Great for establishing a credit history††

$29

2.7

Sep 10 2020
Credit booster

I applied for this card. At first it did take about 3 weeks to process even though i paid the $200 the day i applied for the CC. I was starting to get worried but then i got emails i was approved my card was on its way and i was happy. Of course the annual fee $29 was immediately applied so i choose not to spend anymore for my first month since im sticking to only 10% use to gain credit points to buy a house. Im going on my 2nd month and i will know by sept 13th how this gets reported to all my credit bureaus and ill update again with a new review after that. So far im happy with it. I will use my 1st purchase of $20 bucks after the 13th towards gas for my vehicle and keep it at that then pay the 20 in full by the first week of month since my bill is due every 9th of month. its important to pay it atleast 5-6 days before the due date due to online banking payment takes a few days to process the payment. Thats the only thing do not wait till the last day to pay bill because then you can be officially late on payment posting with them. I dont care for interest rates right now since i have only 1 reason for using this credit card and its for my gain and credit scores to rise. i hope this helps for anyone in my situation. My scores have gone up from 560 to 590-600 within 6-8 weeks.

Dec 17 2020
Do Not Sign Up For First Progress

In my fifth week of waiting on this card, and their customer service line is horrible. Go somewhere else, or at least read the reviews carefully. This place is terrible service.

All reviews

May 11 2021
Good starter card

Good card to start or rebuild credit. Even if you never miss a payment for a year they refuse to increase credit limit without a deposit. I got three unsecured credit cards with higher limits. Don't make any sense

May 04 2021
They kept my money

I applied for this credit card and I even sent my verification over night through usps service. They claim they never received it and never returned my Deposit as it states on their agreement. I have my tracking # . I really wanted to try this service. I just wang my deposit now though.

Apr 22 2021
Helps rebuild credit with monthly payments

This card was the first card I got after my debt consolidation. I use it monthly for gas and groceries, paying the balance through my bill pay monthly. The only thing I don't like is you cannot pay on the website, only through your bank's bill pay or old fashioned US mail.

Apr 15 2021
Absolute worst card ever

It took about a month and a half for me to get this card every time you spoke to someone at customer service they charged you just to make a payment you can only make payments by the bank not with the card this was absolutely the worst experience I’ve ever had with a credit card I was trying to build my credit and right now the way I’m feeling about it I’d rather just have bad credit rather than have a card like this ever again absolute worst experience ever

Mar 30 2021
Awful.

This is the worst finance experience I've ever been a part of. The annual fee is automatically applied, the call center # does not work half the time, and the customer service reps barely pay attention when you speak with them. I would do ANY credit card to avoid this one if I had to re-do this process.

Mar 19 2021
Love it

I have 2 cards with First Progress now and it has been nothing but a blessing. Customer service is great when I have to call in and its definitely a credit booster. Was scared to get it because I heard horrible stories about secured cards from non mainstream companies but I took the chance and its been better than any other credit card ive had before

Mar 15 2021
Helping my Credit

Other than a fee I was hit with for no reason the card is ok to have, I'm trying to rebuild my credit

Dec 17 2020
Do Not Sign Up For First Progress

Dec 12 2020
Worst card in my life

Trust me they'll have an excuse for every little problem out the many that happens to you.. I would just try to get a discover it card to save the stress

Dec 03 2020
Mediocre customer service but a good card

Have had this card for 6 months, No bad experiences for me. Just use it, pay it early, and carry a low low balance month to month and it will help your credit.

Great for establishing a credit history††