???

* there is a debt of $100 outstanding, I have no idea what this is!

* Plus, you have 'My Income' in information on my credit report -- but, you have also included 'Mine & my husbands House Payment' included in my -- Debt to Income Ratio!

We have been separated, and he is making the house payment & bills for our home in Tallahassee! I have been paying for all the bills for my home in Monticello!

it is unfair to include both -- when doing my rating!
Please a help clear this up!

Thank you!

Please realize that this forum is for users such as yourself.  If you have an issue with this website, please email support@creditkarma.com.   I feel bad that you took this website's "recommendations".  I think it is pretty crummy that they do this trick - those "recommendations' are just ads.  I've heard this same story many times and it saddens me that a website that is supposed to help just confuses matters more.  

Credit Karma gets their info from TransUnion.  To find out what is truly on your credit report, pull a copy from www.annualcreditreport.com and dispute any errors.  

Regarding your house payments - if you and your ex are both still on the mortgage, then it will show up on both your credit reports.  Doesn't matter if one or the other got the house in the divorce decree, one of you has to re-finance the house into their own name in order to get the other person off the note.  Divorce decree doesn't do that, but the attorneys never explain that to their clients.