Question

Sloanedude

Paid off credit cards and bad debit with little change
Recently I paid down two credit cards reducing my CC debit from 57% to only 6%.. Additionally I had three ( out of five) bad credit hits against me and paid them off as well. Unfortunately my credit score has not improved much ( six points ) This is a really disappointing given the over all effort and cost. I find it rather ironic that any negative hits are instant and any improvements take weeks or months to even show up if ever at all.

Well, give it some time. And keep in mind that the ultimate goal is to get collections removed rather than just marked as paid. Getting them marked as paid doesn't do a whole lot as it is still a collection on your reports. Read about "pay for delete agreements" if you try to take care of the other collections, you cannot always get a "pay for delete" but sometimes you can and it is the best for you.